Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• jacqhale
    jacqhale Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi our party of 4 was on the Rhodes to Bristol flight TOM6365 which was due to depart midnight 1st June but was delayed for over 14 hours due to crew sickness. We had a hotel for the night but no TUI rep was on hand at all for information (the pilot did came out to speak to us) or offer any refreshment vouchers. I have receipts for food and drink plus we also lost a day off work each.
    I believe crew sickness does not count as extraordinary circumstances so have made initial contact with Thomson regarding compensation and disappointment with their lack of help and communication.
    So what are the next steps please? The automated email stated they will come back to me in 56 days, should I wait that long or try and ring them, everything written here suggests they use delaying tactics where possible. Do I also make a claim on my travel insurance or can you only go down one route? Thomson gave us a letter when we got off the plane advising of the delay, reasons and to use this as a claim on travel insurance which is a bit naughty if they are trying to put people off claiming for the flight compensation.
    I see there is a guide to download but can't find it if anyone has a link? (Vauban's guide?)
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You are quite right crew sickness is not an extraordinary circumstance so Compensation is due at €400 per person. You can also claim for your food and drink as long as it was not alcohol. As for missing a days work you would need to look at your travel insurance. Google and download Vaubans Guide, read and follow the advice template letter is on page 6 if I remember correctly. Good Luck
  • rkr71
    rkr71 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    don't wait for Thomson they are a complete joke all they do is fob people off go through the cedr website and register your claim hope this helps.
  • panda_jamie
    panda_jamie Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I wonder if any of you know the correct address to send the bailiffs to? Is it the Luton address? The enforcement team have told me to be very careful that i put the correct address on my warrant of control. Many thanks if any of you know or have sent the bailiffs in to collect. Helen
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 June 2017 at 10:33PM
    Options
    Hi. I wonder if any of you know the correct address to send the bailiffs to? Is it the Luton address? The enforcement team have told me to be very careful that i put the correct address on my warrant of control. Many thanks if any of you know or have sent the bailiffs in to collect. Helen

Hi Helen,

This is how it appears on the Company House website.

THOMSON AIRWAYS LIMITED

Company number 00444359

Follow this company
    File for this company
    Company Overview for THOMSON AIRWAYS LIMITED (00444359)
    Filing history for THOMSON AIRWAYS LIMITED (00444359)
    People for THOMSON AIRWAYS LIMITED (00444359)
    Charges for THOMSON AIRWAYS LIMITED (00444359)
    Registered office address
    Tui Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL

Hope to see it on TV:)
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure this used to be Thomson only ;)
  • panda_jamie
    panda_jamie Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let you all know Thomson have finally paid up.
    If you are going through the battle at the moment keep going!

I made a claim at the end of July last year for a delayed flight from Santorini to Bristol. I got no response from Resolver. I sent a LBA and got no response. I filed court action through MCOL. Process was very slow and Thomson made some "interesting" challenges but never filed a defence. Court awarded me at beginning of April and i got the money today just as i was about to send the bailiffs in.
    I do know someone else from that flight went through CEDR and got the money quicker but either way keep going everyone.
    I did notice i seemed to get a better response when i cc'd the MD to my emails. Also if you need an email for the legal team it's customer.legal with the usual thomson email address, same for the MD, it's first name.surname as email prefix.
    Don't bother trying to phone the legal team, they don't answer!
    Me and my mother are using our newly received cash as spending money for a weeks holdiay later this month - decided we'd travel with Olympic this time!
    Thanks everyone on the forum for all the advice you've given me.
    If i can help anyone please shout
    :) :j
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :dance::beer::T
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • lolly2u
    Options
    Hi I made a claim last May 16 after a 10h delay along with 4 other couples we were travelling with.they all received theirs in the July so obviously I got in touch with the after travel team to see why mine was not sent,they emailed Thomson and assured me that the delay was due to high quality numbers of claims and that it would be sent as soon as.so on a weekly basis I got back to them and all they could tell me is that they emailed Thomson daily and advised that I had not received payment.in October I decided to take it a step further and contacted CEDR.in Feb an adjudicator awarded me €1200 and ordered Thomson to settle within 14 days.of course still no response from them.CEDR then put it into the hands of their executive team to follow up still no response so I emailed them as to the next steps and they advised that they had no legal powers to force Thomson to pay they would not stop chasing this case until I was paid out. So this is where I am at now.any advice will be helpful Thanks.

I made a claim at the end of July last year for a delayed flight from Santorini to Bristol. I got no response from Resolver. I sent a L[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]:mad:[/COLOR]BA and got no response. I filed court action through MCOL. Process was very slow and Thomson made some "interesting" challenges but never filed a defence. Court awarded me at beginning of April and i got the money today just as i was about to send the bailiffs in.
    I do know someone else from that flight went through CEDR and got the money quicker but either way keep going everyone.
    I did notice i seemed to get a better response when i cc'd the MD to my emails. Also if you need an email for the legal team it's customer.legal with the usual thomson email address, same for the MD, it's first name.surname as email prefix.
    Don't bother trying to phone the legal team, they don't answer!
    Me and my mother are using our newly received cash as spending money for a weeks holdiay later this month - decided we'd travel with Olympic this time!
    Thanks everyone on the forum for all the advice you've given me.
    If i can help anyone please shout
    :) :j[/QUOTE]
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Downlaod Vaubans guide, read it thoroughly, send one more email to Thomson stating that it is an NBA or LBA then start legal proceedings 2 weeks later, as panda jamie did.
    Thomson are a bunch of lame idiots and you should treat them as such.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport