Options
    bazman23 wrote: »
    hi all here is what they offered me im in kent:

Your new prices on our First Usio April 2019

Electricity Standing charge (per day) 12.86p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 17.300p

Gas Standing charge (per day) 10.14p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 3.701p

does anyone know how we can compare against other suppliers? as this deal will not be on comparison sites. i know my usage but ive got no idea how to work out how much im worst off

I haven't a scooby. But welcome back! In fact your first ever post it would appear in over 10 years. Lets not hope it's another 10 years before we hear from you again...
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Obviously the Co. installing "SMART" meters for Usio haven't read their emails - had yet another entreaty today to make an apt. for installation (which was a condition of the tariff I had signed up to ) -only a week after Usio went to the wall!!:rotfl:
  • brewerdave
    edited 27 October 2018 at 9:06AM
    Options
    First Utility aren't on the ball with the takeover of USIO customers...just thought I'd check the Western Power Distribution site to see if they are now listed as my supplier ....but 9 days after they sent out the initial email, USIO are still listed as my supplier!!

Being a cynic, one wonders whether they are delaying the transfers to get as much as possible from us ,before we switch to a cheaper supplier. The rates they have quoted me would cost £215pa extra, just for leccy!
  • brewerdave
    Options
    ANYBODY been asked for meter reading(s) by First Utility yet ??
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    First Utility aren't on the ball with the takeover of USIO customers...just thought I'd check the Western Power Distribution site to see if they are now listed as my supplier ....but 9 days after they sent out the initial email, USIO are still listed as my supplier!!

Being a cynic, one wonders whether they are delaying the transfers to get as much as possible from us ,before we switch to a cheaper supplier. The rates they have quoted me would cost £215pa extra, just for leccy!

My thoughts exactly! And we’re only talking about 7000 accounts this time; First Utility was supposedly chosen by the regulator because of their “ability to cope with a large number of new accountsl”
  • markipad
    Options
    Just received email from First Utility, telling me that my online account is ready (supplied me with my account number, username and temp. password, which I have changed).

Only the bare details are there, no billing info yet, so I presume that I still can't switch yet?
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    Just received email from First Utility, telling me that my online account is ready (supplied me with my account number, username and temp. password, which I have changed).

Only the bare details are there, no billing info yet, so I presume that I still can't switch yet?

I've just spoken to their dedicated Usio switch team, who told me that my switch to First Utility should be complete by 3rd November, and that it should be possible to apply to switch away from them from that date.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    I've had the same email -when I logged in ,I got a 503 error; so I went thru to the "ordinary" log in ,changed my password and WAS going to input the meter reading from 19th October - but it won't let me backdate the reading!!

STILL listed as Usio supply on Western Power site!!
  • brewerdave
    Options
    I rang First Utility - she seemed to suggest that I wouldn't be able to enter any readings until 3rd November when the switch SHOULD be complete.
    I gave my readings from 19th October manually which she said ,would be used to close my Usio account and open my First Utility account.
    One disquieting thing from the conversation was that she indicated that they were still trying to tie up things on account balances with Usio's administrators and that it might take a considerable time:eek:
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all the updates.

I still haven't had any contact from First Utility.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure