• sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :
    sweetcarer wrote: »
    Sneaking in here.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. Been missing in action for a wee while but thought I pop in and say HI!

Been stitching away as usual - will post some pictures when I get home from work.

So have a nice new year when it comes, if I don't come back before then.

Kind wishes,
    sweetcarer ;)

I mean to come back sooner but life took over and I have forgotten how to post a photo.
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WB Tricksie, hope you are recovering well after your op, perfect excuse to sit and stitch :)

Sweetcarer, you upload it somewhere like flickr then click the yellow square with mountain icon or paste the BB code.

Finally started my Dahlia blanket, I have decide to only use 5 colours in my blanket as I think they blend well together, I just didn't like the yellow and brown probably because i'm using less colours. However they were screaming at me "Sunflowers" my favourite flower so I've found a pattern to make not sure whether to do a blanket or some sort of wall hanging we shall see.

First stripe of each colour (width is 58" as the wool is more like Aran Weight) totally behind on the CAL but I won't need as many rows.
    49367590793_0ff9606061_o.jpg

A tester sunflower, I like it but may tweak the pattern a little
    49367590743_a8f08fe323_o.jpg 49367658173_78816f00cb_w.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • sweetcarer
    Options
    Hi there,
    I don't know what was last posted here, so I will start with one of my biggest achievements from way back in 2014 - it was a sad year as I lost my mum and I had troubles with work. But what came out of it was me stitching this - the Twisted Band Sampler by Northern Expressions. This is the speciality stitches version (there is a cross stitch only one too). It contains approx. 16 different stitches.

49372186331_dfac745a3e.jpg

Kind wishes,
    sweetcarer
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

tricksie - good to see you posting :)
    Nmm - love the colours you've chosen for the CAL - looks fab. And oh my those sunflowers are great too - so neat!
    Sweetcarer- thank you for posting the photo - I remember you doing that piece and can't believe it was that long ago :eek: It was like looking at an old friend when I saw it, so lovely xx

I have been a busy bee this week with work, gym and cinema (1917, would highly recommend). Went to Costco and Aldi yesterday, then out for a takeaway at a friend's house. Just finished the ironing so will be picking up my stitching now. I've missed it this week :(

Hope you all have a fab day,
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have a lot of Anchor cross stitch threads (about 150) wound onto bobbins and in a box. I'd like to give them to someone who would use them The only cost would be postage or collection. I don't know whether this actually allowed on here - if not someone please tell me - but I thought of MSE first as a place to give them away. If anyone is interested please pm me.
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • sweetcarer
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Sweetcarer- thank you for posting the photo - I remember you doing that piece and can't believe it was that long ago :eek: It was like looking at an old friend when I saw it, so lovely xx
    Coxy xx

Talking of old friend made me think of posting this one. Originally it was done in 1994/95, my late husband bought it for me - one of my first major projects.

I done it again last year in "celebration" of what would of been our silver anniversary. I done it again as the original got lost in a house fire (lost a lot of stitches then).

There is two photos - one straight off the hoop and one from when I entered into a local competition and it got first prize.

49373301846_69dfae4773.jpg

49373293841_ab2c82fc8d.jpg

Kind wishes,
    sweetcarer
  • nmm
    Options
    Aliz95, that's a very kind offer, I hope someone responds for you :)

My first update of The Junction, not much to see as only done a couple of hours plus i'm trying to get used to evenweave as I don't use it that often. (sorry about the rubbish picture, dodgy lighting in my house)

49374161133_412fd39920.jpg
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://flic.kr/p/2ieTbtH

Not sure if this will work!

One of my latest finishes, Little House Needleworks "Winter Band Sampler"
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't seem to get the photo up, only the link ��
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • nmm
    Options
    That's lovely tricksie, I love the way you've mounted it. to show the picture here click the share arrow (bottom right of photo) the copy the BB Code, hth :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure