Welcome to the Supermarket Coupons Board, especially for stories!

Options

Comments

247365 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    The lunatics have taken over the Towers. :mad:
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Here we want you to let us know your extreme couponing stories. Have you stockpiled? If you have, show us your pics! Where's the best place for couponing? Have you had problems using them?
    Hopefully nobody will be stupid enough to do any of the above. :beer:

Although I'm sure that if you ask nicely enough we'll all post photographs of ourselves, along with a full list of stores we will be using, times, dates and a comprehensive file of every single coupon we'll be using.

Beginning of Black Friday Part 2. :mad:
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So why a dedicated forum for people to show off when "the loopholes are often in the email" and when as mentioned there are already threads to helps people with the tips and tricks?!
    A forum full of greedy pictures (think literally hundreds of items) is a really terrible idea it won't help anyone at all!

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 July 2013 at 3:44PM
    Options
    The only way to extreme coupon and get stashes of items is to use the coupon against the terms and condition. i.e using a coupon when an item is on offer when ALL coupons say not to be used in conjunction with any other offer Surely a thread like this is only encouraging that. Most coupon users do use coupons against offers but for obvious reasons do not brag about it
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• tazmac25
    tazmac25 Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Options
    bad idea - the greed will be posted for all and sundry and couponing will end - and we will all be worse off ;-(
    No. 16 in HCCSC
    :jFull Time Uni Student & Glitcher :j
    :beer:
  • AngelsMadv
    AngelsMadv Posts: 2,668 Forumite
    Options
    Well - I've not posted for some time due to work commitments but when I saw this on my break, I had to comment!

Are you serious? You do realize that this forum simply can not take some of the pictures in existence. I too love to share my finds and I'm not one of those who keeps things to myself. Whenever I find anything I have an email group of 40 people who benefit - but posting pictures of stashes? Until extreme couponing becomes acceptable in the UK (Which it won't due to English attitudes; think stiff upper lip) then this thread will simply not encourage any serious couponer to post.
    I am firmly across the line. I won't impose my values on you if you keep away from mine.
    Updated 14/10/14 :A
  • wackynut
    wackynut Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Chutzpah Haggler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This really isn't a good idea.:(
    Hopefully any serious couponer will realize and not post. ;)
    N1LDA :)
  • buck7862
    buck7862 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    i feel this thead will just end up like the 10ways fb page
    and we really dont need another 10 ways
  • adds03uk
    adds03uk Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    so its not enough that you have already led to tescos and asda changing there coupon policy once and stopping us from saving us a shed load of money you are now going for round two. I know dear all major supermarkets this is what people are doing to your already dwindling profits with coupons so why not change your policies again so that it is only 1 of any single type of coupon per a shop so nobody gets a good deal at all signed mse (yes we promote moneysaving but want to really just help all the supermarkets close every loophole by ramming it down there throats). Just hope mse towers will be there offering to replace the pounds we are not saving if coupon policy is changed. Worst idea for a thread ever
  • mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh come on this will just turn into the battle of the greed, its hard enough for us to use coupons as it is without ppl using way too many at once and then trying to outdo each other with pics of there stock piles
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek:
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2013 at 3:57PM
    Options
    sorry andrea
    but nothings a secret the information is already readily available on several threads for people to find and read.

this will just encourage the mis users and abuser to show how greedy they can be by buying stuff they don't need.

these same said people have already caused many supermarkets to get tough or refuse genuine couponers coupons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure