2019 Transforming and Becoming Mortgage Free!

Options
Happy Solstice!! :xmastree:

I'm starting a new diary as today is the new start on the final part of my mortgage journey :j

Sorry for the long thread title, but that's what this is for me!! Winter Solstice 2018 to Winter Solstice 2019 is my transformative year - I intend to be sitting here 365 days from today in a renovated home that I own outright and I love, planning the garden works which will be beginning in the spring of 2020. :D:D

So, that's a year of being as frugal as possible, ploughing on with the house renovations, keeping an iron grip on the budgets, spending reduced, income hopefully increased while doing something everyday towards achieving those financial targets.

It's not just the finances that are being overhauled though - it's me, my home, my lifestyle, my environment. It's a lot to take on at once but I'm absolutely okay with that - I've been down a number of routes previously and I know what works and what doesn't for me ;) The main thing here is the realism of both the time frame and the outcome. It is genuinely achievable if I keep tight control.

I've got a million plans in my head which I will share soon (on my phone at the moment and a bit old for this kind of typing! ;):rotfl:)

A couple of them are:
-Use this diary daily to document what I have done towards achieving the house renovations and mortgage freedom
- Update budgets and spending diary daily
- Daily self care
The rest I'll add when I can type properly!! ;)

The main thing is that I will be mortgage free in a year :j

I'm actually incredibly excited despite the apprehension :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you all have a fab day!! :D

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hello

I wish you all the best with your transformation. Happy shiny new diary, I shall follow with interest.

Bexster :)
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 December 2018 at 11:37PM
    Options
    will be rooting for you squirrelgirl
    CRx
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Must feel so exciting to be 12 months away! Good luck.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    364 days to go!! ;):j

So, netbook playing up (everytime I type the screen dies :() so not able to do full update as really hard on my phone!! I'll steal one of the babies lappies tomorrow if no joy with the netbook ;) I want to get the important stuff listed!!

Today, jobs towards house include checking out stairparts on the web and clearing the kitchen so that its functional again....

I refilled my hair conditioner and decided to leave an inch or so gap at the top so that i could 'rinse' the funnel i used to decant the stuff with water direct into the bottle...saves losing any conditioner, gives me more for my money and is a fracion of a penny saved but thats how its going to be from now on...any possibility of saving anything at all makes it worth it! ;):D It may take me only a fraction of a nanometre closer but I'm taking it!!! :rotfl:

Very excited still :D ..having a very lazy day today but that is as planned...tomorrow will be busy and productive hopefully- main thing is that its going to be one day closer!! ;)
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Amazing plans and how exciting to think in a year you'll be MF in a newly refurbished house! :)

Will be following your journey! X
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    Good Luck on the final part of your MF Journey!
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,554 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Fantastic exciting plans, and I wish you luck with them.

It can be done, this time last year, I had no idea or plans to be mortgage free, what helped me greatly was my knotty knots rounding down last few digits on mortgage balance to 00.00.

Good Luck
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    How exciting! - will be following your new diary :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Couldsavemore
    Options
    Happy new diary!

I've found my spending diary has helped loads.
    I'm also writing down my bank balance daily.
    It's helping me loads...

Enjoy the renovations@
    # 36 1p challenge 2024 - £421.80

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £1925/8138… 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business