Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• bollaman83
    Options
    Hi RGW,

I am in the same situation and have been scammed by bounce.mobi for £196 and was after advice on how you obtained a full refund. could you please send me a template of letters used. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bollaman83 wrote: »
    Hi RGW,

I am in the same situation and have been scammed by bounce.mobi for £196 and was after advice on how you obtained a full refund. could you please send me a template of letters used. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

I've sent you a private message.

Anyone else needing help with this please PM me.

RGW
  • ssearson89
    Options
    Hi RGW

Could you please send me the template letter too?

I've already emailed the company on behalf of my dad. Apparently he's been paying £3 a week every week since May 2017. He's 73, so not much of a techno and had no idea what he was signing up for.

It's so frustrating how easy it is for someone to sign up for something without actually realising what they've done.
  • lixi986
    lixi986 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 13 December 2018 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Please can you help me with how you won this, I have been conned since march 2017!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Dr Who I presume??
  • RGW
    Options
    Anyone needing help with this please PM me.

I can send the letters I successfully used as well as a copy of the court papers.

RGW
  • niallmacmillan
    Options
    Just checked my wifes account and seen these charges since August 2017!

Would be a great help to get a copy of the letter you sent.

Thanks

Niall
  • steven7777
    Options
    hi only found out today that the same company have been charging me since April 2017 im not happy EE are a joke of a company to let bounce games get away with this. i will not be renewing my contract with them. if you could help me out as well i would appreciate it thank you.
  • ssearson89
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'd just like to thank RGW for all of his help.

I contacted the company on behalf of my elderly dad on 22nd August 2018. He'd been billed £3 every week since May 2017.

Initially the company offered a 'free 8 week subscription' when I requested a refund. When I declined and asked for a full refund again, they stated that they would offer a final and best offer of a 26 week refund. I again declined this, and thanks to RGW contested it and persisted with the fact that screenshots do not constitute permission and that my father had never seen them. And also made comment to the fact that the text messages he received looked like spam/junk as the wording was spelt incorrectly e.g. using 'u r' instead of 'you are'.

After what seems like quite a few emails over 3 weeks, they have now offered to pay a full refund of £195.

So keep persisting!! And good luck :)
  • RGW
    Options
    Well done!

Persistence does pay in the end!

I'm pleased it worked out eventually.

RGW

ssearson89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'd just like to thank RGW for all of his help.

I contacted the company on behalf of my elderly dad on 22nd August 2018. He'd been billed £3 every week since May 2017.

Initially the company offered a 'free 8 week subscription' when I requested a refund. When I declined and asked for a full refund again, they stated that they would offer a final and best offer of a 26 week refund. I again declined this, and thanks to RGW contested it and persisted with the fact that screenshots do not constitute permission and that my father had never seen them. And also made comment to the fact that the text messages he received looked like spam/junk as the wording was spelt incorrectly e.g. using 'u r' instead of 'you are'.

After what seems like quite a few emails over 3 weeks, they have now offered to pay a full refund of £195.

So keep persisting!! And good luck :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure