Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    read Vauban's Guide re the claim for the delay
    I am not sure there is anything to achieve for complaining about anxiety and stress due to the bag turning up at the airport with minutes to spare
    Travel insurance will depend on her policy, she may be entitled to a payment for the delay, in addition to a claim from the airline. Some policies offer c£20 for each 12 hour delay for example. Nothing from insurance for bag.
  • Nicky321
    Nicky321 Posts: 1,426 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2017 at 6:47PM
    Options
    would my mum be able to make her own claim for compensation? She travelled with her friend whose name was on the booking and my mum as an additional passenger, or would her friend have to do it and get the compensation for mum?

Right, i've found out mum can do her claim, now do we go through the thompson website or use resolver.co.uk?
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As your mother was a farepaying passenger she is entitled to claim. As to procedure download and read Vauban's excellent guide. I would write to Thomson first but remember that Thomson will take as much time as you give them.
  • makey1976
    makey1976 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looking for little help.
    my brother ws meant to fly today from glasgow to palma with thomson
    flight was 2;45pm still at airport with wife and 2 young kids 8,3, been stuck in departure lounge with flight not leaving till 8;45pm (finger crossed).
    Can he claim, and what does he need to keep for making the claim when back.
    he will now lose now half a day (all inclusive).
    said to him, i read on here about being delayed more than 3 hours and you can make a claim.
    so looking fora bit more info for him coming back.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on the reason for the delay he can make a claim. When he arrives at Palma he will, probably given a letter which he should keep. He should also make a careful note of anything said at the time by a rep, clerk at the airport and especially by the Captain on the flight . In my case against Thomson the Captain was the only one who told the truth. They should also have been given meal vouchers.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it a package holiday? If so then you should push for some compo for some loss of holiday/distress etc?
    Keep any boarding cards.
    Try to get as much info as possible. Ask reps or ground staff why the delay.
    Let everybody else on the flight know they maybe due some compensation too! Download Vauban's most excellent guide.
    Your brother could download it and distribute to other passengers.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bilbo_2
    bilbo_2 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    hello I just wondered if someone could offer a bit of advise please.
    Me and my wife had a Flight delay from fuertaventura to manchester in march.
    The delay was 6 hours and 35 minutes due to mechanical parts failure on the plane. The journey is 2930km

yesterday I received a cheque for £635 (400 euro's each) from Thomson TUI

Is this the correct amount for this journey/time delay or should I see a solicitor I've sent several emails since and they have not replied back.

The original letter I sent to them was the one martin put on this site and I asked for 600 euro's each.

The flight was TOM2257 on 7th March

Thanks for your help in advance
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From Vauban's Guide
    2.2 The amount of compensation due depends upon the length of the journey, as measured by the “Great Circle Method” [see http://www.greatcirclemapper.net]:
    - If the flight was less than 1,500km, you are due €250 per passenger;
    - If the flight was between 1,500km and 3,500km, you are due €400 per passenger;
    - If the flight was over 3,500km, you are due €600 per passenger. This last tier can be reduced by 50% (to €300) if the flight arrived less than four hours late.

distance 2924km so €400 is the correct amount
    you incorrectly requested the wrong amount
  • potts57
    potts57 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2017 at 11:06AM
    Options
    potts57 wrote: »
    I have been fighting a 5 hr delay that happened in Dec 2010 since 2012 and have been turned down by Thomson on a few occasions, I went to CEDR in October last year via Resolver and they have just ruled in my favour €1600 coming my way. It is worth persevering just need to wait for the payment now but what's another few weeks having waited this long .:j

after a long wait payment has arrived in my account, I have chased Thomson direct on an almost daily basis for the last month, it has been really frustrating but i am glad i have persevered.CEDR said they should pay by 14th Feb
  • garlieston
    garlieston Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know what it costs Thomsons to use CEDR for every claim they lose.
    Ive seen it may cost us £25 for an unsuccessful claim but what about the enemy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback