Sky Q Boxes

Options
12346»

Comments

• food4thought1
    Options
    as for non return of boxes I believe its £100 for the 1tb box and £140 for the 2tb (unless its changed now), so its far from minimal for sky, i very much doubt the box would cost nearly half that to produce so they will make quite a significant return on people failing to send the box back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 January 2020 at 7:14PM
    Options
    either way you were covered for the first 12 months always
    Okay, I'll bite.
    Most customers stay for far longer than just the first twelve months.

After this period, the likelihood of failure increases exponentially and so Sky have clearly NOT moved to a rental model in order to "save money".

Sky are now responsible for the collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of their waste electrical and electronic equipment.
    That is not something they took responsibility for in the past and will come with an added cost, not a saving.

As to providing "refurbished" product to new customers, Sky are savvy enough not to provide any equipment which appears used especially as such equipment is more likely to fail.
    as for non return of boxes I believe its £100 for the 1tb box and £140 for the 2tb (unless its changed now), so its far from minimal for sky,
    The point is that virtually no one will pay this fee, they'll simply return the (useless) box.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    as for non return of boxes I believe its £100 for the 1tb box and £140 for the 2tb (unless its changed now), so its far from minimal for sky, i very much doubt the box would cost nearly half that to produce so they will make quite a significant return on people failing to send the box back

If I pay SKY the £140 for box.....will I receive the free to air channels on it?

Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If I pay SKY the £140 for box.....will I receive the free to air channels on it?

Thank you

Probably but £140 for a non-recording box is expensive. I would expect the catch-up apps to possibly be disabled too.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 January 2020 at 8:41AM
    Options
    Perhaps, but Sky are under no obligation to provide such a service and will probably have already rendered it useless by the time you are billed.

Sky only charge after multiple reminders that returning the box is mandatory.

Cheaper to buy a fully functional Freesat recorder and LNB, surely?
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    The real question is, do Sky Q boxes do anything without a card or a contract? Or are they just a paperweight?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback