PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2020 - Part 1

Options

Comments

• Cherry_Burton
    Options
    Hi

Please, may I join? Late as ususal:) 14lbs, please.

CB
    1/10/2015 Debt Free
    1/1/2018 Mortgage Free
    Now saving for early retirement
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Hello All

Can I join please ?

Am 12 stone 11lbs. 14lb's for this quarter please.

I only weigh myself once a month around the 1st.

Many thanks

Bala
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Could I join in please? I would like to aim for 5lb for the first quarter thanks :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Back on the band wagon today, I have not been compleatly plant based over Christmas .. little bits of chocolate and cheese here and there ( i have been veggie most of my life due to a meat allergy - i had been eating plant based for over a month in the run up to christmas - i am not a ethical vegan so dont judge) and not been doing the walking to and from work. I estimate i have gained a few pounds - but clothes still fit so not too bad. I am back to walking to work tomorrow and soup for lunch made from extra veggies from christmas dinner with added spices and lentils and fruit.

Wishing ever one a happy and healthier new year!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sillyvixen I've not added you to the list as I know you don't own any scales so go by feel and clothes fit. :)

Cherry not late and I'm always happy to add anyone any time :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am pleased to say that although I have been eating over the holidays I have been mindful of how easy it is to sit a feed whilst watching Tv or just relaxing on the sofa .So I have watched carefully what I have been eating and made sure green veg outnumbered spuds on my plate and left a good gap between dinner and pudding and then a smaller portion than usual and I have actually lost 2.lbs which I am pleased about I have not been as active as I usually am owing to my fall in November ,but being careful what I am eating has helped a bit I think My youngest DGD Holly is getting married in 6 months so I want to drop at least a stone in that time so fingers crossed

Tomorrow I shall be back in my own home after flitting about between the famiiy for the last 9-10 days, so I can concentrate better as I will be doing my own food from then on (apart from my Sunday dinner that I always have at DDs)
    I shall be tightening my belt in more ways than one in january :):)

JackieO xx
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please may I join?

I’ll weigh myself in the morning (I use the Wii fit board so I’ll not plug all that in just now!) I’m probably the heaviest I’ve ever been.

Please put me down to lose 20 lbs.

This is today’s eating, so you can see what is happening...

Brunch - sandwiches with chicken, hummus and avocado

At the football - a burger

Tea - salmon, HM chips and peas

Not too bad....

Then 2 x mince pies, large piece of Christmas cake, 1 doughnut. And I’m still hungry.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's so nice to see everyone old and new joining this challenge. I managed to stick to my eating plan apart from 7 custard creams which leapt into my mouth when I wasn't looking :o. Fortunately I had enough points on WW to absorb them but I will make sure the biscuit barrel is kept in the other room when I am watching tv.

Todays meals are probably going to be:

b - scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast
    l - ham salad sandwich and a packet of crisps
    d - chicken and leeks in a blue cheese sauce, recipe from the first Pinch of Nom cookbook and one of my favourites.
    s - banana, apple and a Bailey's coffee.

Hope you all have a great day and get off to a flying start. Take care xx
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning everyone
    First day back at work since 20th so not looking forward to it just had porridge and berries got my packed lunch ready and something with chicken tonight probably pasta.
    Frugal challenge 2024

• honeythewitch
    Options
    Morning everyone. :)

Yesterdays food...

Four large satsumas.

Cornish brie and Krackawheat.

Two giant raw carrots. :) So that wasnt a bad start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure