Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When the Judge granted permission to amend and reserve, did he also require Thomson Airways to file a defence or did the original defence include a defence on the merits as well as pointing out that you had sued the wrong Defendant? It would help if you told us the whole story as we are wasting time by getting information piecemeal
  • gymbob_2
    Options
    Hi Dawn
    I have recently been asked to take up a claim for flight delay for this same flight because Thomson haven't responded in all this time. I see that someone else has been paid and wondered if you had now recovered your claim? Can I ask how much you claimed and also, what address do you have for Thomsons?
    Hoping to hear from you, many thanks.
    Kind regards
    gymbob
  • gymbob_2
    Options
    Hi
    I have recently been asked to take up a claim for flight delay for this same flight because Thomson haven't responded in all this time. I see that your claim has been paid and wondered if I could ask you what amount you claimed and what address was used for Thomsons?
    Hoping to hear from you, many thanks.
    Kind regards
    gymbob
  • rkr71
    rkr71 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thomson are a complete joke they don't respond to emails and when you call them they just pass the info on but thats all you get go to the cedar website and start your claim ok hope this helps
  • rkr71
    Options
    cedr sorry
  • bazthegeeza
    bazthegeeza Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 May 2017 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Just a quick note that hopefully will help others, had a flight delay with Thomson back in Nov 2016, put claim in via resolver, no response from Thomson whatsoever, then claimed via CEDR which is recommended from resolve. CEDR process was easy to follow, after a period of a couple of months waiting for Thomson to respond to CEDR the CEDR then found in my favour. On the the 18th April 2017 I was told by CEDR that Thomson had to pay me compensation and had 20 days to comply. This is 20 working days. Having read other threads I am not convinced payment will be forthcoming but if anyone has had any recent success receiving payments after a CEDR decision please let me know.

So 16th May 2017 has come and gone and no communication from Thompson or CEDR to say why the decision has not been complied with. I have 3 messages outstanding with CEDR forum asking for next steps and not one has been answered. Whilst this is a free service (CEDR) well if you win anyway, I feel the communication needs to be far far better. Unlike others I have not been informed or reassured I will now be compensated, I will keep updating this posts with any updates.

I will post an update of when(if) I get paid and what was involved in the process
  • rkr71
    Options
    I'm claiming through cedr still waiting for a adjudicator to be appointed after that they make a final decision within 14 days so hopefully its sorted by end of may
  • BoBaggins
    BoBaggins Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I claimed for an 8 hour delay from Bournemouth to Sharm way back in August 2011 on 24th January 2017. I used Thomson's form in their website. Today I received an email saying I'm entitled to compensation and my cheque is in the post and I should receive it within the next 14 days. Cheque is for £508, am very happy about this.
  • Grangey.
    Grangey. Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The CEDR case for my dispute for a 30hr+ delay has unsurprisingly been settled in my favour, I've accepted and Thomson now have 20 days in theory to act.

I will update you all as to how this progresses, in the meantime I see people mentioning a form directly from Thomson, is this still in circulation or has this been replaced by CEDR? I'd like to pursue all routes possible.
  • Nicky321
    Nicky321 Posts: 1,426 Forumite
    Options
    My elderly mother has just returned from a cruise, and on her departure date her suitcase went missing from the actual cruise ship, she got it back with minutes to spare before boarding the plane. Obviously this caused a lot of stress and anxiety. When she was actually on board the plane, she was told they had found a fault with the plane, and they all had to disembark. This actually led to a 13 hour delay. She was taken to a hotel where she catered for.

My question is, Who would she complain to about the delay (travelled with Thompson)

I assume she will need to complain about the missing suitcase to Thompson.

Does she need to claim anything at all from her Travel Insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback