Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How's it been this week NOA?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not really. A couple of times I've done a summary but not in any detail. Trouble with DH is he'll either be overwhelmed and just think blow it I may as well spend OR think oh we're doing well I can afford to spend.

Actually he's been loads better lately, but I don't believe he'll ever be fully reformed. Shouldn't be negative, but too many times he's needed to spend to make his fortune haha!

Had to drive to the city today and panicked through a junction and may have tailed the car in front on a red. It was one of those huge junctions and I really wasn't sure. Oh well. Will wait for the 14 days to see. Then panicked on a roundabout coming back, there was a bus lane where I wanted to exit, so went round again. Think I need to do that advanced driver training course to brush up city driving :(
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    How's it been this week NOA?

Good morning everyone, has it really been 2 weeks?:o Time is running away from me and I can't run fast enough to catch up with it.

SS - am trying to do exactly that and focus on the positives. Hope you didn't get a letter in the post, I hate big city driving, especially the big junctions and multilane roundabouts! DH jumped a roundabout red light last week, then exceeded speed limit in a 20 mph zone whilst dropping off DD one evening. He might have got away with the red light if he hadn't done the second (the police car had been following him). He had left the house in a huff, because I was supposed to be taking DD but I was on the phone and she was getting impatient (not her right to as it was a last minute thing - also she had not looked up where she was going even though I had asked her to) - this was why DH missed the 20mph speed limit -they were trying to find road names whilst driving).

Brizzle - It's been a very busy couple of weeks, have tried to focus on nice things and not get dragged down or into the battlefield! Haven't managed to book a holiday or get away. DH had booked this past week off. Then I found some availability for this coming week but he couldn't change his week as others in the office already had that week off:( Ended up working some of the time and having a "stay-cation" - going out for 2 days out, mini trips, not cooking. Also spent 2 full days in garden doing routine stuff that we just hadn't had time to do this year - DH hedge trimming and strimming, me clearing and shredding. Utterly exhausted physically today - and he's gone back to work for a rest.

Have procrastinated on the debt busting front and no further forward. Looked up mortgages etc and what was potentially available but haven't spoken to a broker yet. Dh got a small 3% pay rise and a bonus but I think we'll put all his bonus into pension for tax saving purposes rather than lose 40% of it - the few hundred pounds wouldn't really make a dent in anything financially and would just get lost in the general day to day stuff. Haven't worked it out yet but chances are we'll lose most of the child benefit this year.
    Need to get on top of budget as mortgage and school fees both up, rental income down, taxes up due to benefits from DH employment, demands on time for parents increasing.

Only one more full week of school holidays - dreading early mornings and school runs.

Hope all going well with everyone, am sorry haven't managed to keep up with your diaries.

Rediscovered this Shakespeare quote on our day trip to Stratford on Avon last week ....

...."Grow great by your example and put on the dauntless spirit of resolution".

lots of love
    NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    edited 26 August 2015 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Need an admin catch up day today as office is a mess and much neglected.

1) Letter to creditor
    2) Phone call to a different creditor - thing debt has passed on to different dept as couldn't make a payment to old account number
    3) Filing creditor letters from last 2 months - big pile on my desk.

4) Admin for voluntary work.
    5) Start pulling together everything so it is order for SA returns - so that I am not doing them on 30th January :rotfl:..I say this every year!
    6) Sort out mortgage ....Called broker suggested by SC
    7) check/Switch electricity tariff -fixed deal ending next week.
    8) Check BT Broadband deals for better one
    9) Think about advertising - SE work drying up - no new enquiries over the last month:(
    10) Saw a deal on Group0n for advanced excel course for £22 - might do as a refresher - find something similar for MSAccess
    11) Look up best deals for MS office with Access for 3+ Pc's

In between
    Washing/ironing
    Trip to bank
    Hoovering car/house
    Declutter one wardrobe

Best get on. Off to wake kids with clod wet flannel:rotfl:
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Didn't do as much as I had hoped but made progress with piles on my desk....I can see some surface:j 2 very large carrier bags - one of paper recycling, the other shredded letters.

More of the same today.
    Expecting call back from mortgage broker today for initial discussion.

Another grey miserable day outside, windy and wet.
    Life plods along. Seem to be just drifting through days.
    Drama neutral.
    Very bored at the moment (I'm allowed to say it - kids aren't;))

Hope it's brighter where you are.
    NOAh
    xx
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey you made some progress on the desk clearance :)

Every now and then you get 'flat grey' days..............I know I do. I had one yesterday:( Today is bright and blustery outside but distinctly autumnal. Planning a another day doing last bit of gardening before back to work - still got gooseberries to pick and prune and I want to cut back/dig out some currant bushes. Also looking at a revamp of some areas over autumn/winter - we have a large cottage style garden but I really think there is too much lawn ( four separate ones!) Hoping being outside will blow cobwebs away as tomorrow I want a day in the mountains on my own as it will be my last chance for a while.

I think a little boredom and drifting every now and then is not such a bad thing ( even for teens!) as long as its not prolonged - cant go at it 100mph all the time;).

Hope it brightens up for you
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love that NOA - Drama Neutral.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Hey you made some progress on the desk clearance :)

Every now and then you get 'flat grey' days..............I know I do. I had one yesterday:( Today is bright and blustery outside but distinctly autumnal. Planning a another day doing last bit of gardening before back to work - still got gooseberries to pick and prune and I want to cut back/dig out some currant bushes. Also looking at a revamp of some areas over autumn/winter - we have a large cottage style garden but I really think there is too much lawn ( four separate ones!) Hoping being outside will blow cobwebs away as tomorrow I want a day in the mountains on my own as it will be my last chance for a while.

I think a little boredom and drifting every now and then is not such a bad thing ( even for teens!) as long as its not prolonged - cant go at it 100mph all the time;).

Hope it brightens up for you

Hope you are enjoying your day in the mountains today. :)
    Could have done with time in the garden yesterday but it poured all day and ground is very boggy.
    it does feel very autumnal.
    x
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Love that NOA - Drama Neutral.

:)

x
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you are enjoying your day in the mountains today. :)
    Could have done with time in the garden yesterday but it poured all day and ground is very boggy.
    it does feel very autumnal.
    x

Turned out just to be the morning - good to stretch the legs - had some pressing jobs to do that I didnt want hanging around al weekend.
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • NoOneAround
    edited 1 September 2015 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Stressful week full of the usual. Yesterday spent 5 hours on the road doing things for parents and going to see family I don't really care for and who are very close relatives to my parents but really couldn't give a *&%@..:o for them now they are old and no longer of any "use" to them. Duty, wedding, showing your face type of thing because it's important to mum and dad.

New Month New Me. Have decided I will devotes 30 minutes to looking after me everyday.
    Started a 9 day detox programme today. Cost some pounds I shouldn't really spend :o but we haven't had a holiday and this worked for me a few years back when I lost about 8 pounds an they stayed off. If I can do the same again I'll be able to get back into all my clothes again.

DS birthday in 6 weeks time, promised him a laptop as starting GCSE but he also wants it to be a bettr than off the shelf so he can run games on it too? So it will have to be his Xmas present too.

Weighing in at 10.11 this am and a list of other dimensions I don't care to share:D including chest waist hips thighs. Before kids I was a petite 32-22-34. In the olden days that was very acceptable;) y exercise today will be active window cleaning (inside).

Very happy with DH at the moment -he's worked really hard in t he garden for two weekends. While I was away this weekend at parents with kids, he took down the huge dead beech tree. and strimming/grass cutting. Lawn covered with lots of dead branches and twigs but I'll clear that as part of my exercise if it ever stops raining.
    School starts in a couple of days and I am putting together a timetable to do all the decorating by Christmas (what the kids were meant to have helped me with over the hols).

No moping allowed so if I have a whinge on here please tell me off:rotfl:

xx
    NOA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure