Nationwide Mortgages - How long??

Options
1707172737476»

Comments

• anniepixie
    Options
    I too have been waiting for over 3 weeks to get a response from Nationwide, they say they haven't received our payslips (they had them 3 weeks ago!) and then we were told us there was a glitch in their system. Apparently our application has now gone to head office to be assessed. We are in a chain and needed an answer 2 weeks ago. Our mortgage adviser had chased daily and made over 40 calls but they continue to tell us we will have an answer at the end of the day, still nothing!
    Surely it shouldn't take 3 weeks to get an answer!
  • We're having a similar issue to those above, can anyone tell me if this is normal, we're also using a broker:

Application Sent and Accepted: 07-06-2017
    Text to Confirm Valuation Booked: 08-06-2017
    Text to Confirm Valuation Report Received: 14-06-2017

and nothing since. I'm sure on there guide it says they should review within 48 hours.

I'm now concerned that the valuation is lower etc. I also want to instruct the solicitor to the do the searches, but wary of doing this until the offer comes through.

Anyone else in a similar position? Am I worrying for no reason?
  • Returntosender
    Options
    We're FTB and are using Nationwide for our mortgage. Our valuation was yesterday and now I'm bricking it. It's an old house (Victorian terrace) and I'm nervous. No idea when we'll find out the results of the valuation. Also, it says they're still waiting to approve our statements/proof of deposit that we emailed over when we applied. Eeek.
  • chrisreeder3
    Options
    Applied for a Nationwide mortgage through a broker on the 4th July, with the promise to have a surveyor booked the week after. 2 weeks later nothing had been heard from Nationwide about this so broker and I both chased Nationwide to see whats going on. Promised it will be booked in and completed within the next 5 working days. Lets see if this happens.....!!
  • Applied for a Nationwide mortgage through a broker on the 4th July, with the promise to have a surveyor booked the week after. 2 weeks later nothing had been heard from Nationwide about this so broker and I both chased Nationwide to see whats going on. Promised it will be booked in and completed within the next 5 working days. Lets see if this happens.....!!

Any news? We're still waiting! Apparently there was a technical error on the system - so we're now waiting for then to sort that out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure