Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems to have jolted FU into action - my account has updated to show the "special" tariff -but still no sign of any balance from Usio, altho' they seem to want me to set up a DD -don't think so!!
  • Posiden
    Posiden Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Im quiet confused with whats going on now as Ive just received a FINAL bill from SSE (my supplier before the switch to USIO) and even though I pay £190 per month to SSE they now claim I owe them £362.29. This is even though I have paid them every month up to the 22nd of October.
    The Bill they sent me was estimated and was nearly 2000 units over estimated!
    Ive been on hold on the phone to SSE for 30 minutes without speaking to a human and no result.
    My agreement with them ran out on the 14th Oct and I was then to switch to USIO.
    USIO charged me £155.19 on the 22nd Oct as well!
    Today Ive had First Utility asking for a meter reading.
    What is going on here because Ive paid two supplier nearly £340 this month and then get a bill for another £362.29........................????

:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Posiden wrote: »
    Im quiet confused with whats going on now as Ive just received a FINAL bill from SSE (my supplier before the switch to USIO) and even though I pay £190 per month to SSE they now claim I owe them £362.29. This is even though I have paid them every month up to the 22nd of October.
    The Bill they sent me was estimated and was nearly 2000 units over estimated!
    Ive been on hold on the phone to SSE for 30 minutes without speaking to a human and no result.
    My agreement with them ran out on the 14th Oct and I was then to switch to USIO.
    USIO charged me £155.19 on the 22nd Oct as well!
    Today Ive had First Utility asking for a meter reading.
    What is going on here because Ive paid two supplier nearly £340 this month and then get a bill for another £362.29........................????

:mad:

Does it say Final Bill or could it be a catch up bill following a meter read? There is a process for verifying transfer readings which is managed by the gaining supplier:

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

As I say repeatedly on this forum, DD payments have little meaning. They are nothing more than payments made on account from which usage charges are deducted. The important thing to check when the new supplier sets up your account is that the opening and closing readings are the same.
  • Posiden
    edited 10 November 2018 at 9:40PM
    Options
    the Bill Definitely says "Heres your final electricity bill."
    I am going to try to get hold of SSE again and get the estimated reading altered .
    I just feel I am being ripped off by SSE and now USIO.
    Im a heavy user as I heat the entire house with a ground source heat put and use approx 17KW/h per year but my annual bill is going skyward at a rapid rate.
  • System
    edited 10 November 2018 at 10:30PM
    Options
    the Bill Definitely says "Heres your final electricity bill."
    I am going to try to get hold of SSE again and get the estimated reading altered .
    I just feel I am being ripped off by SSE and now USIO.
    Im a heavy user as I heat the entire house with a ground source heat put and use approx 17KW/h per year but my annual bill is going skyward at a rapid rate.

Forgive me, but the term ‘ripped off’ is meaningless in energy terms. We all agree a tariff rate (fixed or variable) and we only pay for the energy that we use. If you have overpaid your old supplier, then any credit will be repaid once you have a correct Final Bill. As I am sure you know, there is no requirement to tell the losing supplier that you are switching: often this can confuse them as they think you are moving home and a Final Bill follows.

As I said earlier, provided that the gaining and losing suppliers use the same readings to open and close your accounts then there is no question of you paying for the same energy twice. That is not to say that you will not be charged by both suppliers in the same month. A lot of suppliers now ask for payment in advance of supply. This, as I have said, is only money paid on account from which usage charges are deducted.
  • Posiden
    Options
    Totally agree with your comments but when I pay two supplier two bills in the same month then get an estimated bill asking for another £362 in the same month yes I do feel a bit miffed as to whats going on.
    As far as Im concerned I've been paying SSE £190 a month for over 12 months, why should i still owe them £362 for leaving them, If I was underpaying they would have increased my Direct Debit pretty quickly.
  • System
    Options
    Totally agree with your comments but when I pay two supplier two bills in the same month then get an estimated bill asking for another £362 in the same month yes I do feel a bit miffed as to whats going on.
    As far as Im concerned I've been paying SSE £190 a month for over 12 months, why should i still owe them £362 for leaving them, If I was underpaying they would have increased my Direct Debit pretty quickly.

I am not sure what SSE’s DD review policy is. Some of the bigger suppliers review payments after 6 months, whereas most of the smaller suppliers will not allow accounts to go into debit. Like many who post of this forum, I monitor my energy usage closely and adjust my DD should the need arise.
  • markipad
    Options
    Still no credits from Usio - I've phoned FU again today, and they say they are STILL waiting to get the credit balances from Usio's administrators.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    Still no credits from Usio - I've phoned FU again today, and they say they are STILL waiting to get the credit balances from Usio's administrators.

But FU have asked me to set up a DD and (as they now know I'm switching away) ,they want a meter read. Not doing either as I can see them dipping their paws in my Current account before the Usio credits are passed over!!
  • Posiden
    Options
    So Ive spoken to SSE today and they have told me that USIO have over estimated my reading by some 2458 units.
    Ive raised a complaint with SSE and been onto First Utility but just get a page full of FAQ's from the 'live' chat !
    Ive told SSE Im paying nothing until this is sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure