Jazee's Diary

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Piquant. I agree that a laptop is absolutely necessary these days. And this one is so quick, I shouldn't need to waste so much time on here now! Anyway, good news today, I won two tickets to the GoodFood show in Harrogate at the end of April. Very excited.

Will be back in the morning to update my debt signature. It will go below £3k. Yay.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Signature updated. Hoping for a NSD today.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Well I didn't get my NSD any day this week as DH keeps picking up reductions. Our freezers are full again.

I worked in London for part of the week although back up north now. Thank goodness as I couldn't stop my eyes from watering with all the polution. Since I've lived up north in the country, I've never had to use my inhaler.

Anyway, MSE things. I haven't gone into the overdraft yet, despite spending £100 yesterday on show tickets. We now have plans till next March. I only did this as DH wanted to go and see a show in two weeks time and they had sold out. I don't want this to happen again as he can really sulk sometimes!

Right, paid stuff now.
  • Jazee
    Options
    A bit of a spendy day today. Haircut, food shopping (fresh stuff) and wasted bets on the Grand National.

Had a lovely surprise yesterday, a huge bouquet of flowers from a friend I'd done something for. I didn't expect anything at all and smile every time I look at them.

Will be a spendy day again tomorrow as we need to buy birthday presents.
  • Jazee
    Options
    11 days since I last posted and we must stop spending! Tomorrow is payday so my plan before the paid stuff in the morning is to sort out the finances and set the budget for the next month, which must include paying the final payment on our holiday.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Ok, so finances sorted for next month. DH got a bonus which will restore our recently depleted savings so all good. BUT I must keep on track now and stop spending unnecessarily. Will hopefully have a NSD today.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Of course, diary, I did not have a NSD yesterday as I forgot that I was paying the balance on our holiday so spent £00s. Also changed the recipe for dinner last night so had to buy some veg, but did that with loose change which is technically from last month! Will also be using some of that today to put in the church collection plate.

It's a beautiful day today, so much brighter than yesterday. I am off work and looking forward to a hot cross bun in church, walking the dogs and doing gardening. I also need to put the hoover right through the house so I'll get that out of the way soon.

At the moment I am catching up with sorting out a few emails and stuff that I need to do on line. Yesterday I caught up with several phone calls so I feel quite organised at the moment.

Mustn't forget to not spend unnecessarily.......

I hope anyone reading has a great day.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Just back from church. It was good to catch up with friends and there was no collection plate today so in MSE style, my tea and bun were free.

Hoovering done before I went out. I'll get some washing in the machine when I get back from walking the dogs, then I can get on with the gardening.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Diary, I started on the gardening yesterday so after walking the dogs this morning, I intend to continue. Other than that I just need to do a meal plan for the week so DH can get the shopping on his way home from the paid stuff.

Spends yesterday, some shopping and £8.85 on takeaway fish and chips. We did manage without takeaways for nearly 3 months but seem to have got back into them lately. I must put a stop to that as I enjoy my own Chinese fakeaways more anyhow.

DH has put a bet on today. It seems to be becoming a more regular occurrence. It is out of his spends but I can't say I'm comfortable with it. He really does have an addictive nature.

Right, cuppa time.
  • Jazee
    Options
    DH won £30 on his bet trippling his money, then put £20 on lottery tickets and won £10 so £10 up overall...mmmm......

I put in a complaint about abysmal service in a restaurant last week and now have a £10 voucher to use. Which I won't, but I will give it to a relative who may make use of it.

Today should be a NSD as hardly anywhere is open. No real plans for today other than a bike ride and walking the dogs. I've got as far as I can with the gardening until tomorrow as I've run out of compost and mine (in the compost bin) isn't ready yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure