MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Options

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Well -another week passes - my new supplier has supplied the first statement for my leccy account - but my Octopus account appears frozen in time, some 27 days after I changed supplier.

No reply to my email from ~10 days ago either. Going on holiday shortly -whats the betting that I come back to messages from a debt collector?

Still not changes on my account either, they have till Friday to sort my bill then I'm emailing them again, and if no repose regarding when bill will be raised, I'll possibly submit a complaint, for a company with supposed great customer service they aren't doing very well.
  • beardiedog
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Still not changes on my account either, they have till Friday to sort my bill then I'm emailing them again, and if no repose regarding when bill will be raised, I'll possibly submit a complaint, for a company with supposed great customer service they aren't doing very well.

And the same here.

Still no final reading showing for gas and I'm into the fifth week now since switching.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm also in the queue, changed to OTM on 12th Sept and nothing from Octopus. They have my £160+ credi balance I'm waiting patiently for. My switch on gas from Bristol Energy was much more efficient, my credit balance has come back from them.
    Wonder if Octopus are struggling with a mass exodus...
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Same here...switched away from them on 12th September
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Well -another week passes - my new supplier has supplied the first statement for my leccy account - but my Octopus account appears frozen in time, some 27 days after I changed supplier.

No reply to my email from ~10 days ago either. Going on holiday shortly -whats the betting that I come back to messages from a debt collector?

Well that depends how long you are going on holiday for.

Most suppliers send a bill, and typically allow about 14 days to pay. If it's not paid they send a reminder.
    It takes a long time, and multiple duplicated demands ignored before debt collectors are instructed.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    martyp wrote: »
    I'm also in the queue, changed to OTM on 12th Sept and nothing from Octopus. They have my £160+ credi balance I'm waiting patiently for. My switch on gas from Bristol Energy was much more efficient, my credit balance has come back from them.
    Wonder if Octopus are struggling with a mass exodus...

If you've now applied to switch suppliers, you won't see any credit repaid until the switch occurs and the supplier has issued you with a final bill, sorry.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    Same here...switched away from them on 12th September

As above.

The supplier has 6 weeks from the actual switching date to provide you with a final bill.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    As above.

The supplier has 6 weeks from the actual switching date to provide you with a final bill.

But since the switch from Iresa I've had no bills or updates from them and that was back in July......the only thing they've acknowledged is the meter reading i gave when switching to Eversmart
  • Rosabear
    Rosabear Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also waiting for a bill. Switched on 13th.
    Bit rich to send us emails telling us what a mess Iresa was and then remain totally silent themselves!
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    But since the switch from Iresa I've had no bills or updates from them and that was back in July......the only thing they've acknowledged is the meter reading i gave when switching to Eversmart

I refer you to the lead article.
    Iresa ceased trading in week 3 of July ;)

Octopus Energy who took over your supply from the beginning of August have 6 weeks from the actual switching date (12 Sept) to provide you with a final bill, as I already stated.

Patience. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport