halifax bank charges (merged)

Options

Comments

• missphoenix
    Options
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had the correct address and department for the Halifax PLC, as I will be sending my letter and £10 fee tomorrow requesting a list of all bank charges. I'm not sure which address to send the letter to. :confused:
  • Jenbob2407
    Options
    I have got a repsonse from my first letter and the address is:-

Halifax Plc
    Motherwell Contact Centre
    250 Airbles Road
    Motherwell
    ML1 3RU

or you can phone 08457 20 30 40 and ask them for the customer relations address, but i think the one above is correct.

Please let me know how you get on, and i will do the same.

good luck!

I am about to send my second letter, like the advice given above. a little nervous, but just gonna go for it!
  • jujuju_2
    Options
    freyaluck wrote:
    hi

I receved about £270 from Halifax I went through the procedures on the consumer action group website, starting with the prelimary letter, as long as you follow the correct procedures it is pretty easy and take about 6 weeks to do.
    HTH
    Frey

Did halifax close your account? I'm claiming unjust charges but am concerned they may wish to do this.
  • scotlass99
    Options
    Hi, just to say I have claimed £1500 in charges from Halifax/Bank of Scotland, and they have not closed my account, if I was to give you any advice I would say GO FOR IT, I was mega scared to start off with but if you follow the steps you will be fine and there are loads of lovely people to ask if you are unsure about anything.

Good luck!!

Scotlass
  • netsurfer
    Options
    Quite some time ago (not got the dates to hand) I sent the standard DPA request letter to Halifax PLC requesting a breakdown of charges for the last 6 years. On about day 47 they replied saying "copies of duplicate statements have been ordered"

This was at the start of October! On Monday I sent a further letter outlining the fact they had not complied with the DPA request and if I did not hear from them within 7 days I would be applying for a County Court Order

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing with Halifax ?

Pete
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jenbob2407 wrote:
    I have got a repsonse from my first letter and the address is:-

Halifax Plc
    Motherwell Contact Centre
    250 Airbles Road
    Motherwell
    ML1 3RU

Be aware that when you file your claim, you must provide an address in England for the Defendant.
  • icklejulez
    icklejulez Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Options
    I have a loan with Halifax for around 12k would they be able to claim this back from me and has anyone had any experience of them doing this? It would really put my OH and I in amess. Im moving house in next 4 weeks so have the next 4 weeks to prepare.
    Saving needed to emigrate to Oz
    *September 2015*

£11,860.00 needed = £1,106 in savings

• netsurfer
    Options
    Well that was quick! Within 45 minutes of posting that message my Halifax statements arrived by Royal mail Special Delivery

All statements since 1990!

Going to be a long night going through them all!

Pete
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    netsurfer wrote:

Do you mean 2000? That's 10 extra years worth of wasted paper otherwise!
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    netsurfer wrote:
    Well that was quick! Within 45 minutes of posting that message my Halifax statements arrived by Royal mail Special Delivery

Going to be a long night going through them all!

Pete

People have claimed for more than 6 years but be careful the Limitation Act 1980 will come into play. Make sure you really know what you are doing before you go for that. Also the claim max is 5k, that can be pushed as well but you could put yourself in a difficult situation.

Lizzy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport