MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Krustylouise - I'm pretty sure I added you on the 20th Feb as I posted in the FB group at the same with the names of the ladies I'd invited. All of the others have joined and I can't send you another invite as it says you've already been invited when I try. I've even asked one of the other admins to try adding you but they got the same message. Have you checked on FB for notifications?

Hi Tilly,

Yes I've checked all my notifications and emails (and junk emails) and groups, requests etc, there is literally nothing at all :(

I'm pretty good with technology and fb so this has confused me as I seem to be the only one struggling with a group request! x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, been a bit,quiet here coz nothing going on except busy with work :) 34 weeks now and at midwife yesterday they found very high levels of sugar so I have to go,back next week to be tested again and if it's still there I'm off for another gtt :( also, I spent all day yesterday washing baby stuff and oh came home from work and smoked in the kitchen where it was all drying (and almost dry!) so that's 3 hours of washing and a full days drying gone to waste and he doesn't understand why I'm so upset!mwe don't have a tumble dryer only electric heaters so it's cost a fortune aswell! Maybe I just shouldn't bother doing anything. Sorry for the sad post ladies think I've had a fresh batch of hormones xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    How frustrating Trixsie! I really don't think men realise how important these things are to us at the moment!

Have you discussed what you'll do re smoking in the house once the baby is born?
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    janed9388 wrote: »
    morning early birds ! I was awake too but refusing to get out of bed as it was too cold. I have to go back today for another (3rd) GTT test so nothing but water for me until lunchtime :( I had a checkup yesterday at the hospital and the midwife decided I was measuring a little big so sent me for a scan where they decided I had too much amniotic fluid. This could be a sign of Gestational diabetes hence the test this morning or it could be nothing or it could be a sign of something else not so good (must stay off google). This time I'm actually hoping for diabetes as at least I'll know where I am then and what to do.

I hope everyone else who is going for checks today is OK, fingers crossed all round.

Any news Jane?
  • Always_Alone
    Options
    Jedi, I feel your pain!! This baby is much more active than the last and I think running round after a toddler probably doesn't help! I think baby may also have engaged as it often feels like I gave a bowling ball between my legs!

Oh Trixie, boo to hubby being so daft. Hopefully he is actually aware of the dangers of cigarette smoke and was just have a dense moment. I was also going to ask what Princess K did about smoking when baby arrives? Bug hugs

Hi Weesmiler, hope you've been keeping well so far.

I'm 36+4 today which is much further than we were told we were going to get! Altho I am now ready for baby to move out! I'm feeling fat, uncomfortable and tired! Sick of peeing 5 times a night and not being able to roll over in bed! Think I may also have a touch of spd. I never had any of this last time round as I didn't get past 35 weeks. Sorry for the moan, I am very grateful that baby is staying put for longer and fattening up so there are fewer, if any, complications after but im ready to meet him now, esp as I'd mentally prepared to have a prem baby and all that comes with it.. I'm no good at this waiting lark!!
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon!

Feeling absolutely worn out, and a little bit lazy too today. Was supposed to visit my CPN today, but had to cancel, I'm so exhausted!

My bestie is coming tomorrow, so really should clean the kitchen, but can't seem to get off the sofa! We're off to my moms for tea, which is great, cos I don't have to cook!! May make some biscuits in a while for tomorrow.

Whoever said baby kicks in the 'wrong' places? Big fat yes over here!!! A few times I've fair jumped off my seat, and people have come at me with hands, wanti to feel the baby kicking, and I've had to explain that they can't feel 'there'!!

missy what's the latest on the baby shower?
    auntie P how are. You doing?

Aww, trixsie hopefully he was just having a dense moment? My OH has to help me get out of the bath (glamorous!!) and has twice forgotten and put his headphones in. Sometimes I just don't think things occur to them, bless them! :rotfl:

Can't believe I'm top of that list now-scary!!

Hi to the new folk and hugs to all. Xxx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Any news Jane?

Oops - yes sorry ! No gestational diabetes (again) so something else causing the extra fluid but not sure what, review at midwife in 2 weeks then scan 2 weeks later to do "proper" measurements. I'm just trying to stay calm in the mean time (no google allowed) and hope that it's just "one of those things" & it will rectify itself rather than the scarier options.

In the mean time I also have to fit in an appointment with the VBAC advisor, 2 weekly blood pressure checks and try to do some of that work thingy as well as keeping up with everyone on here !

Sorry to hear lots of people feeling uncomfortable, me too ! to much wriggling and kicking going on, and way to much chasing the toddler round. Lots of fun though getting DD1 to put her hands or face to my belly and make the baby "kick" she thinks it's the best thing ever :rotfl:

Hope everyone is feeling a bit brighter today :D
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was in quite a bit of pain today at work, in the buttocks and above the pelvic region, called midwife helpline who said it was nothing to worry about. Have spoken with a few Internet friends and I may have spd. It seems to get worse through the day, I have a desk job which doesn't help. Sitting on sofa at the moment and it's not too bad but worried about how it will be tomorrow at work.

I have started to use a pillow between my legs last night as the pain in the buttocks was keeping me up, this helped.

I use a pillow between my legs and under my bump to lift it up a bit. Helps tons with hip pain! :)

Buttock pain still kills though.
  • kmmr
    kmmr Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    (This is time2deal. Have forgotten my password for that account!)

Tilly, krusty - I had that problem with the other group. Only solution now is you to become friends and then add you as a friend.

Or possibly briefly change the group to closed, click the request to join button, then once approved change it back to secret.
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    I use a pillow between my legs and under my bump to lift it up a bit. Helps tons with hip pain!

If a pillow is too big then I use the edges of the duvet rolled up - this did result in my OH getting his own duvet though as I was using so much to prop bits of me up he kept having non left !

It also helped last pregnancy too and then with night time feeds where I wanted to feed in bed and keep the duvet up around me as it disturbed him less. Might not be so much of an issue with a spring baby though than it was in November when it was cold having bits outside of the covers !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure