Sky Q Boxes

Options

Comments

• dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    In relation to SKY Q...( slightly off topic....sorry )

If I send my SKY Q back....and then plug in my old HD box will it still work...

I remember when Sky installed Q I got a new dish....the cables remained the same but was wondering

Thanks
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    renegadefm wrote: »
    Fair enough, but the way I see it, it does make it slightly more hassle to cancel with Sky now, surely anyone can see that. Most people dont want the hassle of sending the boxes back, compared to actually being able to keep the old ones and either use them as freeview or sell them. Like I said for me it was the tipping point of staying with Sky, even though I find their pricing has gone high which was why I wanted to cancel initially. But thanks to everyone who cleared that up once and for all because on the Sky forum there was a lot if conflicting opinions at the time.

You can't get Freeview via a dish as has been pointed out.

Savy users get a 6 port Hybrid LNB installed when getting Sky Q or purchase a 4 port Sky LNB or 6 port Hybrid LNB for £15-£25 when leaving Sky Q and move on to Freesat.
  • Inner_Zone
    Options
    In relation to SKY Q...( slightly off topic....sorry )

If I send my SKY Q back....and then plug in my old HD box will it still work...

I remember when Sky installed Q I got a new dish....the cables remained the same but was wondering

Thanks

Not likely as as well as the new dish there would have been an new LNB, see post above.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    Not likely as as well as the new dish there would have been an new LNB, see post above.

Ok thank you.....could anyone recommend a decent LNB to use.....

Again...thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Again...thank you

Just go on Amazon and search for Sky LNB.
  • Inner_Zone
    Options

Again...thank you

Sky use elliptical dishes so the LNB needs to suit. A 'Sky' LNB should be of the suitable type. As above or E-Bay.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    . But thanks to everyone who cleared that up once and for all because on the Sky forum there was a lot if conflicting opinions at the time.

There really wasn't.

The advice on the Sky forums has always been that you don't own the Sky Q box and it has to go back if you cancel.

Looking at your thread there (assuming it's the one linked to earlier in this thread) this was set out clearly by experienced forum members in their replies to you. As I said, on occasions, there are those who thought it was as with Sky +HD but they are swiftly disabused of this notion.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    there was a lot if conflicting opinions at the time.
    I think it's already been established very early in the thread that you can't have an "opinion" about a legally binding contract.

It's simply a matter of fact, not speculation, that the SkyQ decoder is rental only.

I don't really know why this thread is dragging on so long... :(
  • food4thought1
    Options
    it also saves sky loads of money , by returning these boxes they can just refurb and resend them out to new customers, rather than sending a new box out,

i,m guessing they are more expensive to produce than the older sky hd boxes which were free to do whatever you like with at the end of your contract
  • renegadefm
    renegadefm Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But as a new customer I wouldnt want a second hand box would you?

Even a referbished one is going to appear weathered unless they paint them aswell which I doubt. Its going to look soiled.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback