TV Licensing - Do I Need to Remove Antenna Cables from room?

Options

Comments

• Agent_Rothbard
    Options
    ...or you could always fit one of these
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWKkYmG1G5s
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    Taxation is theft, purely and simply even though it is theft on a grand and colossal scale which no acknowledged criminals could hope to match.

Murray N. Rothbard
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ...or you could always fit one of these
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWKkYmG1G5s
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Watching that video was worse than watching a TV with only one channel: Dave.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Personally, I don't think there's any need for "heroic measures" like locking the aerial socket of your TV.
  • abudabi
    abudabi Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be on the safe side I would advise you to detune your TV ,if you have one, putting your TV on search for channels with no connection to an ariel will do this. Remove all aeriel cables from the room or tie them up in a bundle so they cannot reach your TV/Monitor You will get Goons from Capita claiming they want to come inside your property and check that you are legal. Dont let them in they have no authority to do so. Once you find out they are from Capita do not speak to them and for God sake dont give them your name. The Goons are on bonus schemes for getting people to court and where there is money there can be dishonesty. They give up after a couple of visits. You are now LLF (Legally Licence Free) The money you saved will pay for your Netflix/ Amazon video service

I've just got off the phone today from to licensing and they say I dint have to detune my tv only not to press the bbc I player app I have a freesat dish but only watch YouTube Netflix and itv hub but no live channels
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    and for God sake don't give them your name.
    And, equally importantly, DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    For anyone who wants to know how to get rid of them in the most effective way possible (short of just ignoring them)
    Although, I can say, from personal experience, that totally ignoring them is a very effective method of dealing with them.  :D 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSAs8yD9rc

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Only the guilty IMO, will try and stop Capita from checking equipment and please don t come out with all that right to privacy excuse.
    How about the reason (not excuse), that I don't want a stranger (and an un-vetted one at that) poking around my home.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Anyone who really does not watch any live or scheduled or BBC would simply invite the Capita people in to verify their claims and to be rid of them in the future
    So you would be happy to let me pop round and have a look in your home?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zanthrax said:
    BAE: because you might in future, or use our service if you haven't paid the £147
    Also, you have to buy a ticket from us, before you can fly with Virgin next month.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    House_Martin said:
    pay the £145 for gods sake and stop the fiddling for good
    Would you pay road tax, if you didn't drive?
    Would you buy a rod licence, if you didn't fish?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure