PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in.

2) Another bright day, apart from one 10 minute downpour.

3) Went to our local repair caf! this morning and a very elderly gentleman mended my bread maker! (I didn't ask his name but he's been married for 59 years).

4) Hens well with Barbara slower than the others, but going in the right direction.

5) We went to my parents' so smaller son could watch the FA cup semi final with my brother.

6) No Casualty tonight so hoovered upstairs, change bigger son's bed, tidied up and cleaned the bathroom.

7) Spoke to my school friend.
  • erin_transport
    Options
    Newspaper - check
    Good coffee - check
    Sunshine - check
    Washing on the line - check
    No alarm to set - yay!
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Many congrats on the promotion DD least that’s our bogey side out of the league!

Saturday pleasures,

Cheated on the BSD and pulled a couple of hot x buns out of the freezer for breakfast :j

Anyone else spending a fortune on bird food? another visit to nursery for more stocks, place was heaving so no browsing. On to farm shop for bacon and their delicious snorkers.

At stables and riding my gorgeous horse in the sunshine, she has the most heavenly, smooth trot, darling old Bill was a bit more of a stomper but with Lu it feels like you are floating along.

Chilli and cauli rice for tea whilst catching up on Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon, tv switched off and read, am currently enjoying one of the A Cleeves Vera Stanhope novels, good stuff.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Met a friend for coffee. We had a lovely long chat and she is looking good since she retired.

2. Some gardening done in the sun. Managed to get a couple of things crossed off my to do list.

3. Had to drive to take a fancy dress costume to DS2. It hadn't arrived before he went to play rugby. It was the end of season drink at the club house.

4. A laugh with my neighbours.

5. Went out to a new (to us) restaurant. It was good and we ordered too much so came home with a doggy bag.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Nothing much to report today.

Woke later than usual (6.45)

Walked to mums & cleared yet more stuff. It's literally the tip (!!) of the iceberg and she has so much stuff. Anyway. 3 bags for charity. Some new to me tops. DD2 got some jewels. Lots in various bins. Back tomorrow.

Quick tea of sausages & mash with sprouts & peas & a kind of mushroom/ red onion jus. Lovely.

A happy dog. Pleased to see us when we got home.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 April 2018 at 9:35PM
    Options
    That was too funny laineyt i have an interview tomorrow and thought what, how did you know, hang on i haven't got it yet. then i realised... footie. oh well that's tomorrow's cat out the bag :-)
    1) all 4 seasons in one day. don't you just love scotland :-)
    2) lovely coffee with DD2 after church - so full of plans
    3) got very nice academic diary from The Works and some blank postcards to write talk (no tech)
    4) sun came out, took dogs for a walk while i practised my talk, bilbo disappeared. 30 minutes of my shouting later he sauntered up to me like nothing had happened. DD1 has reminded me could have been worse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU
    5) then off to mum's to run through talk. we had stew yum yum.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Last post was the 18th so a few stand out pleasures :)

1. The wisteria is in full bloom & the scent is heavenly :) All the rain & now four days of glorious sunshine have resulted in a riotous display of colour with the scent wafting on the gentle & warm breeze which makes the temperature bearable :D

2. The smiles on the buyers faces when my DSis advised them that the wisteria blooms FOUR times a year :T

3. Croissants or pain au raisin for breakfast every morning:drool:

4. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey re the decluttering but there is just so much to do :o:eek: However the pleasure is that my DSis is being brutal in throwing stuff away :)

5. Sunday roast - DH & I rarely bother at home - we usually have our roasts mid week :rotfl: but my DSis is a traditionalist :)

6. Reading your posts - thank you all for keeping me going :)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Meeting DD2 and the Grandpickles at the arboretum and having the Zebra come charging at me with such a grin on his little face, took a nice picnic and they both ate well.

2) Playing with them in the bath and Zebra getting the squirty frog totally wrong and soaking my hair, so funny.

3) Oreo being bounced round a stepping stone circle made of big chunks of tree after his big brother chuckling madly and just being happy.

4) Some lamb and apricot burgers from w*rose which were unbelievably good.

5) Hanging up some minute pairs of Oreos socks when we put a wash through this evening, so tiny, so cute.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Made a cooked breakfast.

3) Hens well.

4) Did about an hour of digging and sorting on the allotment.

5) Another sunny day.

6) Had lots of rhubarb so stewed some for tomorrow and made up my own recipe for a rhubarb and banana cake.

7) Bigger son home after a busy weekend.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Weekend Pleasures

1. Booked a weekend away for DH birthday at hotel in the depths of Cheshire. Hoped to spend a day in Liverpool, but too far, so.....

2. Saturday shopping at Cheshire Oaks. DH birthday, so he was allowed to buy stuff. (I got some dresses from Next, but but have tried them on, and they are being returned :eek:). Did buy a water jug decorated with flamingoes :D.

3. Free birthday burgers in Ed’s Diner and milk shakes.

4. Nice meal in hotel. Much hilarity at size of portions and average service.

5. Silence. (Hotel was so far away from the road).

6. Trip to Bidulph Grange before home. Haven’t been since children were small. Lots of garden inspiration!

7. Roast dinner for tea. :)

Have a lovely week, if I don’t have time to post!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback