Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »

Funnily enough, Croatia, although it is in the EU, doesn't use the euro, whereas Montenegro, which isn't in the EU, uses the euro! I got confoosed! Luckily at the airport they did accept euros, because I was puzzled what kuna, the currency, was all about! :rotfl:

I actually know why this is. When Montenegro got their independence from Yugoslavia, they had to pick a currency and went with the strongest one at the time which was the deutsche mark. When Germany moved to the euro, Montenegro also had to. All the surrounding countries in that area will usually accept each other's currency anyway. A lot of Croatians cross the border to do their shopping in Montenegro because it's much cheaper than Croatia. Clearly the savings are enough to justify the horribly long border crossing.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    There's something so comforting about them tea and they go with everything. And usually they're so snuggly.
    I have a favourite cardi that has been disintegrating into holes for a few years, but I still keep wearing it! It's so easy to put on, goes over other tops easily, gives just the right amount of warmth, and is wacky, even before the holes!

skimper wrote: »
    Can I have a rant about my gym buddy please!

About 6 months ago we both signed up to the gym & both enjoy it. She would be there 7 days a week if she could! Where as I'm settled to about 3/4 days.

I like to go straight from work (pick her up on the way) do an hour then come home, but she keeps booking us in for classes & thinks oh we can do an hour in the gym & then do a class which amounts to 2+ hours in there. Personally I think its too much, I just want to get home & chill out rather than rushing to have tea, shower & straight to bed!

Yesterday she asked if we could go a bit later to the gym as she didn't have a baby sitter & had to wait for husband to get home (fine) Once she got in the car, she told me she couldnt go swimming but was going the gym & hubby would pick her up! So I waited around basically just to give her a lift to the gym!!

Today I told her I wasn't going as I just fancied a quiet night in with the other half, she started with making me feel guilty & telling me I am going the gym! (i'm still not going). Asking why I don't want to go, don't I like going any more etc. Bare in mind I've been 3 times this week already. Personally I just think she likes me driving here there & back so she doesn't have to walk.

Shes starting to drive me insane!
    Hello Skimper!
    I agree with WaS. She is using you for lifts. Lifts should always be on the terms of the 'Liftor' rather than the 'Liftee'. If you only want to do the gym and not a class, you must say that you're going home straight after the gym, and keep repeating that, without feeling you have to keep justifying it.
    If you don't want to spend two hours there, say that, and say you will be leaving after one hour, and keep repeating it, if she objects. You could, though, add that you are not stopping her from staying longer, but she would have to make her own way home.

If she's an adrenalin junkie, that's fine, but it shouldn't be at the expense of your free time. You are not an unpaid taxi service, after all!

WaS, nowt wrong with a pet sl..!

What's its name? Slobodan? (:D Can you tell I've just been to the Balkans?)

By the way, did your cuddly slugs and tree arrive?

We want pics!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Just come in from the garden finally! Really don't enjoy gardening, but enjoy the results :)

Finished the shed, put a security light up, finally got round to planting my heather and cyclamen plants.

Our back garden is still really warm and sunny, then I come back in and am cold!
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Have you seen this? Cat-friend v. dog-friend.

It's very funny!

No triggers WaS! (Although for anyone who doesn't like vomit, you might want to look away near the end, but don't worry, you get plenty of warning that it's coming! :D It's really not so bad, but I thought I'd mention it as some people might be phobic about such things, and it's not real vomit).

(I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis
    Options
    At last! Photobucket works!

View from my hotel room.

Yes, that is a massive cruise ship parked in the town centre! :rotfl:

899e3d7b3a192d57c12581ebb46c3a21_zpscsktmwtg.jpg

Boat trip on Bay of Kotor.........

0edfd4141182f859ce793cc738ee566d_zpsy4lm06ty.jpg

.........to the tiny island with the church.

e4b304f7d48efb588bd8485210f0eeb2_zps2qprbgff.jpg

Funny altar outside the little church.

537a5252a48f77f8b92a565f7cb52a2e_zpsrt8t3asz.jpg

Part of Kotor.

0744839bacc14b8f62f4e8826fc62a9c_zpsgcgzn3kw.jpg

Wild pomegranate tree.

76be40d7fdb4f062b54884b455c58e0e_zpsmdho60rz.jpg

Night view of a smaller ship, from the terrace where we were enjoying a squid supper! (Sorry, Code! :rotfl:)

aed42a097f24ba1c7a5d71b9bae401b6_zpsqqle5qvf.jpg

View of the Bay of Kotor from where I did the zip-wire.

8eb6078402d4df6fba85ace473a952a0_zpsblwpzmum.jpg

No wonder my legs ached! This is where I climbed from sea level up to the church with the tower. :eek:

image.jpg5_zpsuczkm9f0.jpg

An incredible ox-bow meander in the river we sailed up from Lake Skadar on Friday.

96845f237c5bddd93b90a9424b76cdfa_zpsbphxanzr.jpg
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Lovely pictures Pyxis :)
    Just come in from the garden finally! Really don't enjoy gardening, but enjoy the results :)
    I gave up at lunchtime :o . At the moment I'm trying to get the hedge cut back far enough that I will have space for a shed and space to get behind it to keep said hedge under control.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    060dbd29-8141-4ac9-bf00-fb3cc2aacc54_zpsf4zy7nfe.png

27a9f151-19f4-4a98-9e61-6524d82ecafc_zpswajeghgs.jpg
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    The neighbours will be thinking I'm shouting at D, because I just couldn't help shouting "oh f*ck off!!" at the absolutely ludicrous decision by Sharon Osbourne to take Honey G through to the live X-Factor shows....bigger joke than Louis Walsh yesterday! Ok rant over! :rotfl:

I'm not even really bothered about watching it this year, but D still likes it, so it's on.

Little by little Ono, you'll get there!

Lovely photos Pyxis :) Got any of the zipwire?
  • Pyxis
    Options

Lovely photos Pyxis :) Got any of the zipwire?
    Thank you!

Well, ye----s, I do have one, but it shows my face!

Wouldn't want to break your computer/tablet/smartphone! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This may be sacrilege but I think I'm giving up on Poldark. Getting bored with it now.
    I have a fun evening doing my expenses ahead. Oh joy.

Off topic, but has anyone read the book Neurotribes, about Aspergers/autism? I want to read it but my befuddled brain can't cope with anything stodgy so I need to know how readable it is.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback