Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a lovely day yesterday even with the weather being pants. It was a bit of a spendy day with treats for me, DH and DS but all within our budgets.

Today, I have had a lie in, 10 hours sleep but I feel really good for it. The day is my own so after spending some time on here I'm going to do a menu plan for next week, probably will hoover through the house, walk the dogs, and if it manages to stay dry, do some weeding. Failing that, I may do some cooking. I have some pastry to use up and some lovely jam which I bought yesterday.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Pottered about yesterday and found old gold worth about £70 so result there. Also managed to smash a bowl from a set, but also got some free cucumbers plants from a neighbour. So pluses and minuses then.

We are just about keeping to our grocery budget this month.

Today, a trip out surveying a supermarket but other than that, just the usual dog walking and relaxing.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I am hoping for a NSD today. No other plans!
  • Jazee
    Options
    This is my last day off before the paid stuff resumes. I am up early as DH wasn't quiet getting himself ready for his paid stuff, but never mind. I feel as though I haven't really done anything constructive during this break although I have enjoyed not having the stress of the job.

I think that the bad weather hasn't helped, along with DH not wanting to do much when he actually gets a day off.

Anyway, the weather is rubbish again today. I was due to meet friends to go on a long walk with the dogs but I may give that a miss.

First things first, maybe I'll feel better after going in the gym.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Morning. Am mid way through sorting out finances today. Will report back later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    So the finances are looking okish so far this month. I am going to try to 'eat out of the freezer' for the next couple of weeks till payday. Our savings are now over £1k which is where I'd like to keep them as a minimum, so now I can start saving for my greenhouse.

A brilliant start to the weekend yesterday. Found out that I've won £100 M&S gift card and DH took me out on a date night.

Also got to catch up with old friends and make a new one.

Today, it is dry for the second day in a row so I'm planning to do gardening.

Lovely. I hope anyone reading has a great day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    I really got cracking with the gardening yesterday and will hopefully carry on today although I am going to a 'big lunch' event.

Yesterday, only spends were on some groceries that DH brought home, all YS.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, fab win. Can you get Xmas presents with it.

I'd use it to get the dine in offers and put the wine away
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Jazee
    Options
    Dawnybabes, thanks for popping in. I'm not sure yet what I'll spend the voucher on, but I may treat myself to some clothes. It can be used in the M&S outlets as well as the main stores.
  • Jazee
    Options
    So this morning I've transferred my second £30 to the Xmas savings account as I made an error on Friday, doh! I've checked the bank accounts and all looking ok, and a loan repayment has been taken, meaning that there is only one payment to go and we are debt free!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure