Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• FrankieFace
    Options
    Hi RGW,

Could you please send me a template of the letter used for this as I have been conned out of around £400? Also the copy of the court papers if possible?

Thanks so much
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi RGW,

Could you please send me a template of the letter used for this as I have been conned out of around £400? Also the copy of the court papers if possible?

Thanks so much

No problem, have sent them to you. Good luck!

RGW
  • MikeRose
    Options
    Hi RGW, I can you email me the template letter and a copy of the court papers please. I have sent you a private message with my email address. Many thanks

PS you are a hero!!
  • DJ99
    Options
    Thanks to this forum and the advice and documents from RGW, we received a cheque in the post today for £190! Will keep a closer eye on our mobile bills in the future and have blocked premium rate charges.
  • RGW
    Options
    At the time that I was having problems, I posted a message on the Vodafone forums on the Vodafone website. I have tried to post messages there in reply to other users to say that I know how to get full refunds from these companies that are ripping mobile clients off with these subscription scams. Every time I post on the Vodafone forums, my messages are deleted. I think this shows how complicit the mobile companies are. Because they share income with the scamming subscription company they are complicit and not in a hurry to shut it down.

Anyone who needs the letters that I used and the court papers that I filed, please send me a PM and I will email them to you.

These letters and court papers have helped many people on this forum recover full refunds including interest and court filing costs.

I am not a lawyer and not looking for anything. I am just trying to help other people who were ripped off the same as I was.

RGW
  • danreegs
    Options
    Hi RGW

Could you forward me the relevant documentation too please.

Thanks in advance
  • payforitsucks
    Options
    Well done RGW:T. You're doing a great job in helping people get their money back from these scammers. The regulator is proposing changes to the regulation of these services, which should make it much harder to auto-subscribe consumers to dubious "services". Also worth reminding people that these subscriptions are subject to the 120 Day rule. The way this is applied varies between networks, but basically, if you haven't used the "service" for 120 days the subscription becomes invalid. Can't post a link but Google "payforit 120 day rule". See pages 35-36.
  • RGW
    Options
    I've been ripped off again on one of our numbers - this time by an outfit called Gamersville / StripeyGiraffe. £3 per week plus VAT since November. These damn scammers are so prolific. It is terrible.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    RGW wrote: »
    I've been ripped off again on one of our numbers - this time by an outfit called Gamersville / StripeyGiraffe. £3 per week plus VAT since November. These damn scammers are so prolific. It is terrible.

Maybe they know it'll be a few months before you notice, given that you have experienced it before.
  • RGW
    Options
    It is a different company but I think that is certainly the business model of all of these scam subscription providers. I don't even receive a monthly bill from Vodafone and their online system to look at statements is so poor that it was months before I realised these charges were being taken. I have now put a block on all numbers on the Vodafone account to avoid issues going forward. But the law is a joke to allow these things to happen. Imagine the amount of money these rip off companies are making!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback