Do you have -'POLICY ADMIN SERV 1@ £7.99' on your bank statement?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• daisychain9
    daisychain9 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but have just come over it while searching for Policy Admin Services.

I've just found out that i'm paying £5.99 a month to these people i'm presuming for an old mobile phone. I haven't used Phones4U in years. I actually stupidly thought this was for some other insurance on something completely different! My fault I know.

Having been on to my bank to check they have told me that it was instructed on 27th March 2013 and first payment taken 24th February 2017 which has confused me.

Having googled PAS i've discovered they went into administration, how can they still take direct debits when the company no longer exists? I am about to cancel this direct debit via my bank. Is there anyway I can find out why they started taking money 4 years after it was instructed?
    Thanks to all those who post the comps :D
  • BKC05
    BKC05 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    I hope this comment finds you all well. 
    I have had on my bank account for a number of years now POLICY ADMIN SERVS at a payment of £6.99 a month and I can honestly say I cannot remember what it is for. I have just looked it up and found this forum. Could anyone help me find out what it is and if I need it or how I get rid if not please. 
    Thank you 
    Clueless lady lol.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BKC05 said:
    Good afternoon,
    I hope this comment finds you all well. 
    I have had on my bank account for a number of years now POLICY ADMIN SERVS at a payment of £6.99 a month and I can honestly say I cannot remember what it is for. I have just looked it up and found this forum. Could anyone help me find out what it is and if I need it or how I get rid if not please. 
    Thank you 
    Clueless lady lol.
    I would suggest reading the complete thread from first post.

Especially the parts with contact numbers, email addresses, refunds and stopping DD etc?

Than come back with questions if any.  
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • for those still running into problems with this, i thought i might provide a little hope. I am VERY late to the party (i have had 2 direct debits going out of my bank account under "policyadminserv" since 2001 & 2002!). I too had assumed they were for bank charges for holding a premium account. This only came to light when I was contacted by my former bank for an account which I thought I had closed years ago, asking me to arrange payment of my overdraft.

Long story short, I contacted Policy Administration Services (unable to post link, as i have just registered on this site, but you can easily find their website by googling) and had an exchange with them using the email address: relations@policyadmin.co.uk - it seems the direct debits were for 2 mobile phone insurance policies for the long-defunct Phones4U company. I never remember agreeing or taking these policies, and besides, my bank account provided free mobile phone insurance as a benefit of the account.

Policy Administration Services requested confirmation from my bank that the bank account did indeed provide mobile phone insurance, and that I had held that particular bank account type for the duration of the PolicyAdminServ direct debits, and, "as a gesture of goodwill", they offered me a full refund of all the monthly payments for both direct debits, totalling several thousand pounds (including interest @8%).

So for others who may yet encounter this issue, it is definitely worth pursuing, and don't be discouraged by the liquidation of Phones4U, as Policy Administration Services are still very much alive and kicking.

Good luck!
  • kbizzle
    Options
    I'm even later to the party than the person above. In a similar vein, I discovered I'd been paying this every month since 2004 without realising it was for mobile insurance.

In 2014 I switched to a bank account that provided mobile insurance. Earlier this year I sent evidence of this (and all intervening statements) to Policy Administration Services and they refunded the payments taken since then.

I didn't receive any payment for interest (which the person above did), and I still ended up losing ten years' worth of payments for a service I didn't even know I was receiving, but I'm glad that I was able to reclaim some of it.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kbizzle said:
    I'm even later to the party than the person above. In a similar vein, I discovered I'd been paying this every month since 2004 without realising it was for mobile insurance.

In 2014 I switched to a bank account that provided mobile insurance. Earlier this year I sent evidence of this (and all intervening statements) to Policy Administration Services and they refunded the payments taken since then.

I didn't receive any payment for interest (which the person above did), and I still ended up losing ten years' worth of payments for a service I didn't even know I was receiving, but I'm glad that I was able to reclaim some of it.

Sounds you did very well getting all that money back for an error on your part.
  • GraceCourt
    GraceCourt Posts: 317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For information: Policy Administration Services Limited ("PAS"), company number 3907386, incorporated in England, went into administration on 16 September 2014, when administrators from Pricewaterhouse Coopers LLC were appointed.
    If you have made payments to the company's bank account since that date (for example, because you have set up a Standing Order with your bank or have had sums debited from your account via a Direct Debit) you should refer to information from the administrators here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback