NST February Challenge : A Winter Voyage

Options

Comments

• Lauralozzle
    Options
    Ahoy!

Today has been a NSD! I made a pasta-bake last night for lunches so took a portion with me. I've got two portions left so that should keep my going for the first half of this week.

Tonight I'm making a chicken and leek pie with leftover roast chicken from yesterday's dinner.

I am planning on sorting out the mountain of laundry on the dining table after dinner and cleaning through the kitchen. I really want to keep on top of it this month and will use Flylady thread on Oldstyle board for inspiration I think. :)

Today I'm grateful for
    1) A good-ish day at work
    2) Leftovers making dinner easy to prepare
    3) A warm home
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi shipmates!

Had a fairly productive day. Spent hours scouring the internet for jobs DH can apply for and sending speculative CVs to local companies.

Spend £22 on business items but I am not counting a spend day, as I will be paid back and more by the end of the week.

So, NSD 3 today.

Take away tonight of chicken tikka masala, veggie jalfrezi, nan bread, popadoms etc...apart from it wasn't a takeaway at all, it was all homemade, and it was delicious!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ilovetea - I think having to travel to hospital counts as a medical need and it is therefore an NSD.

Ccl - hope you survived being shut in all day and that ds recovers. Does he need to stay off tomorrow too?

Today I am grateful for my warm coat, for my lovely pupils, for savoury flapjack, for dd looking oh so cute in her H0gwarts jamas, for dh finishing some paperwork for me to take with me this weekend.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »

Stopped off at Lidlee today half price face cream 79p so stocked up no dry skin for my shipmates. Did a shop whilst there, needed butter and like Bob have to have Lurpak.

Only just seen this, horray we are butter buddies! High five us! :D
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Arrr Shipmates!!

Today was a planned spend day, £2 on parking instead of £3 by parking 2 meters further up the road (?????). I had a voucher for H&B they sent me, for no clearly apparent reason, so bought a big bag of soya chunks and 3 bars of licorice and a pot of soya cream for ..... 42p. Banked some promise notes for the powder monkeys from Christmas (main reason for going into the city centre) and failed to buy a cup of coffee or slice of cake, and I couldn't find any alligator pears so kept my hands in my pockets and came home and made a coffee and ate the cake I made last night.
    I had promised the smallest cabin boy an alarm clock so went to Mr T's and there was a row of about 10 labels for different clocks, and only 2 left, all the others had sold out. So was about to leave the store, when I thought I would look for dolphins - left with two big pots of dolphin hummus for £1.04 avoided sirens and krakens and long legged beasties with tentacles and suckers and slime.

Went out to Mr M's as it is a spend day, dolphin bread x 6 and non-dolphin tea, and sandwich fillers for the rest of the week. Less than £10. So total spend today of under £15.

Re-jigged the whiteboard food list. Still plenty to do the rest of the week and weekend and all lunchboxes plus the dreaded food tech ingredients.

Grateful for
    1) no after school clubs tonight
    2) Twinings Earl Grey teabags
    3) Funny little hamster creatures making me laugh
    4) DS3 making me laugh - he asked if paint was held on by nails.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    CCL - hope cabin boy is feeling better.

Unfortunately I had to spend on food today, my cabin girl has cookery at school tomorrow - Thai Green Curry so had to get all the ingredients for that.

Will have nearly a full jar of curry paste left (just as I am starting to work my way through jars!!) and I have never cooked a Thai Green Curry before so that will be on the menu next week.

Used up some Bolognese sauce from Thurs that DH and DD were fed up with when served with pasta so threw it together and did lasagne - plates all clean!! I had leftover roast - sausage plait, cauli cheese, sausages, roast potatoes and then for some veg/fruit I included som cherry tomatoes!!

Today I am grateful for:
    1. The fact I love my job and it doesn't feel like a chore (even though one of my work colleagues is a lazy mare and does next to nothing all day).
    2. DD being enthusiastic about school and about her options from September onwards.
    3. A scrumptious tea all from leftovers.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Planned spend today - Groceries and budgetted household items. Bought a cardigan which I'll return tomorrow. Also a 'spiraliser' I bought in the dangerous kitchen shop.

I'm going to work hard for a complete NSD tomorrow. I'm in town for a course at lunchtime. I'm taking food and will hopefully return with more in my wallet than I started with.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ahoy!!!

Today I am grateful for:

• A productive day at work - feeling on top of things
    • Feeling inspired and motivated to get fit
    • My health and well being
    Today = NSD number 4

Had a great Monday. I read some great motivational stuff last night on fitness and stuff and it got me fired up. I go to a gym twice a week and for a walk, but feel I want to step it up a gear and try doing a bit at home, even if it's only 30 minutes.

I'm looking at my days when I'm working and seeing how I can give them some structure to fit more in, yet still get some down time. I am atrocious at getting out of bed in the morning so need to work around that haha!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSD today - spent most of it at work and then 2 school runs this afternoon. Very lazy evening - no activities to run around for, except the after school one :) Just waiting for middle cabin boy to fall asleep and then I will be heading off to my hammock - very tired today - largest cabin boy is always awake after me, but I will remind him to go to sleep at a reasonable time (not that it will do any good - must put a timer plug on the wifi :D)

Today I am thankful for:
    * the extra hours at work - am tired - but the money will be handy :)
    * the students I invigilated (solo) saying they liked me as an invigilator (yeay)
    * happy cabin boys :)
    * having the money to pay for some essential electrical works
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    Hello shipmates. Planned weekly shop today, spent only £26.49 on 46 items, all of which were YS except the bananas, apples, and tomatoes. Quite pleased with that, I had 2 packs shin beef originally priced at £6 but got them for £1.79. Whole roast chicken for £1.99. Blueberries, mange tout, spring onions, beetroot and balsamic dressing, all for 9p. Salad pots x 4 for 29p, bread for 25, croissant 6 in a pack for 15p, muffins for 5 p and many more. I'm too tired to work out how much it would have cost us full price. Including points from receipts I wombled today, I earned 410 points in total, and 520 points on fuel for mine and hubby's cars. I also earned enough points previously for £5 voucher which I am keeping for the "rainy days."

Lunch to work number 3 today, was left over from last night's dinner. Zero spent on lunch. Tomorrow's lunch will be one of the salad pots that I bought today.

Today I am grateful for:

1. Surviving the Monday blues. All day long, I could hardly keep my eyes open, but made it to the end, in fact I speeded up staying half an hour extra to finish what I was doing.
    2. Great bargains at Morris
    3. Quality time with my family.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure