Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 January 2020 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join you also.
    I'm fed up of feeling like a frump so its about time I do something to change that.
    There are lots of things I'd like to change but my little mantra would have to be Baby steps

I'm very overweight but do exercise at least 5 days a week.
    I live in elasticated waist trousers, trainers and baggy tops. I'd ultimately like to be dressed smartly but I'll do what I can to look better whilst I try harder to lose this weight. Like I said I do lots of exercise but its the food part I struggle with. I have got a shopping list started ready to shop healthily on Monday when kids/dh are back to school/work.
    Other things I want to do in baby steps is
    - start putting a little make up on
    - put a little perfume on daily (dh bought me one for xmas)
    - get my hair cut more often ( it needed doing about 4 weeks ago - just a cut/blow but anxiety got in the way and I cancelled the appointment, so daft as I always feel better for getting it done)
    - paint toe nails
    - get my engagement ring resized so that I can feel comfortable wearing it
    - put ear rings in every day

So as I'd decided I was joining in on this thread I have made a start tonight and had a leisurely bath, defuzzed and painted my toe nails a deep plum colour. He's to baby steps
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    - get my hair cut more often ( it needed doing about 4 weeks ago - just a cut/blow but anxiety got in the way and I cancelled the appointment, so daft as I always feel better for getting it done

Have you thought about using a mobile hairdresser?
    If you are feeling anxious, you may feel more comfortable having someone come to your home. My hairdresser comes on the day I work from home and it’s great as she does my roots whilst I’m on my laptop. Great multi tasking!
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Chanie, thank you I'd not thought about that. I'll have a look and see whats available locally.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Chanie, thank you I'd not thought about that. I'll have a look and see whats available locally.

I must admit, I do miss the pampering feeling of going to a salon, but it’s saves me time getting it done at home.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Welcome to the newbies and returners .....always nice to see new faces on here.

How are we are all. Unfortunately I'm still struggling with my tummy and I'm trying to fight off a lurgy which started yesterday so not at my best at the moment. Never mind it gives me the excuse to take things easy, the house is fine for now. It can wait, I'm just going to concentrate on getting and feeling better.

The good news is I've already lost 1.5lbs so all is not lost. Aiming to lose a further 4lbs by the end of January. That should be achievable.

So today just pottering about, a bit of pampering and TLC and fabbing. Today I'm going to tidy my eyebrows, then give myself a face mask and manicure and a little gentle yoga.

Just ease myself back into things gently.

There's nothing spoiling. It's a marathon not a sprint and a slow start is good enough.
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2020 at 12:07PM
    Options
    Good Morning everyone . well im jumping out of my comfort zone this morning .Ive committed myself to try and swim at least once a week . I go with a friend , and weve been doing that now for 5 weeks . Well her husband ( For a christmas present for her ) has paid a 6 week membership at a local Leisure spa . Its at a local hotel , and you can swim , use all gym facilities , sauna etc etc , in within the price of the membership . £44 for 6 weeks and you can go as many times as you like within that time . It cost nearly £4 a time to go for an "Ordinary" swim at the baths, so as im on an economy drive this year , ive had to weigh it up . I must be the only person who doesnt actually like Spa places? but i do like the pool . I feel out of my comfort zone to be honest with the gym , as i have a heart problem , but this is the year i want to try new things . AND it did say in the reading that if you have a membership theres a gym person ? coach ? who will sort out an exersize plan to suit you , ( I need to build up my cardio again , hence the swimming ) Anyway i DID tell my friend no initially to me joining, but as i was looking on line last night , i could email for a FREE PASS to try it , and see if i liked it ,,,,,,so i have nothing to lose do i ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so today is the day . im meeting my friend in about an hour , Ill let you know how i get on
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone

I’m another long time lurker inspired by this thread and a few others to come out of the woodwork and join in! I’ll be 56 in a few months, widowed for nine years shortly and although I’ve taken huge steps - some practical, some exciting, some downright ridiculous 😂 - I want to do so much more.

I follow SW and need to lose 21 pounds to get to target. I’ve eaten really badly over the holidays and feel awful so I’m back on the wagon today and plan to do dry January. Well I’ll try!

I’ve also refurbished my house in the last six months and it’s looking grand. But now it’s time for ‘Operation Me’. I’ve discovered Clarins and though pricey find it suits my skin really well. I’ve been given a few Christmas gifts from the range but plan to use up my cupboards full of stuff I buy with great intentions then never get around to using! I also want to look at my clothes and style. I like classic styles but really hanker to be more hippy! I guess I need to find a balance.

Sorry this is a bit of a novel! I’ve been reading over ten years and even think I posted a few times way, way, back, I feel as if I know you all. I even wear perfume every day 😇
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone

I’m another long time lurker inspired by this thread and a few others to come out of the woodwork and join in! I’ll be 56 in a few months, widowed for nine years shortly and although I’ve taken huge steps - some practical, some exciting, some downright ridiculous 😂 - I want to do so much more.

I follow SW and need to lose 21 pounds to get to target. I’ve eaten really badly over the holidays and feel awful so I’m back on the wagon today and plan to do dry January. Well I’ll try!

I’ve also refurbished my house in the last six months and it’s looking grand. But now it’s time for ‘Operation Me’. I’ve discovered Clarins and though pricey find it suits my skin really well. I’ve been given a few Christmas gifts from the range but plan to use up my cupboards full of stuff I buy with great intentions then never get around to using! I also want to look at my clothes and style. I like classic styles but really hanker to be more hippy! I guess I need to find a balance.

Sorry this is a bit of a novel! I’ve been reading over ten years and even think I posted a few times way, way, back, I feel as if I know you all. I even wear perfume every day 😇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good start to the new year yesterday, amongst the spring cleaning I found some time for a face mask, some moisturising foot socks, tinting my eyebrows, and to paint my nails and toenails.

Today I've made more of an effort to make my makeup look tidy, proper effort vs "that'll do" :rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :hello: to the new people.

I have decided that I am going to do meditation/mindfulness daily, just 15 minutes. I keep starting it and then trailing off. I am going to lie down on the bed and do the meditation exercise later and put a face mask on at the same time.:)

I want to start a regular cleaning routine as well for the new year. I do housework here and there but never have any order to it.:rotfl: I'm going to make a list of what to do daily and each week and month. I was looking at other lists online and I don't wash my pillows every 3-6 months?!

I just made a Superdrug order, I got a face mask, lip balm, lipstick and some mouthwash.:A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback