Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• O_Miserly_one
    Options
    USIO has gone BUST as of 15 October 2018. Customers are being transferred to First Utility and possibly others. I never got as far as having smart meters installed and only made one D/D payment. There is no way to retrieve my only online bill for September as their website has been taken down.
    Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have...a penny. :confused:
  • paulpa66
    paulpa66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    And it takes the usual 21 days from when the appointed supplier kicks things off. You can try to switch elsewhere yourself but it's probably too late - first to get the industry dataflow out that triggers it all "wins".

I am in process of switching, started on day one when they closed. No way am I going with first utility, although I was with them for many years, they are now one of the dearest suppliers.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    paulpa66 wrote: »
    I am in process of switching, started on day one when they closed. No way am I going with first utility, although I was with them for many years, they are now one of the dearest suppliers.

As much as you may not wish to be a customer of First Utility, you are and have been since 19th October 2018 ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shelley84 wrote: »
    I understand the advice to current customers, however I am mid switch from Eon to Usio. I started the process at the end of September and my first DD is due on the 29th Oct. I think they officially start being my supplier on that day.
    I'm not technically a customer of theirs yet. Will the new supplier still carry on switching me over to them? Or do I look for another provider?
    Shelley84 wrote: »
    Edited to add - I thought I was replying to another comment! Ooops!

I started the process on 27th Sept via Money Supermarket. They then emailed me from 2nd October onwards regarding direct debits, getting a smart meter fitted, and when they take over etc. They start supplying me on 29th Oct.
    It doesn't look like there is anyone I can contact to cancel.
    Unless I can get my current energy provider to try and block the switch maybe?

Hello Shelley84 and sorry to lose you.

It depends on what point your switch was at when Usio stopped trading. The switch will either continue and you'll be contacted by First Utility as the appointed Supplier of Last Resort; or you'll come back to us. We can soon let you know if we're still supplying so, if we are, you can start another switch.

Hope this is a useful steer Shelley84.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SquiggFSM
    Options
    Just had an update from First Utility

They will be putting me on their First Usio April 2019 Tariff:

13.530p a Day Standing Charge
    16.824p Unit Rate - Electricity kWh

I don't have gas at my property.

With Usio I had the following Tariiff

22.602p a Day Standing Charge
    10.894p Unit Rate - Electricity kWh

So it looks like I, and presumably everybody else, will be paying somewhere between 50 - 60 % more for their electricity from First Utility the Standing Charge reduction only equates to £33 on the year.

I'll be switching away as soon as reasonably possible...
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2018 at 3:36PM
    Options
    Details of the new tariff received from First Utility now.

our new prices on our First Usio April 2019
    Electricity

Standing charge (per day) 12.45p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 16.332p

Gas

Standing charge (per day) 9.32p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.702p

Fixed till April 2019

Obviously much dearer than the Usio tariff (there was a reason they went bust), but actually not all that bad based on the current market - would work out as ~ £87 p/m for me vs £83 p/m for the cheapest fixed price deal, a couple of variable tariffs at £79 p/m and one variable at £76 p/m (from Pure Planet who I've never heard off, and presume may soon put their prices up or also go bust...). I will still probably switch, but in no immediate rush to do so.

Though the tariff is high on unit costs and low on standing costs, so annual cost will be weighted more towards the winter months - something to bear in mind as comparison sights e.g. Martins energy club - work on annual usage. Will need to do a comparison of costs over the winter months (Nov-Apr) when assessing potential switch savings.
  • SquiggFSM
    Options
    I use approx 23,000 kWh of electricity a year, so the new tariff will be approximately an additional £1,300 a year for me, will definitely be switching...
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    Strange we seem to be getting different rates? Here's what I have been notified of today

Your new prices on our First Usio April 2019

Electricity Standing charge (per day) 11.76p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 17.037p
    Gas Standing charge (per day) 10.05p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.638p
  • StanDerMan
    Options
    SquiggFSM wrote: »
    I use approx 23,000 kWh of electricity a year, so the new tariff will be approximately an additional £1,300 a year for me, will definitely be switching...

I'll be similarly worse off ... any idea how soon we can switch? My gut is telling me to do it now before First Utility sink their teeth into us.
  • StanDerMan
    Options
    Strange we seem to be getting different rates? Here's what I have been notified of today

Electricity Standing charge (per day) 11.76p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 17.037p
    Gas Standing charge (per day) 10.05p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.638p

I've had this today

Your tariff details
    This tariff was created specifically for Usio customers and agreed with Ofgem. Your new First Utility tariff expires on 30 April 2019.
    Electricity Standing charge (per day) 11.78p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 16.594p
    Gas Standing charge (per day) 11.64p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.554p

This is "East Midlands" region I think. We're in Uttoxeter (Staffs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure