PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »
    Cleared out the workshop today, just general rubbish that had been sitting around taking up precious work space. Stuff went in cupboards or on shelves rather than sitting around too. So other than the rubbish not much decluttering, just one small bookcase, saving the major stuff for another day and hubby to advise as most of it is his.

2111 - 2112 bags of rubbish to bin
    2113 -2118 - 5 large cardboard boxes to recycling
    2119 - 1 small bookcase sold on FB

2120 - 2135 various clothing items from DS1 to CS bag
    2136 - 2143 rubbish from DS1
    I’ve given up counting recycling
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    924. Unused face cream to charity
    925. Four recipe books to charity
    926. Packaging recycled.

927-928. Two new work shirts into charity as too big
    929-931. Three toiletries into charity bag
  • IrishRose12
    Options
    Evening everyone!

Not sure if this helps irishrose but years ago mum had a persistent abscess. One night she was so fed up she sat up and spent the night taking mouthfuls of hot water (as hot as she could bear) with TCP. She was holding it in her mouth then spitting it out. She just kept repeating it and after a while it burst. I think it was a last resort but it worked.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Parsniphead unfortunately the bite thing is on my side, my mouth is fine. As far as I got with washing my mouth was salt water....... and that was just not nice, I was nearly sick doing it, do not sure how I would cope with anything else:eek::o

As I'm still stuck doing nothing I did manage to list a few bits on ebay and Facebook sites today. They're some lovely Disney collectables, not looking silky prices, and things people are actually posting in search of posts for......... yet still no interest in my stuff:(:mad:
    Baffles me how people are quite happy to pay stupid prices for items, yet I post stuff at cost price or less and cant get them sold. I'd look over if they were damaged, used etc but they're all brand new and can't be bought now.

Anyhow, if they dont sell I'm happy enough to keep them. I'm really only selling them to help pay my credit card :o

Infected bite wise, stuff has started oozing from it today:T so it's being dressed and cleaned more frequently. Not oozing as much as I'd like, but bar ne making a bigger hole in it for stuff to come out, its just gonna have to syag as it is for now lol. As long as it keeps coming out I'm happy.
    So MrsSD your 5 day timeline was bang on :T:rotfl::beer:

Back to work tomorrow again as I didnt win the lotto this week again :( so night night guys xx
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    33/52 - Oktoberfest costume to charity shop. This has been on my list for ages so very pleased with this one.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Monday is a dull, overcast day but reasonably warm - no rain yet but I imagine it will start as soon as I go shopping. :rotfl: DSis is in the bath & DH & I are both having a coffee before getting to work :p DH will be tidying the garage & I have my shopping trip.

3306 - 3309 Two plastic bottles, drinks can, cardboard inner tube - Recycled
    3310 - 3313 Two ruined pillows, polystyrene packaging, empty compost bag - Binned
    3314 - 3317 Mattress protector (DSis donation), 2 old golf umbrellas, working digital scales - CS bag

Well Done: TamsinC :T; Barny1979 - just a hop, skip & jump to 1,000 :T; - how long was it on your list :rotfl:

Hiya IrishRose12 :hello: People are odd coves ;) maybe you should put them on at higher prices & when the enquiries come perhaps negotiate down to what you are happy with :rotfl:. Glad the bite has started oozing ;) it is a pain though having to wait 5 days for the antibiotics to kick in :( I assume you only have a 7 day course - so hope that everything oozes out by then :) Did you ever work out what bit or stung you?

Good luck with your decluttering everyone ;)

MrsSD
    3317/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Barny1979
    Options
    927-928. Two new work shirts into charity as too big
    929-931. Three toiletries into charity bag

932. Bubble wrap to charity
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »
    2120 - 2135 various clothing items from DS1 to CS bag
    2136 - 2143 rubbish from DS1
    I’ve given up counting recycling
    2144 found another spring loaded curtain pole to CS bag
    2145 - 2147 - 3 old clothes from child 2 I found and they don’t want
    2148 - 2150 - 3 empty tech boxes to be sent to said child for their tech. Not storing them in my house any more.
    2151 - broken dog lead to bin
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    471 - two things posted.

476 - 5 things posted.
  • Barny1979
    Options
    932. Bubble wrap to charity

933. Cardboard box into recycling
    934. Plastic box disposed of
    935-944. Ten old newspapers recycled
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

It became quite wintry - drizzled before I went shopping, but the walk past the dock was dry :T Did my shopping & came out to heavy drizzle - but at least I was getting the bus home :rotfl:
    DH did tidy the garage & filled the bird feeders.
    Dinner was penne with bolognese sauce - it came out really well :drool: - as opposed to the last time when the bolognese sauce had no depth of flavour :(. Plenty of sauce left over so I will make a pasta bake tomorrow.

3318 - 3327 Newspaper, 3 drinks cans, cardboard box, plastic pot & lid, glass bottle & metal cap, 2 plastic trays, glass spice jar - Recycled
    3328 Bag of kitchen detritus - Binned

Well Done: Barny1979 - nearly to 950 :T; TamsinC; choille :T:T

Good luck with your decluttering everyone ;)

MrsSD
    3328/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure