Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    i can understand your frustrations in regarding lost items !!
    though glad you have it sorted out now !
    Its one of the things i dislike about vegas the length of time it takes to get there(i know your going to la first it seems)
    I just wish vegas was say 4hours away on a plane, how good would that be?
    I hoping its a good trip
    kind reagrds

I actually enjoy the journey there. For me the holiday starts when we get to the airport - love a mooch around duty free and then a drink in the airport lounge. We always fly with Virgin (only option for direct flights from Manchester) and their in flight service (food, drink and entertainment) is great. I enjoy the opportunity to just sit, relax and watch films and documentaries in peace.
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I actually enjoy the journey there. For me the holiday starts when we get to the airport - love a mooch around duty free and then a drink in the airport lounge. We always fly with Virgin (only option for direct flights from Manchester) and their in flight service (food, drink and entertainment) is great. I enjoy the opportunity to just sit, relax and watch films and documentaries in peace.

Thomas Cook fly direct from Manchester. Also I noticed Virgin have extra direct flights on Tuesdays and Saturdays in September and some of October. I always thought it was just Thursday and Sunday flights. Not sure why it's just Sept and Oct...
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We used Uber for the first time this year and was so much cheaper than regular taxis. We got 2 from up at South Point (app 7 miles off strip past MB) to Golden Nugget downtown and they were app $9 each!

I was unsure on the tipping bit for uber, I know it's supposed to be a cashless transaction but we did tip as it was so cheap. Do people normally tip uber drivers?
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

hi

I can understand your point . I feel it is exciting when you are at the airport GOING to vegas, i do admit i get that feeling though it soon leaves when im on the plane, it takes off and im like a kid "are we there yet!?
    coming back I feel is a drag knowing you d be leaving vegas for a good while and will be already wanting to go back within a few days!
    I d love to fly on virgin , though we d need to travel though to glasgow for a direct flight( it ll be a thomas cook flight from glasgow) though its possiable going down to manchester/london the night before stay at a cheap[ hotel and flying that way with virgin.

Im a very anti social person according to my brother -though i blame shyness.i just dont like speaking to people i dont know on planes and being in a coach economy with 3 seats im not the most talkative person .
    kind reagrds
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Winter Jas

Hope my wife thinks the same about airports, she gotta sit in 3 before we get to the US!! :D:D hehe ! ;)
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bubble113 wrote: »
    We used Uber for the first time this year and was so much cheaper than regular taxis. We got 2 from up at South Point (app 7 miles off strip past MB) to Golden Nugget downtown and they were app $9 each!

I was unsure on the tipping bit for uber, I know it's supposed to be a cashless transaction but we did tip as it was so cheap. Do people normally tip uber drivers?

Tips aren't expected with ride share, but if the driver gave good service, we do. We only had one slightly ropey driver so didn't tip him, but I think all the others were good, so happy to give a dollar or two.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubble113 wrote: »

We tip Uber and Lyft. Uber with cash and Lyft through the app.

Have preferred Lyft over Uber this trip. Cheaper prices and slightly better and more pleasant drivers.

Wow! South Point to GN for $9 is amazing!
  • kroberts
    kroberts Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not that i'm complaining, but my MyVegas LP balance has suddenly increased by about 300k :eek:

has something happened to MyVegas in the last month or so?

Same seems to have happened for me. I played for the first time in a while and my OH asked how many coins I had. I told him but he said I could have because before I stopped I had a few thousand less and now I am 300k over

I have not posted in a while but keep on reading the posts :) We were hoping to go back to Vegas this summer but still not sure if it will be happening
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kroberts wrote: »
    Same seems to have happened for me. I played for the first time in a while and my OH asked how many coins I had. I told him but he said I could have because before I stopped I had a few thousand less and now I am 300k over

I have not posted in a while but keep on reading the posts :) We were hoping to go back to Vegas this summer but still not sure if it will be happening

I managed to book the Hippodrome VIP dinner today for 300k. Figured we might use it in the next 3 months, or I could just cancel and get a refund.

I'd loved to have used LPs in a 2 night stay somewhere, but think it'll be a couple of years at least before we head back...
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 15 May 2017 at 1:48PM
    Options
    I'm now within 90 days of the last night of my trip so I can start trying to snag the MyVegas rewards I want. :) I started this morning and so far from my list I have the $50 Rice & Co. reward (we used this last trip and really loved the restaurant), the dinner buffet at Mandalay Bay, and the $50 drinks credit at Times Square.

Hoping to get the 2 lunch buffets at Aria, and the Foundation Room tickets. We went up to the Foundation Room last trip and loved it but we had dinner reservations so couldn't spend much time there.

For my final MGM reward I'm waivering between the $25 at NFI, or the $100 credit at the Camelot Steakhouse. We ate at Camelot last time and it was nice but not amazing so maybe it would be good try try NFI this trip. We've done the Tender $75 reward twice now so not that fussed about it, although the restaurant is nice.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport