PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have the fine art of surfacing on vinyl bop ;on a night like this I deserve to get kissed at least once or twice;
    1) lovely walk in. Summer dress day 2
    2) coffee with colleague I haven;t really worked with before
    3) then communion service at klozet (gay bar). Made me laugh when minister said ;born of mary; and madonna singing ;like a virgin; started blaring out the loud speakers
    4) then ceilidh at cathedral. We;re raising money for the disabled access so the band I play in did a free ceilidh. Someone else donated stovies and a great evening had by all
    5) won a raffle prize - body shop stuff.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all :)

Five pleasures for Friday:

1. Like lots of you, the bumble bees, especially the big, fat, solitary bees that look as if they are way too heavy to fly.

2. Emptied the contents of a compost bin onto several veg beds. Should have done it last autumn but better late...

3. A couple of lovely ladies who stopped on the public footpath by my allotment to say how good it was looking.

4. DS2 joined me this evening and made a sizeable start on digging up the turf on the main allotment path, redoing the edging and wood-chipping it.

5. Gardener's World (it's been a very horticultural day!)

Sweet dreams :)

B x
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. We had new lights fitted! It means that the bulbs may last longer than a couple of months. Also he delighted now haven't got scratches and bits of plaster on them.

2. Put together a boot store for outside the back door. Boots have been put into it. I have space in the kitchen now.

3. Washing done and dried on the line.

4. Patio area tidied and cleaned. Pots moved about and it looks a bit bigger.

5. Sat in the garden with DH and a drink as it became dark.. Very relaxing.

6. Had omelette for tea.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Another warm, sunny day, walking around garden with early morning cuppa.

Over to the stables, groomed girlie in paddock and pleased to smell that sunblock had been applied to what was, already, a pink little nose. She is moulting like mad and the jackdaws were quick to swoop down and pick up the tufts of white hair.

Lunch in the garden, Capt S had disappeared into darkest Essex for cricket match so was just me and little dog.

Trip into Uni City for much needed haircut, noticeably hotter there and with the crowds as well was happy to come back home, such a country mouse now.

Stir fried fresh rtc tuna with ginger and garlic, enjoyed whilst watching GW and the lovely Monty.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you all! RL has been hurtling, but I have made time to read & this morning, post

OS Pleasures recently
    Squalks of delight as Wu from Grimm is recognised in Babylon 5, albeit Much Younger.

"Found me string vests!" - the happy cry and the contented rustlings indicate Himself is happily reacquainting himself with the outlying branches of his collection...

Cherry blossom! Not fully open but bunches of pink knots that will unfurl into great bubbles of flower are there. Even the scratchy shrubs with seemingly evergreen thorns are dotted with little flowers.

Smartly suited businessman indulging his inner toddler pausing to gawk at a crane. Lovely to see such self awareness & how much toddler enjoyed it!

Ah dear. Idiot child devoured an entire chilli & regretted it. Watching various flailing hand gestures was fun. [We did ply him with milk & TLC & he has recovered but we suspect Not Learned.]

We have returned to car boots! Miword, the fun! Husband came back with a box of singer sewing needles 1960s promotional freebies amongst a bag of knitting needles & a tin of pins!

Saw the tailor! Engrossed in cutting a curve so I just admired the artist & work & pattered on.

The emporium coffee is a restorative brew. I have acquired an insulated travel mug in readiness to maintain this cheering little quirk.

Waved to the tailor! Got his remarkably papal wave back - all is well with the world.

I am to drive a son & some of his harem over to Bradford that they may examine the course, & place. I shall beguile the waiting hours devising the luxurious meal I might otherwise have treated my husband to in celebration of 20 years of matrimony....

Oh my. Lovely lady was So Embarrassed - but her Skoda key opened my Mondeo & was only sat in thinking there's not the legroom that she realised why I was watching & chortling a bit.

Well, that's new. Middleson, preparing to impress at university open day, has coated himself in woad. Inadvertently, when the should-have-been-black wipe on boot polish turned out blue, & stuck in the bottle - so He Squeezed....

Watching finches get their nerve up to bath in the runnel by the road whilst we're sat watching. Water's warm & breeze kindly - I'd splosh but am a bit big...

Crescent Moon eyeballing a planet - glorious sight & will look up which planet later. [Venus. Somehow they look like parent & baby, but constellation spotting was ever a game best played somewhat sozzled.]

Rousing cheers for the NHS and their very considerate treatment of a frankly foolish teenage son with burns to his left hand. Which he had hidden from us for three days before deciding he was "a bit worried" (the blisters had popped & were painful & difficult to conceal with sticky plasters). He's on antibiotics, the hand is scientifically mummified & I am hugely relieved.

Sunshine! While I am shut in an office but husband happily out on tour of charity shops on bus circuit.

Oh happy scouts! Flinging beanbags with rubber bands & bamboo sticks then playing rounders on tufty damp grass. The fun was audible to arriving parents at some range, ahem!

The cherry blossom is beginning to bubble!

Merrily leading colleague astray and we've both reusable cups up from Starbucks! Hurrah for their World Earth Day shenanigans today & all this weekend (til/incl 23 April, I mean). I may craft something to obscure the relatively tasteful pattern.... [Yes, two cups up from last week but I'll not be letting Waitrose stop if I can help it!]

Sunlight on cherry blossom. Just glorious, and absolutely free!

Took son to get scorched paw redressed - he is now perfectly rigged to make V for victory gestures. (Ahem.) The NHS on a Saturday morning at 8.30 is blissful quiet, and my sober, scrubbed, polite, brought-a-book son charmed the staff. Abiding by our agreement, I stayed absolutely silent other than thank-yous as we departed.

Have planted nasturtium seeds. Part of the raffle that is my gardening. Also discussed potential plants for a shady corner & I may year get a pear tree.

Health, strength, love, courage, sunscreen, insect repellent, cherry blossom & birdsong to all as have need. Onwards!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A newspaper.
    Exercise bike for 7 minutes.
    Excitement in local co-op. Someone has won £million on scratch card!
    Going out for lunch with DH to beer garden.
    Watched episode of !!!8216;the woodentops!!!8217; On YouTube. Spotty dog!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) 12 hours sleep last night (all bar 15 minutes) and waking up to peace and quiet in my own bed.

2) The smell of a new mown field on the Cookie walk this afternoon.

3) New tiny leaves on the oak trees, a beautiful green/bronze so fresh and summery.

4) Primroses, newly opened bluebells, cerulean blue alkanet flowers, an early crab apple in full pink blossom, double flowering cherries in their party dresses, speedwells in the grass and some feral forget-me-nots that are popping up on lots of the grass verges.

5) That after the rain smell that is 'petricore' which I wish they could bottle and sell as perfume, just love it!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    haven't noticed any cherry blossom yet up here dfv but spring has most definitely sprung
    1) dd2's guides' coffee morning at 10
    2) church finance meeting at 11. we raised nearly £800 at last night's ceilidh yay
    3) and we have raised over half of what we needed to still find for the lighting. we have 100 candles to symbolise each £100 raised. treasurer and i have put 52 up on the sills.
    4) everyone's out so have spent afterrnoon spring cleaning. all the windows are open, lovely lovely lovey
    5) Hatters promoted yay, and mariners looking safer. fingers crossed for next week bop
    right, cup of much needed tea, mow the lawn then it's off to another ceilidh!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Almost bedtime. Quick outside with doggy in a minute and I will head upstairs.

Awake early.

Went to T in car. Car has a rattle where it shouldn't . I've not driven since last Friday when I brought DD home from hospital. It's now getting seen on Monday and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. I always had a husband to deal with car stuff.

It's just me and my girl for a week so didn't need to buy much. Boys have headed off for a weeks climbing in the Alps. I'm assuming they got there! Got a text from Geneva.

Was looking after friends daughter for her. It was fine. Her and DD2 did make up/ nail polish/ hair things... I did bathrooms and vacuuming and tidying up!

Reading a good book . If I hadn't been as busy I would have read all day!

Fairly focused with diet today. Had salad with veggie sausages in a mayo/mustard pasta for lunch. Then baked potato with tuna and salad for tea.

Gorgeous afternoon, once clouds cleared. Chatted with friend when she came to pick up her girl then headed out to do yet more fence painting . She'd kindly picked more paint up for me ( not wanting to go far in the rattley car. ) then friend/ neighbour popped in so Haggis was delighted to entertain his elderly lady friend in his garden.

Continued painting and chatting with DD2 , stop for tea, then back out. I cut grass whilst she made a start. I only cut it on Monday and it had grown so quickly and we are forecast a week of rain so was glad to get it done. Then finished painting. It may need another coat but hopefully won't wash off in the rain! From a distance it looks much better...close up not so much!

No casualty this week so watched BGT as I pottered around tidying up.

A good day and so, so nice to see the sunshine and feel the warmth. Loads of people out and about ...as were the blooming midges tonight...forgot about them!
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all :)

Five pleasures for Saturday:

1. Got down to the allotment really early (7.30) this morning and it was lovely. Other people arrived soon after. Got quite a bit done before it got too warm. Will try to make early morning gardening a regular thing.

2. Saw my parents and they were on ok form but are struggling with the stuff that old age brings. i wish i could make it easier for them.

3. Listening to 'The Mill on the Floss' on Audible read by Fiona Shaw.

4. Bought a new digging spade since DS2 managed to snap my strong, old stainless steel one yesterday evening. The replacement has a ten year warranty - seemed to make sense given that it'll be DS2 who is using it!

5. While we were back at the plot this evening, tidying up ready to go home as the light was fading, there was a fantastic thunderstorm in the west - huge flashes of forked lightening. Very exciting. The rain started here just after we'd got home.

Sweet dreams
    B x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport