Nationwide Mortgages - How long??

Options

Comments

• alex_leeds
    alex_leeds Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Got the morgage offer, just took time requesting bank statements and having them approved etc.

Decision in Principle - Accept 08 Feb 2014
    Mortgage Application Submitted 21 Feb 2014
    A valuation has been instructed 23 Feb 2014
    Mortgage offer issued 05 Mar 2014

Now we are just waiting for sellers solicitor and land registry searches
  • MrJansell
    Options
    We are still awaiting a mortgage offer. We are FTB and are finding this process quite stressful. Although, I don't think Nationwide have been poor, it's just annoying that they can never give you a straight answer.

We are doing this process through a broker, who has been great. But every time I call to chase, they can't give me a definitive answer. The broker said we should have had an offer yesterday (24/03/14), but we didn't receive this.

Fingers are still firmly crossed that we receive one today!
  • Holgate88
    Holgate88 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    My NW mortgate application timeline so far;

FTB buying a new build property with the Help 2 Buy Scheme;

3rd May - Agreement in principle within 5 mins via mortgage advisor
    7th May - Met with mortgage advisor to complete Help 2 Buy grant app and NW mortgage app. Gave mortgage advisor all my docs.
    13th May - Help 2 buy grant approved & NW happy with all paperwork they have received, so full application keyed in by mortgage advisor.
    14th May - Valuation booked in for 17th May
    19th May - Txt to say NW have received a satisfactory valuation report and will be in touch shortly.

Left in limbo now! Is there still any possibility that the application may be rejected?
  • 5136louise
    5136louise Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    My OH and I are applying for a mortgage with nationwide. 60% LTV. I'm self employed and he is employed but only since 6th may. Everytimw they ask us for more documentation they then ask for more. We previously had a mortgage with HSBC and have a buy to let with Nottingham and this has been the most stressful by far! We're using London and country who have been great but even they are getting irritated by the number if hoops NW want us to jump through!
  • moggyfranny
    Options
    Hello!

Forgive me as this is my first post on this forum.

We have applied directly with Nationwide (online) for a mortgage. We got our AIP and made the full application. On completion they charged us both the arrangement fee and the money for the homebuyers report.

When is this likely to be booked in?

We submitted full application on Saturday and it is now Tuesday and we've heard nothing. Our EA is pushing us to get the sale moving as quickly as possible as the vendor is quite edgy and won't take it off the market until we have the survey.

Will Nationwide wait until we've sent supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, payslips etc.) before booking this in or will they do this first?

Can I chase Nationwide to see when they will do it or is it too soon?

Thanks!
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nationwide don't do it.

Their panel manager is Countrywide, so it will be waiting for someone from Countrywide to arrange the inspection. Then you'll be notified of the inspection date.

Valuer is normally instructed immediately the application is submitted if "accept" decision. Valuation is not delayed by time taken to provide documents.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • moggyfranny
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Nationwide don't do it.

Their panel manager is Countrywide, so it will be waiting for someone from Countrywide to arrange the inspection. Then you'll be notified of the inspection date.

Valuer is normally instructed immediately the application is submitted if "accept" decision. Valuation is not delayed by time taken to provide documents.
    Thanks kingstreet for your prompt response.

Will Nationwide have passed this straight on to Countrywide then as soon as our application was submitted? And, if so, can I chase them?

Just reading a lot on here about how valuations have been booked in pretty swiftly after application so I didn't know whether to expect it to happen this quickly or whether we should wait patiently!
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The tale of two cases.

Application submitted on 7 May. Valuation instruction issued immediately. Valuation date provided on 19 May for 20 May inspection.

Application submitted on 12 May. Valuation instruction issued immediately. Valuation date provided on 15 May for 16 May inspection.

Two apps, both Nationwide, same newbuild site in Milton Keynes. Why the difference? No idea.

No. You can't contact Countrywide. If Countrywide is doing your HomeBuyer's report as well, you'll find that takes longer as they have fewer surveyors qualified to do the extended reports.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • BlueberryB
    BlueberryB Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hi kingstreet,

Sorry to butt in lol

I contacted our broker today to see what was happening and she said she would be in contact as soon as she got the email offering the loan or if they needed anything else.

Does this mean that it is going nicely or will/can they still ask for additional documents before they decide if it's accept or decline?

I am so blooming anxious it's unreal, also we had our car insurance renewal in yesterday and I want to shop around for other quotes as we have been with the same insurer 3 years now and the policy is only coming down buy £20per annum. I know that when you apply for quotes online the compare sites sometimes leave 'searches' on your file! Will I stay away from this just now and just accept the quote? I am scared I do anything to jeopardise our mortgage application..
  • Holgate88
    Holgate88 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Holgate88 wrote: »
    My NW mortgate application timeline so far;

FTB buying a new build property with the Help 2 Buy Scheme;

3rd May - Agreement in principle within 5 mins via mortgage advisor
    7th May - Met with mortgage advisor to complete Help 2 Buy grant app and NW mortgage app. Gave mortgage advisor all my docs.
    13th May - Help 2 buy grant approved & NW happy with all paperwork they have received, so full application keyed in by mortgage advisor.
    14th May - Valuation booked in for 17th May
    19th May - Txt to say NW have received a satisfactory valuation report and will be in touch shortly.

Left in limbo now! Is there still any possibility that the application may be rejected?

Very relieved and happy to say I have received my formal mortgage offer today :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure