Nationwide Mortgages - How long??

Options
Kittencjb
Kittencjb Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 6 February 2014 at 6:30PM in Mortgages & endowments
Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Mortgage guides may help.

Back to the original post...

Has anyone applied for a Nationwide mortgage recently? How long did it take to process from when you submitted the application? Mine has been in a queue for 2 weeks and hasn't even been alocated to anyone yet, is that normal?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• spikyspiky
    spikyspiky Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2012 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Hi,
    We applied for our mortgage with the Nationwide on the 4th January and had the full offer on the 11th February so not too long. We finally exchanged yesterday and complete on the 8th May.
    We were phoned the day after I applied online to go through things with our advisor so 2 weeks does seem a little long but I guess its a busier time for them now.
  • Nationwide_company_representative
    Nationwide_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Kittencjb wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for a Nationwide mortgage recently? How long did it take to process from when you submitted the application? Mine has been in a queue for 2 weeks and hasn't even been alocated to anyone yet, is that normal?

Hi Kittencjb.

Sorry you’re experiencing delays. Could you first please let me know which channel your mortgage application was made i.e. in branch, intermediary or direct?

Thanks, Anthony from the Nationwide media relations team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Nationwide Building Society. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    They seem to be blowing very hot or cold at the moment.

Recently, I have gone from having a full offer within three days to having to wait a week for a decision on an agreement in principle.
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Kittencjb
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses.

I am applying directly to Nationwide myself not through an IFA (although in hindsight, I imagine it would have been a better option to have as they would have contacts etc to help get things moving).

I actually called the tracking service yesterday (once again) and once again, no-one was able to give me a straight answer as to what was going on with my application. Each time I call the tracking service I'm told someone will get back to me but they never do. Although I realise that it hasn't been a ridicoulously long time that I've been waiting, it is really frustrating not having any idea of timescales, particularly when we have the Estate Agents on our back to hurry things along.

Anyway, after being fobbed off again on the phone yesterday, I decided to email directly a contact name I had from a request for an employer's reference we had received. Within a couple of hours, I received a text saying that our application have been approved and out mortgage offer had been issued!!! As you can imagine, we are really pleased and relieved. Not counting our chickens just yet though,want everything signed on the dotted line before we get too excited. Hoping to get this in the post early next week, is that realistic?

Thanks again everyone, have a great weekend :)
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

Mine was 2 weeks from mortgage app to full offer so hopefully you'll be fine. I did have to get my broker to chase a bit though so don't feel bad about chasing!

Sounds like you will be getting going before you know it and I hope everything goes well :rotfl:
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good luck with everything
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kittencjb wrote: »

When did you submit. Has been the Easter holidays.......
  • W.H.A
    W.H.A Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Was reading these forums to see if anyone else was experiencing delays with Nationwide at the moment, we're first time buyers applied through Countrywide everything was going smoothly had the agreement in principle, survey done everyone submitted mortgage adviser expected everything to go through in about 4 weeks but unfortunately there seems to have been some kind of issue, possibly related to deposit amount but don't even know that for sure. What happened was we had an offer accepted for £118,000 but valuation valued it 3k less, which thankfully seller agreed to but they just wanted us to add £150 to purchase price (yearly rent for a piece of land) which of course we agreed and mortgage adviser changed mortgage amount to £115,150. That seems to be when the delays started we eventually decided to just ring Nationwide directly and they said they were waiting for something from mortgage adviser, when we let her know she was surprised as there wasn't anything showing on her NFI system (which i think is nationwides system for mortgage advisers applying on behalf of customers). Anyway she said there seemed to be some kind of technical error where the extra 150 pounds had made it come up as unaffordable (we've put down 30% deposit) which she said it shouldn't have done anyway and nationwide said they'd fix it it was more a technical error but to speed things up she just changed the deposit to add the 150 pounds. Anyway last Friday mortgage adviser hadn't heard anything so again I decided I'd ring nationwide direct they said it had gone to underwriters for approval and we should hopefully hear from them Monday or Tuesday. When we hadn't heard from them Friday we couldn't bear it any longer so we rang them again only to be told that their system was showing it as 'technical fault', mortgage adviser says there's some kind of issue with their system as she's got ours and another application with nationwide which are showing up the same. They said they'd get their tech team to look at it within 48 hours so we'll just have to wait I suppose. If there's anybody from nationwide reading this forum who could look into this for us that would be great
  • Nationwide_company_representative
    Nationwide_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    W.H.A wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Was reading these forums to see if anyone else was experiencing delays with Nationwide at the moment, we're first time buyers applied through Countrywide everything was going smoothly had the agreement in principle, survey done everyone submitted mortgage adviser expected everything to go through in about 4 weeks but unfortunately there seems to have been some kind of issue, possibly related to deposit amount but don't even know that for sure. What happened was we had an offer accepted for £118,000 but valuation valued it 3k less, which thankfully seller agreed to but they just wanted us to add £150 to purchase price (yearly rent for a piece of land) which of course we agreed and mortgage adviser changed mortgage amount to £115,150. That seems to be when the delays started we eventually decided to just ring Nationwide directly and they said they were waiting for something from mortgage adviser, when we let her know she was surprised as there wasn't anything showing on her NFI system (which i think is nationwides system for mortgage advisers applying on behalf of customers). Anyway she said there seemed to be some kind of technical error where the extra 150 pounds had made it come up as unaffordable (we've put down 30% deposit) which she said it shouldn't have done anyway and nationwide said they'd fix it it was more a technical error but to speed things up she just changed the deposit to add the 150 pounds. Anyway last Friday mortgage adviser hadn't heard anything so again I decided I'd ring nationwide direct they said it had gone to underwriters for approval and we should hopefully hear from them Monday or Tuesday. When we hadn't heard from them Friday we couldn't bear it any longer so we rang them again only to be told that their system was showing it as 'technical fault', mortgage adviser says there's some kind of issue with their system as she's got ours and another application with nationwide which are showing up the same. They said they'd get their tech team to look at it within 48 hours so we'll just have to wait I suppose. If there's anybody from nationwide reading this forum who could look into this for us that would be great

Hello W.H.A

The MSE team has passed on contact details to you. Please get in touch and we will do our best to help. Please use the contact details to get in touch and do not post any personal details on here.

Thanks

Anthony from the Nationwide media relations team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Nationwide Building Society. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • W.H.A
    W.H.A Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks Anthony
    I've sent you details as requested
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts