Grab a discount by abandoning your basket?

Options

Comments

• ab0708
    ab0708 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have abandoned a basket on buy a gift and then received an email offering 20% off :j
  • suzanne
    suzanne Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fragrancex have offered free shipping and 10% off :-)
  • popsicat
    popsicat Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Never got a discount but I now abandon Amazon baskets where they can't go to a drop off point and last night walked away from a Tesco basket because near the end I was informed it wasn't click & collect

I'm no longer prepared to sit in for deliveries and would rather pay a little more and collect in person
    If you can't take responsibility for it, you'll always be a victim.

Richard Bach

• Compylew
    Compylew Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I abandoned an order with The Pet Warehouse last week and got offered free express next day delivery worth £4.95. (thepetwarehouse.co.uk)
    :jCertified Comping Addict :j

2013/2014 wins - £2,495.12
    2014/2015 wins - £2,579.13
  • Munchbunch
    Munchbunch Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I went to book parking at Manchester airport last night using your links to get a discount. Sky Parks were slightly cheaper than Holiday Extras but when I went to book they charged an admin fee which made HE cheaper so booked with them instead. When I looked at my email inbox Sky Parks had sent me a 5% discount code last night to complete the booking, this morning they sent me a 10% one. Unfortunately I've already booked it with HE!!
  • barbiegoth
    barbiegoth Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I visited the Book Depository website, which I haven't done in a while and then a couple of days later I got a 10% discount code.
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    About 2 years ago, I managed to get a 15% discount email on a Stenaline ferry to The Netherlands after abandoning the purchase.
  • BigDave63
    Options
    Booking airport parking through the Gatwick Airport site, if you start to abandon the booking by going back you will quite often be prompted by a 'don't go' message offering you an immediate 10% discount if you book there and then. Only seems to work for Gatwick's own on-airport parks. There are better deals out there at off-site locations though.
  • re5al
    Options
    Virgin wines. Without fail, I add a load of wines to by basket and leave without buying. A week later, I get a mail for £10 off 12 bottles.
  • Edwood_Woodwood
    Options
    Eurocarparts do this, usually an extra 5% off parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure