Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• The_Bloodster
    The_Bloodster Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2018 at 5:10PM
    Options
    I've just worked mine out and thankfully I'm a light user and still have to pay £142.20 extra a year based on the previous 12 months usage. I'll be switching. I'm in the North West

Does anyone know if you can add your own rates onto the Energy Saving Club as this is listed or as I suspect we are going to have to scroll through and find the cheapest

I based the energy saving club at the old usio rate and then added my usage. It gives the total breakdowns so at least I know how much it is compared to new suppliers.

For example my Usio deal was to be £684 and based on First Utility its £826. On the energy club its showing my new cheapest based on my usage is Avro with £772.

Interesting though I can use different suppliers and get Zog for gas (24 months) for £213 and Enstroga for Electric (12 months) for £480 so total £693
  • BigTezza
    BigTezza Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure, but see the previous discussions around the tariff being heavily weighted to unit costs - you need to be doing a comparison over the winter months (Nov-Apr) presuming you have historic readings data, and comparison sites compare over the whole year.

I'm using the figures I got for the 12 months from May 2017 to May 2018 from Scottish Power prior to my switch to Usio. I know this new tariff ends in April but I called FU and they worked out an annual and monthly cost for me based on the tariff I was emailed. A lot/most of the comparison sites ask for your existing supplier but of course this new tariff isn't listed under FU. Head....slowly......exploding.......
  • bazman23
    Options
    hi all here is what they offered me im in kent:

Your new prices on our First Usio April 2019

Electricity Standing charge (per day) 12.86p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 17.300p

Gas Standing charge (per day) 10.14p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.701p

does anyone know how we can compare against other suppliers? as this deal will not be on comparison sites. i know my usage but ive got no idea how to work out how much im worst off
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just work out annual cost on the above (usage times unit charge, standing times 365) and compare with other suppliers on a pounds per annum basis.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2018 at 8:26PM
    Options
    For information, here is what First Utility will be charging me in Herefordshire:
    [FONT=&quot]Electricity[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Standing charge (per day)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.71p[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unit rate (per kWh)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]16.974p[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gas[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Standing charge (per day)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10.75p[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unit rate (per kWh)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3.618p[/FONT]

I'm concerned about the electricity unit charge; I use electricity to heat my hot water, (no central heating). I will definitely need to switch from First Utility, and the sooner the better.

It also irks me that First Utility are re-iterating OFGEM's advice to delay switching until the transfer goes through!:(
  • gadgetmind
    Options
    You won't be able to initiate another switch until you are live with First Utility as that's the way the industry works.

We also have high electricity consumption and previously found Bulb good but we're now with Yorkshire Energy on a "peace of mind" fixed tariff.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    It also irks me that First Utility are re-iterating OFGEM's advice to delay switching until the transfer goes through!:(

The reason that there is a delay is down to the fact that the gaining SoLR will be updating National Databases with your details etc. Nothing in the UK energy industry happens quickly as there are many parties involved in getting energy to your property. They all want their share of your energy £s.

It you initiate a switch then it could well be blocked on the grounds that there is already a transfer in progress. When I had a similar issue with the failure of GB Energy, I had to remind myself that the mess was partly of my own making; ie, I chose a supplier on the basis of cost ignoring the fact that the underpinning business might have issues.

Finally, how much extra would, say, 3 weeks on FU's tariff actually cost you? I suspect that it will be less than you think. Remember, difference in cost is 'x' units on FU's tariff minus 'x' units on Usio's tariff.
  • gadgetmind
    edited 28 October 2018 at 3:48PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    It you initiate a switch then it could well be blocked on the grounds that there is already a transfer in progress.

It 100% will be. There can only be one switch in progress at once. The customer can cancel in cooling off (doesn't apply here), or an objection from previous supplier can be upheld (doesn't apply here) or the customer goes live (does apply here!) Until any of these outcomes, another switch can't be initiated.

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back from holiday to find the news about the demise of USIO -first annoyance is that they were still alive long enuf to take a DD on the 12th October :mad:-looks like First Utility will inherit a credit of ~£70.

Second MAJOR annoyance is that First Utility's "offer" for leccy only will cost me £215 pa more than USIO:eek:. Just having a brief look shows that 4 of the big 6 would be cheaper and some of the new entrants much cheaper. So another switch as soon as I'm able......

Third annoyance - the Octopus tariff which I was moved onto on the demise of IRESA would now be competitive - ah well:(
  • clairearty1984
    Options
    I'm in London and my new tariff is as follows, looks like I'll be paying more than I expected for electricity. Also frustratingly I'm owed a couple of hundred £ from my previous supplier which they obviously won't pay until the new meter readings are sent through from First Utility. So much for locking into a cheaper energy deal before winter-doh! I'll be switching as soon as I can, but this time I'll go for a well established company I think

This tariff was created specifically for Usio customers and agreed with Ofgem. Your new First Utility tariff expires on 30 April 2019.Your new prices on our First Usio April 2019 Electricity Standing charge (per day) 12.45p Unit rate (per kWh) 16.332p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure