Your biggest regret

Options

Comments

• SandraX
    SandraX Posts: 840 Forumite
    Options
    Hi butter peanut

When I posted this thread, little did I know how many genuine, heartfelt posts I'd see here.

As you said, many of these posts have been moving and sadly I can relate to many :(

Thankfully, I'm a better person than I was many years ago though I've not done anything massively wrong.

I too love my family and wish some family was around that have gone to the otherside to see what we have made of our lives.

Thank you

xx
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Originally I would have said doing my degree, but I learnt a lot, it’s a good conversation starter, I might go back into education in some capacity and met some really good friends (plus I don’t know what else I’d have done job wise) so although I don’t use my degree now I guess it’s not a regret.

I have a feeling in time the bloke I’m having a kid with might be a regret as he doesn’t seem to want a relationship with the kid unless we are, but we agreed on staying friends, but we shall see.

Oh and I used to regret moving home after uni, but I now enjoy life, built a good life for myself and have some good friends so I think it’s all worked out ok in the end
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • butter_peanut
    Options
    Hi SandraX,
    You have a good heart. I feel that loved ones whom have passed away will always be with us as long as we think we of them.

Peace and love and good thoughts to you.
  • butter_peanut
    Options
    Typo
    *as long as we think of them
  • SandraX
    Options
    Hi SandraX,
    You have a good heart. I feel that loved ones whom have passed away will always be with us as long as we think we of them.

Peace and love and good thoughts to you.

Thank you as well for your very kind and comforting words.

:)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Well on the basis my experiences have made me me & I quite like me......no, I don't
  • SandraX
    Options
    Well on the basis my experiences have made me me & I quite like me......no, I don't

Hi

I hope it works out for you, whatever it is.

:)
  • marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    Options
    The only thing I regret in life is not standing up for myself as a kid against a teacher who was a downright bully and who totally underestimated me. Still her total unprofessionalism shaped me into being a teacher the complete polar opposite to how she was so even that experience has been a gain.
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
  • an9i77
    an9i77 Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My biggest regret is leaving a job last year. I was on good money but working mainly from home sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.... able to do what I wanted (ie non work stuff) when it was quiet, so long as all the work stuff that came in got done.

I was however not treated well by management and after being refused a promotion opportunity I decided to leave.

The next job was completely not as advertised and didn't work out, when my boss found out I was not happy she got in a strop with me and I ended up being forced to resign.

Now I'm unemployed and can't find similar roles to apply for, feel like my career is on the skids and I didn't realise how good I had it in the first job.

I'd do anything to turn the clock back
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My biggest regret is not speaking to the Police about something that happened to me a long time ago and the subsequent effect it's had on others, and me, since then.

Had I gone to them I could've "healed" and perhaps behaved myself in relationships I've had; instead I didn't value them, nor myself, and I've wasted my life to the point where I should be, and where I am, are miles apart.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure