Your biggest regret

Options

Comments

• baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife giving birth to my son on the 4th rather than the 5th, an hour later.
    Rather than have 5 numbers on the lottery i would have had all 6 and it was a double rollover.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2018 at 9:03AM
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    Rather than have 5 numbers on the lottery i would have had all 6 and it was a double rollover.

On that tack - and being a woman in my 60's - I needed for my parents to give birth to me about 3 years before they actually did. So I would have received all my pension at 60 as per plan - rather than having the State part whipped out of my grasp before I got it by the raising of the State Pension Age.

Tries to console myself with the fact that if I'd been born not much later the State would have whipped even more of my pension out of my hands before I even got it....:cool:

I tell them the fact that they hadn't actually met at that point is a small matter:rotfl:

But I suppose it was my own choice - sitting there on Cloud 9 months before I got born planning my life and saying "I want that man there as my father" and then having to wait for him to meet and marry my mother before I could be born. (Yes I know my way of thinking isn't the worlds most conventional.....LOL).
  • Rubik
    Rubik Posts: 315 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Rubik wrote: »

Just out of interest, what you plan to do with all our collective regrets? Some people have divulged deeply personal information here.

Any chance you might answer my question please SandraX?
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Rubik wrote: »
    Any chance you might answer my question please SandraX?

Now I'm curious. Gathering material for writing confessional stories for tacky magazines? Trainee agony Aunt maybe? Psychology student? Trainee Samaritan? Why would anyone want to know the personal details of complete strangers. Maybe just plain nosy? Even more curious is that people get sucked in.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • SandraX
    SandraX Posts: 840 Forumite
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »

Please enjoy your son as he is priceless.:):) The gift of a baby, even more so a very healthy one has no price:)

Enjoy your day:)
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    Now I'm curious. Gathering material for writing confessional stories for tacky magazines? Trainee agony Aunt maybe? Psychology student? Trainee Samaritan? Why would anyone want to know the personal details of complete strangers. Maybe just plain nosy? Even more curious is that people get sucked in.

ilona

And still completely ignoring the question posed
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    And still completely ignoring the question posed

SandraX seems to enjoy dishing out tea and sympathy. Very strange.

Just to repeat the question from Rubik.....

Just out of interest, what you plan to do with all our collective regrets? Some people have divulged deeply personal information here.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • ManofLeisure_2
    Options
    Maybe the 'Daily Mail' have 'a story' competition running and all 'the bits' collected here will be pieced together and entered :D
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Maybe they just want to feel better about their own life by feeling sorry for other people.....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • SandraX
    SandraX Posts: 840 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2018 at 6:13PM
    Options
    MrAPJI wrote: »
    So sorry to hear this Sammie. I lost my wife very suddenly and so I understand your struggle. There's a widows' thread (widowers also welcome) that will give support if you ever feel the need to talk with others who have been through the same. Here's a link :https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5783313.
    Meanwhile, take each day at a time. I wish you all the best :)

Thank you both for sharing and helping each other here.

IRL & looking here, not all of us but many of us tend to take things for granted, EG, life, relationships, security, love and happiness. Sadly, as we all know everything can change in a split second.

As we get older, aches and pains catch up with us and at times worse health problems, so take it day by day, be nice to people as it's one of the few free things in life.

Sadly, just like school bullies, some will mock anyone, everyone especially when they are in a pack. It was harder to ignore, or hide from bullies when I was younger, but older and wiser now, the rest is history.

I too was bullied at school for being tall and overweight. I was weak but as I got older, better educated, fitter and listening to my parents and sibblings I became a stronger and indeed a better person. (Sadly and honesty is the best policy, in order to avoid bullies I at times joined the gang of bullies to bully/taunt others. This was to escape being bullied myself, but it was wrong and I regret that but at least I'm big enough to admit it.)

Try to be positive, enjoy the day as most of us have our fears, weaknesses, friends and foes, so you are not alone.

IMHO, airing one's thoughts anonymously, real, genuine sincere thoughts on forums does take a bit of pressure away and hope it helps you as well and reading some of the comments here has given me strength and insight that I'm not alone. Talking to people IRL about things like this can at times result in being mocked, so here at least you can ignore the mockery mob.

Some have insinuated that I initiated this thread just to "feel better." I'll let all of those that posted genuine comments of their heartfelt regrets decide.

Thank you and good luck:)

PS, don't believe the hype in the media about everyone being happy, out and about spending money and enjoying big family gatherings as these are few and far between. But if you have that, cherish it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure