Welcome to the Supermarket Coupons Board, especially for stories!

Options

Comments

• DODO_2
    DODO_2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All the info is already on the site but you have to be prepared to work at it and look into things - if all the info on the coupons etc are here thousands of people will follow it but without knowing all the rules - eg no photocopying, only for exact product, read terms exactly as often minor variations. Misuse by the masses will lead to withdrawal of accepting coupons by all the shops and so will in the longer term benefit absolutely no one .
    You have referred to discounts and vouchers threads and supermarket coupons thread - surely that is enough. info is freely shared on those sites - this will just lead to the death of those sites - a bad idea
  • sharon-p_2
    sharon-p_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    What can I add that hasn't already been said? So many people rely on coupons to put food on the table, legitimately following the T&Cs of each coupon. This thread only seeks to encourage the greedy, and possibly put an end to coupons in all supermarkets
    :heart2:Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.:heart2:
  • artypaws
    artypaws Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think anything is kept secret it can all be viewed on mse, so no real need for a thread like this
  • nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    Options
    Total and utter madness! 10 ways and HUKD abuse any sort of coupon and put up pictures of their enormous stashes when they've used 40 or 50 coupons in go!

Are MSE aware that Tesco has now taken its online magazine coupons away due to coupon abuse..i.e 10 ways printing off hundreds of them. Lots of people relied on those coupons, particularly in stores where they couldn't get the magazine. This thread will put another nail in the coupon coffin..rather than helping the masses which is what you are saying you want to do you will actually end up depriving people that actually need coupons in the long run:(

All the information about coupons is already on MSE, and if people aren't prepared to spend five minutes looking for it then that's up to them.
    Handing it on a plate will encourage more people to just grab the info and run. As a couponer myself no way will I be posting on this thread, I'm sorry:)
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • Looby123
    Looby123 Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Andrea...first you clear up the 1st page of grabbit by amalgamating all the stickies (not too bad an idea tbh)...now this....are you after a payrise at MSE Towers?

I dont often post on here anymore, but have come out of lurkdom to say I agree with everyone on here...except Andrea.

Its all well and good saying you dont want to keep secrets....there are no secrets....but handing to to people directly on a plate with no effort involved will result in people taking the pee like they do on other sites. Inevitably this will result in shops tightening their coupon policies even more.

The idea of MSE is to share money saving ideas....not to encourage greed and abuse money saving tips and policies.

No doubt there are many people that use the coupons thread and other threads on here to gain a bargain that they ordinarily wouldnt be able to afford.....have you actually given any thought to those people when introducing this thread? Are you happy that by creating such a controversial and tbh unnecessary thread, you may potentially cost famillies a decent meal or basic toiletries, all because you want to create a new thread?

I wonder if any one of us 'non-staff' mse'rs had created this thread if you'd have taken the same opinion....based on the mass negative attitude of this thread, you would have probably closed the thread down by now.

Maybe you should consider that not one person considers this a good idea (maybe a few people will do later...usually those that want everything handed to them on a plate...so they can go share on 10ways etc and encourage even more abuse!).....and maybe that should lead you to do the right thing and remove the thread. A month is a long time in which to do a lot of damage :(
    hoping for a very MSE Ts glitching 2012!
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BLUEWKD wrote: »
    The only way to extreme coupon and get stashes of items is to .......

... live in the USA where retailers allow you to use coupons without making you feel like a criminal.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • elegant_elephant
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi there

We completely understand your concerns, but the aim's to help as many people save money as possible by letting them know all the tips and tricks.

We've had this kind of loophole often in our weekly email to 8 million people and we're not about keeping MoneySaving tips secret.

Sorry but to me this sounds like you're saying it's a done deal!

I don't think the coupon's that you'd find talked about in the coupon threads (eg 20p off Bertolli) are often published in the weekly email are they??

Agree with previous posters that this would ultimately only benefit the supermarkets who would end up banning coupons to the detriment of all...and the information about coupons is all there across several threads anyway.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde
  • littlebit
    littlebit Posts: 598 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2013 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Tesco are no longer issuing pdf coupons in their online magazine anymore because of the sheer amount of people using them mainly because of certain unnamed sites encouraging people to post pictures of their coupon haul etc so the greedy and competitive people that want to get one up on everyone else have abused the printable pdf mocs like no ones business, which i believe has resulted in them being pulled completely.

Now genuine coupon users who can not get hold of the mag in certain areas have to go without, some people rely on coupons i for one know that without coupons i would not be able to afford what i consider "treats" as they are too expensive for me to buy at full price, i also i agree with what everyone else is saying all the information you are asking people to post in this one specific thread is already available if you dig around a little.

I for one will not be contributing here i will stay amongst other pages i use and share any finds i may have there.
  • Thrifty_Sister
    Thrifty_Sister Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Options
    I have never seen such a ridiculous idea - coupons won't last long as its an open invitation to the idiots who have already partially lead to the end of coupon use - legitimate use that is - and is virtually handing things on a plate to the companies and mindless idiots.

I truly hope this daft idea is abandoned - I won't be contributing.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wont be contributing either its such a silly idea, if people want to save money do the same as all of us and look and use your legs
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure