Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009 part 2

Options

Comments

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September
    Just dug a bit further and you can get the Encore for $135 for Sat & Sun. Now I am really tempted to book. It's the same price as mid-week.
  • luci
    Options
    September
    Okay, I have gone ahead and booked the Encore for our first 2 nights, which are Friday and Saturday, at $135/night.

Many thanks for the heads up.

Tempted by Wynn at $109, but I'm not keen on staying in that area for any length of time. It's a bit too far north for me.
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    Okay, I have gone ahead and booked the Encore for our first 2 nights, which are Friday and Saturday, at $135/night.

Many thanks for the heads up.

Tempted by Wynn at $109, but I'm not keen on staying in that area for any length of time. It's a bit too far north for me.

I've just booked the Wynn for a week next May. Will still keep my eye on the ball but at least we've got something 'in the bank'.

Glad it helped you out.

HELP: Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonable price hotel in San Diego ??
  • davidmcg2u
    davidmcg2u Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 July 2009 at 10:15PM
    Options
    September
    Hi guys!!

This is my stupid question of the day - what is a free stopover?

Claire mentioned it here the other day. My reason for asking is I want to book my flights for NY/Vegas tonight & on Continentals site it mentions free stopover in NY.

Our plans are:

Edinburgh - NY 15/9 - 3nts at The New Yorker
    NY - Vegas 18/9 - 4 nts at The Palazzo
    Vegas - Edinburgh via NY 22/9

If I don't book this tonight I don;t think I ever will as I have spent so long looking over it.

Thanks
  • luci
    Options
    September
    Sorry I don't recall mentioning a free stopover, but it might have been ferf.

I think a free stopover is a free internal flight, but don't quote me on that.
  • luci
    Options
    September
    tingtong wrote: »
    I've just booked the Wynn for a week next May. Will still keep my eye on the ball but at least we've got something 'in the bank'.

Glad it helped you out.

I am sorely tempted to book the Wynn, but I just know that the location wouldn't suit us even if the price did.

It seems from that site that the Encore is priced at $135 for all days including weekends so I think that may be an error. The Wynn is $109 week days and $177 Sat & Sun.
  • davidmcg2u
    davidmcg2u Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    September
    Sorry I don't recall mentioning a free stopover, but it might have been ferf.

I think a free stopover is a free internal flight, but don't quote me on that.

Sorry it was Claire - just tracked my posts & edited the above.

My head is bursting with this - should I book or not - Vegas for 7 or NY & Vegas - ahhh!!! :rotfl:
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    I am sorely tempted to book the Wynn, but I just know that the location wouldn't suit us even if the price did.

It seems from that site that the Encore is priced at $135 for all days including weekends so I think that may be an error. The Wynn is $109 week days and $177 Sat & Sun.

I have Wynn booked for next Easter, Good Friday through to following Wednesday at $109 per night, and its also $109 for the Fri/Sat night
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2009 at 10:21PM
    Options
    davidmcg2u wrote: »
    Hi guys!!

This is my stupid question of the day - what is a free stopover?

Claire mentioned it here the other day. My reason for asking is I want to book my flights for NY/Vegas tonight & on Continentals site it mentions free stopover in NY.

Our plans are:

Edinburgh - NY 15/9 - 3nts at The New Yorker
    NY - Vegas 18/9 - 4 nts at The Palazzo
    Vegas - Edinburgh via NY 22/9

If I don't book this tonight I don;t think I ever will as I have spent so long looking over it.

Thanks

Free stopover, as I understand it means you can stay at your point of entry (e.g. NYC) for a period of time, then fly to your final destination at a later date. You are effectively only paying for the flight from Edinburgh to Vegas, but you can use the connection in NYC to your advantage and have a few days there, without paying extra. Hope that makes sense, it's harder to explain when you come to type it out !
  • luci
    Options
    September
    I have Wynn booked for next Easter, Good Friday through to following Wednesday at £109 per night, and its also $109 for the Fri/Sat night

Who did you book with or do you have a promo code? I just tried the Encore site for May next year, but it says to contact the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure