Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have the same issue with our Vodafone account. I spoke to PM Connect who offered 4 weeks refund. They started taking £2.50 a week in Feb 2017 and we only discovered it in May 2018.

I wrote to them asking for proof that we accepted a subscription but they didn't reply.

I gave them 7 days notice before action.

Today I filed small claims court papers online to recover the £167.50 they took from our Vodafone account without our authority.
  • RGW
    Options
    RGW wrote: »
    I have the same issue with our Vodafone account. I spoke to PM Connect who offered 4 weeks refund. They started taking £2.50 a week in Feb 2017 and we only discovered it in May 2018.

I wrote to them asking for proof that we accepted a subscription but they didn't reply.

I gave them 7 days notice before action.

Today I filed small claims court papers online to recover the £167.50 they took from our Vodafone account without our authority.

Well, it worked!!

I got a cheque today for £167.50 plus the £25 court fee.

As I said, I wrote once and asked for proof we accepted a subscription. No reply. Then I wrote a "letter before action" asking for the same proof we accepted a subscription and giving them 7 days to reply before court action. When they didn't reply I went onto the Government Money Claims website and filed a small claims case against the company. They sent a cheque today for £192.50!

Anyone who wants to see the claim to see what I wrote or needs any advice, please PM me. I'm not a lawyer but just someone who hates to be ripped off by scumbags such as these and won't let something like this rest.

I would encourage anyone who has had charges on their mobile account without authority to do the same.

A victory today for the little guys!:beer:
  • RGW
    Options
    The other reprehensible side to this is that the networks share the revenue with these rip-off companies....
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RGW wrote: »
    Well, it worked!!

Well done...but make sure the cheque clears before you notify the court
  • RGW
    Options
    Absolutely, will be waiting until it is cleared!
  • Jcb10
    Jcb10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    :question:Hi RGW - excellent example:j. I want to follow your route and take them to the smalls claims court. I've apparently signed up Sept 2016 :o:( :eek: , and I do not want them to get away with it.:mad::mad: I will highly appreciate if you could share how you have done it. What is the reason you used for the claim? I am creating the letter of intent, at this stage. tia jcb
  • RGW
    Options
    Sure, I sent you a PM with my contact details.
  • evansakes
    evansakes Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 August 2018 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Thanks RGW...I've recently become aware I've also fallen victim to the Bounce Games 'scam' and my charges go back a similar length of time to yours. I'm also struggling to get satisfactory responses from my mobile supplier (EE) and would appreciate any advice you can give me going forward.
    regards
    evansakes
  • SaveMeDo
    SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, it worked!!

As I said, I wrote once and asked for proof we accepted a subscription. No reply. Then I wrote a "letter before action" asking for the same proof we accepted a subscription and giving them 7 days to reply before court action. When they didn't reply I went onto the Government Money Claims website and filed a small claims case against the company. They sent a cheque today for £192.50!

Anyone who wants to see the claim to see what I wrote or needs any advice, please PM me. I'm not a lawyer but just someone who hates to be ripped off by scumbags such as these and won't let something like this rest.

I would encourage anyone who has had charges on their mobile account without authority to do the same.

A victory today for the little guys

Wow!

How many people would go through all that stress to get their money back, not many I would guess.

Well done for having the patience and determination to do it!
  • RGW
    Options
    SaveMeDo wrote: »
    Wow!

How many people would go through all that stress to get their money back, not many I would guess.

Well done for having the patience and determination to do it!

It is a matter of principle. I don't like being ripped off and will do what I can to deal with it when I am ripped off. Quite a lot of people have asked for the letters I used and court papers to go after these rip off merchants as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback