Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Wholesale energy prices have been falling, so hopefully you've picked a fix with no exit penalties.

I'll officially be transferred on Monday/Tuesday, now I need to decide whether to allow my DD for January to be collected towards the end of the month. I'll probably let it be taken as I don't think it will push my balance into credit even after the small One Select credit is applied to my account.

From other accounts in this thread, I'd much rather owe them money than have them owe me.

No exit penalties on the tariff I'm switching to - altho' I don't share your optimism about any wholesale price falls being reflected in consumer tariffs:)

My gas fix ends in September so I MAY consider going back to a dual fuel deal at that time.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Wholesale energy prices have been falling, so hopefully you've picked a fix with no exit penalties.

I'm not sure the industry agrees with you on where prices may be going in the near future
    Energy customers are going to see a continued increase in both prices and risks due to the uncertain state of the world today.

That’s the verdict from CEO of TEAM Energy Simon Miles, who spoke to ELN at the firm’s Management Conference 2018 in Milton Keynes yesterday.

He said he predicted a £20 per MWh increase in wholesale prices, which amounts to a 40% rise....
    https://www.energylivenews.com/2018/11/21/energy-prices-and-risks-will-continue-to-rise/
    (Dated 21-Nov-2018)

But whatever happens, I'm never too concerned about early exit fees.

Typically they are about £30 per fuel, and you can usually get £15 per fuel or more in cashback for switching. I'm not going to bother switching for a saving of less than £15 per year usually.

Even if the early exit fess were hugely above the norm (which would affect my decision as to whether or not to switch to them), then there are alternatives. e,g, Bulb offer to pay early exit fees, and they don't then have any early exit fees of their own to worry about, so you can almost immediately switch from them to your supplier of choice, all effectively fee free :money:
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,278 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    I'm not sure the industry agrees with you on where prices may be going in the near future
    Won't these factors be baked into todays prices? And wholesale prices shot up about 15% at the end of the summer (hence the wave of bust suppliers) and have come down somewhat from their peak in ~October.

Personally, I'm not inclined to start out paying 10+% more for my energy during a quarter where my usage is 2-3-fold higher than average, but I probably will look to fix in the summer if the premium for doing so is not too high. I guess only time will tell if I judge this right.
    Even if the early exit fess were hugely above the norm (which would affect my decision as to whether or not to switch to them), then there are alternatives. e,g, Bulb offer to pay early exit fees, and they don't then have any early exit fees of their own to worry about, so you can almost immediately switch from them to your supplier of choice, all effectively fee free :money:
    Indeed this is useful. Of course, those who have predicted Bulb will go bust during 2019 may not make use of it ;)
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    if elec wholesale prices have fallen, any ideas when this will be reflected in tarrifs? I can start looking to switch from 5th Feb i believe so i'm hoping it will come in by then before i fix for 2 years.

Kev
  • masonic
    Options
    kev2009 wrote: »
    if elec wholesale prices have fallen, any ideas when this will be reflected in tarrifs? I can start looking to switch from 5th Feb i believe so i'm hoping it will come in by then before i fix for 2 years.
    It might already be reflected in some tariffs. I've seen some cheaper fixes pop up that weren't available before Christmas.
  • masonic
    Options
    Can any existing Together Energy customer (with an online account) clarify whether there is an option online to make an ad hoc payment by debit card?
  • billieboy_2
    billieboy_2 Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Well, given up getting any new info. from Together re enforced switch from One Select - I've started a move to Yorkshire Energy for leccy -will only save £30 pa BUT in theory the tariff is fixed til end Feb 2020 vs short fix with TE.

Hopefully TE will get their act together before the switch goes ahead by setting up an account to switch away from!!

My carried forward credit from One Select has been used up so yet another supplier that I will owe money to:rotfl:

I too am thinking of moving to YE, having read lots of positive reviews. I had just emailed TE this morning to ask for my account details (without much hope of getting a reply anytime soon) when I noticed right at the bottom of an email from TE received overnight that there is a PDF attachment and lo and behold it has an account number on it! At least now there seems to be an account set up which I can switch from. My only worry now is that my last bill from OneSelect I have a £93 credit. Hopefully any credit I have left will get transferred over without any fuss!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @purplemoonlight

You really need to edit your post as it contains personal information that should not be on any public website.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @purplemoonlight

You really need to edit your post as it contains personal information that should not be on any public website.

Oh right, sorry.

I'm seething and didn't think.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fromply wrote: »
    I've today had confirmation from the Ombudsman that the made an error in their calculations and they have now increased my award. I have accepted their decision and TE will now have 28 days from when the Ombudsman notifies them of my acceptance. I obviously have no confidence in TE complying in a timely manner! We shall see!

Well that's the 28 days passed. No prizes for guessing what hasn't happened! Together Energy have made no contact on this issue and have not carried out the required remedies.

Referred back to the Remedy Implementation Team of the Ombudsman - if previous experience is repeated, the next step is for Together Energy to lie to the Ombudsman and say they've completed the remedies when they haven't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure