Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Good idea, elsien. My credit score doesn't matter at all for anything other than renting, letting agents do check the numbers. I haven't had any debt for 3 years and paid my card off in full, without fail every month so hopefully that means something.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Baby Oleg toy with his cuddly glow worm. It was totally worth getting a credit card.

Oleg-1.jpg
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hang on! Wouldn't a Meercat eat a glowworm?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Following all the bake off discussions, I decided to make use of my blackberries.

Cake penguin.
    I find a recipe for blackberry lunch bars which I can freeze for my packed lunches. I start to create - no food mixer so lots of rubbing in by hand. Recipe mentions 1 large egg, so I try to add one and a bit medium eggs. Hand slips, all the egg goes in, the mixture now resembles dough instead of the crumbs it is intended to be. Rather than sprinkling this into the pan, I therefore have to pummel it in. It is at this point I remember that the main oven is broken, so I use the top oven and adjust the temperature accordingly. The recipe states 45 mins. An hour and a half later the top is done but I still have a soggy bottom. I turn my creation over, put it back in and go back to watching Strictly. Some time later, alerted by the smell of burning, I shoot back into the kitchen and retrieve a slightly singed looking object that bears no relation whatsoever to the picture on the website.
    Once the blackened bits are removed it actually tastes ok, but it looks like nothing on earth. I'm never going to be a contender for bake off.

Next time I think I'll stick to the blackberry vodka.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 September 2016 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Hahaha! I am pretty certain they do eat glow worms, that one is supposed to be Oleg's bedtime toy. The box he came in is fashioned into a cradle. Sadly, I don't have other reasons to use the site for insurance or cards, you get a free Meerkat everytime you do and there are lots to choose from!

I just burst into fits of giggles, elsien. I am sure Gitdog might be interested!

• Wellyboots6
    Options
    I caught a Pinsir today, horrible looking thing.

My credit score is horrendous but I'm now debt free. It's too bad to get another credit card though so not much I can really do to improve my score i don't think.

Little Sod has been eating baby wipes. They are coming out whole. Not sure this is good but also not sure I want to have to explain to the vet yet again that he's eaten something he shouldn't. The £10 note was pretty bad, the asda carrier bag even worse, and the coconut door mat was the most horrific thing i have ever seen second time round.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    It's amazing what things can evade the destructive powers of the mammalian intestinal system!

Could I just add that this demonstrates why one should not put wipes down the loo..........they will not disintegrate!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis
    edited 4 September 2016 at 8:20AM
    Options
    It's POLDARK DAY!

13 hours and counting............

(Sorry, WaS, not sure if you can watch it. There may be odd sad or violent bits. :(

But you could always look at some still photographs! :) .....................

..............there are some rather lovely photos here..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3474963/Poldark-s-Aidan-Turner-appears-handcuffed-films-countryside-scenes-Eleanor-Tomlinson.html
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Poldark. Poldark.POLDARK!!!!!
  • Pyxis
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Poldark. Poldark.POLDARK!!!!!

Sedative for Tea coming up! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure