A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I could have sworn I posted yesterday. We gave ourselves a bit of a lazy weekend. I should have done more but didn't. We pretty much ate from stores and DH made a meal plan from the freezer for the rest of this week.

I am absolutely dreading tomorrow as I have been summoned under oath to appear in front of the nightmare client's regulator. I am unable to focus properly on anything and my ibs has flared up. My sleep is also disturbed.
    Today however I will sort out my last month's expenses as my credit card bill needs paid and unfortunately last week's PA payout won't cover it.

The clear out is staggering along at a not very fast rate. We did tackle the post pile yesterday by feeding the shredder and the recycling. I also got around to reading a 2017 mag, extracted 3 pages and this also went to be recycled. Some small spaces have appeared but the house is still cluttered. Yesterday we threw out an incredibly old discoloured sheet. I have a constant struggle between just wanting things gone and wanting to recycle, rehome, generate funds, etc. I also can't be the only one who feels guilty about using plastics, etc. and then seethes when news comes out that most of what we send for recycling isn't suitable but government isn't tackling this with producers. Somedays I just get fed up being made to feel inadequate by those who could do something but don't.
    Anyhow, the rant needs to end as there's lots to be done.
    Today I am grateful for
    Access to the drugs that will help my tummy. It's easy to whinge about the NHS while forgetting the bits we can take for granted
    Contact from dd
    Tasty food in the freezer
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you get on okay today and you feel better once its over and done with.

I would get very stressed about stuff like that too so you are not alone in that.

Dxxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,307 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes as well as it can today xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Regarding tomorrow, all you can do is tell the truth as you know it. I'm sure if figures etc are involved that you are already on top of that.... sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that the ibs settles down quickly. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not surprised you have IBS with all that is going on. Wishing you a calm and positive day.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Popping in very hastily as I need to get to work... lots of good wishes for tomorrow.
    My priority list for guest-wise cleaning is different, possibly because I never get some areas clean. Bathroom, kitchen and lounge are my priorities in the hope that the guests will think I'm at least clean and that I totally hadn't expected anyone to borrow the bathroom, and therefore they are getting an insight into my ordinary life when they see it gleaming :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck today xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope it went well.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    you could not make it up. manager suffered a family bereavement and ive been in covering all week! yesterday went better than expected but im struggling to keep on top of other client work. im tired
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,307 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    you could not make it up. manager suffered a family bereavement and ive been in covering all week! yesterday went better than expected but im struggling to keep on top of other client work. im tired

You could just not make it up.
    Like a black commedy.
    No wonder you are tired.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback