Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• DMC1001
    Options
    Matt from TOPCASHBACK, I emailed you as requested, I've not heard back from you please can you confirm you've received the email, it as sent without issues from my end.

ALSO, I've been LOCKED OUT of my TOPCASHBACK account. So I cannot get on to see these claims that are missing and declined anymore or make contact with yourselves. That's a great way to deal with customers complaints, lock them out so they cannot view a support ticket or make further contact. I'm sure this wasn't you, but someone has locked me out, never happened before, strange it should happen now, as I'm trying to sort out these three issues.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Matt any update to the email I sent on 7th Nov 18 regarding a confirmed claim
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@DMC1001 - all emails in our inbox have been replied. I am afraid we must not have had an email from you if you have not had a response I am afraid.

@Justice13075 - I believe I have managed to look into this and reply back to you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DMC1001
    Options
    I've had a response from you around an hour ago thanks, I've asked you some other questions though as you've not answered my questions totally I'm afraid, including please can you clarify the details of why the cash back won't pay out, also if TOPCASHBACK were not the last handling cookie, who was the last handing cookie? I know TOPCASHBACK were, as I purchased correctly with a clean machine. For a company to simply say TOPCASHBACK were not identified as the last handler isn't good enough for me I'm afraid. Anyone could say that, seems it's an excuse often given out, a stock reply that is used for rejections. Surely the purchaser should be given the information regarding the supposed last, shall we say, cookie handler. Also I'm still locked out of my TOPCASHBACK account, I cannot get in at all, just gives me the moving dots to say the site is trying to load. So I cannot check any info that I need to access on the site.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@DMC1001 - We will reply back to you asap. I am afraid however, we're not told who the cookie or source that was paid as that would be providing info to us about a competitor.

I will look into your concerns and reply back as much as I can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    @TopCashBack Company Representative

[STRIKE]Is the Top Week £3 Cashback bonus 2nd-4th November supposed to have been added to all the accounts by now?

My eBay purchase tracked but not the bonus. I know eBay transactions take longer to track but the bonus does usually get added a few days after the tracked transaction showing. But not this time.

Do I need to make contact, or are just the bonuses taking longer to show?

Thanks[/STRIKE]

Bonus now been added.
  • skintus_mcgintus
    Options
    Mine still is not showing either. I think it was for £2.50.

I lodged a claim but the website only lets you do that against the retailer and not TCB itself ...

JAG wrote: »
    @TopCashBack Company Representative

Is the Top Week £3 Cashback bonus 2nd-4th November supposed to have been added to all the accounts by now?

My eBay purchase tracked but not the bonus. I know eBay transactions take longer to track but the bonus does usually get added a few days after the tracked transaction showing. But not this time.

Do I need to make contact, or are just the bonuses taking longer to show?

Thanks
  • akira181
    Options
    I have a question regarding the plus membership that maybe the topcashback rep or a MSE forum user can answer. I've opened an enquiry ticket but it's not being explained well and the maths doesn't add up. Basically I am a plus member (forgot to cancel after the free trial) and I want to know how the bonus 5% works since it's the only reason I'm interested in plus membership.

For example, I spent £65.12 at National Tyres for a new tyre at 3.15% cashback. It's 3.15% with and without the plus membership as far as I can tell (checked without logging in and it's the same).

3.15% of £65.12 works out to £2.05 cashback, even though the customer services rep keeps insisting it's £2.04. I then get told that the top up £0.09 I see on the dashboard for this transaction is the 5% bonus. 5% of £2.04 is £0.10, again a mystery penny unaccounted for.

Now I'm not splitting hairs over a penny here and there, so I asked where the bonus top up £0.09 is added since the dashboard only shows £2.04, which is supposed to be the 3.15% cashback. The response was "It does look like the £2.04 is the correct amount for this transaction. With the top up of the £0.09 added to the £1.95 this brings the total up to £2.04."

Now where is £1.95 coming from? Is the cashback percentage actually 3.15% or are these numbers just being plucked out of thin air? £1.95 gives a cashback percentage of 2.99%, which is not what's advertised.

I'm beginning to think plus membership is a complete con, especially since the vast majority of my transactions don't have any bonus top up.
  • DMC1001
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@ DMC1001 – Cheers, we’ll check it out and reply asap.

@ Justice13075 – Happy to double check on the purchase and the claim if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks for email. It hasn't addressed the issue, so sadly there's no resolution at this point. I've emailed you back as you didn't address the question I had about being locked out of my topcashback account in my previous email to you. I'm still looked out, so I cannot see any messages, claims or any part of my account. Not to mention contact customer services, why am I locked out? How do I get back into my account, I enter my details the site just locks showing the little loading dots, but no matter how many times I try or how long a wait, I cannot log in. Note my machine is clean, cookies, cache etc. :silenced::silenced:
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you stopped doing Avios as a pay out method?
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback