Shell loyalty card - £20 of Fuel for £10

Options

Comments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Posts: 958 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2013 at 10:28AM
    Options
    What i don't understand is when i first brought this to the attention of MD on the 2nd June,MD checked again with shell and on 3rd June confirmed again it was August delivery

QUARTER.....REDEMPTION DATE...........VOUCHER DELIVERY

1st................31st March......................EARLY JUNE

2nd...............30th June........................EARLY SEPTEMBER

3rd................30th September................EARLY DECEMBER

4th................31st December..................EARLY MARCH
    Hi Everyone,

This is an official response from Shell and Mighty Deals.

For all existing Shell Drivers Club Members and newly registered members, please allow 24hr to 48hrs for the points to appear on your card.

In the unlikely event that the 4000 points aren't showing after 24hrs to 48hrs please contact Shell Drivers Club Customer Services and they will look into the account and get this resolved.

All Fuel Vouchers or any other reward type will be posted and received by customers in August. (Someone posted September, this is not for UK Customers. Shell have confirmed it is August)

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks

Neil Campbell
    Director
    MightyDeals
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing received here yet, and 4000 points still showing on my account.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • napes99
    napes99 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I've just checked and still got my full balance showing in the drivers club website. I have got the money off fuel vouchers option selected.

Does this mean I won't receive my vouchers in Sept?
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Nothing received here yet, and 4000 points still showing on my account.

Give Shell time to do the run. 5181 points showing on mine.
  • Dick_here
    Dick_here Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    Options
    Quite frankly it astounds me that some people aren't bothered about the misrepresentation of the offer by MD.

I was offered money off vouchers within 6 weeks of June 30 and I'm still waiting for them, which is not impressive by any standards.

Is MSE the right place for you who aren't bothered ? Or are you just here to try to shift the blame onto Shell I wonder ? ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • eschaton
    Options
    Quite frankly it astounds me that some people aren't bothered about the misrepresentation of the offer by MD.

I was offered money off vouchers within 6 weeks of June 30 and I'm still waiting for them, which is not impressive by any standards.

Is MSE the right place for you who aren't bothered ? Or are you just here to try to shift the blame onto Shell I wonder ? ;)

Well let the facts be clear - Shell are the ones that send out the vouchers. They haven't yet. Shell are not doing themselves any favours - £10 of free fuel in an attempt to buy custom and loyalty and they are making an !!!! of it.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    Well let the facts be clear - Shell are the ones that send out the vouchers. They haven't yet. Shell are not doing themselves any favours - £10 of free fuel in an attempt to buy custom and loyalty and they are making an !!!! of it.

I don't think the facts are remotely clear, I'm afraid, because we don't know the contractual arrangements between Shell and Mighty Deals concerning this 'deal'.

Given Mighty Deal's already poor reputation, I'd have expected them to have tied this down with Shell so closely that delays like this couldn't happen. But they obviously haven't, and for all we know the problem is entirely with Mighty Deals.

Have they, for example, passed the money on to Shell? Is that perhaps the problem?

Mighty Deals took the money. They haven't delivered what they promised. Simple really - and that will be the last time I ever trust them with my money. The amount is trivial, but the principle isn't.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Have they, for example, passed the money on to Shell? Is that perhaps the problem?

As the points have been credited to the Shell Drivers Club card; I wouldn't imagine they would do that if they hadn't received the money from MD.

I suspect the 'delay' is at the Shell end. They will send out the vouchers at the 'normal' time. Somewhere along the lines there must have been crossed wires that MD thought that they would be sent out earlier.

BTW I recently had a problem with the non-delivery of items that I ordered from MD. Contacted customer services and they sorted it out, and delivery was made.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

If anyone has any issues with delivery please contact us at customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk - We will look into it and sort it out within 24 hours at the latest.

This is a dedicated MSE email address, so we will respond promptly. We are closed at weekends, but Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm we will respond to emails that come into this email address.

If you would prefer to call us, you can contact our Customer Service department as well.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Director
    Mighty Deals
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • eschaton
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I don't think the facts are remotely clear, I'm afraid, because we don't know the contractual arrangements between Shell and Mighty Deals concerning this 'deal'.

Given Mighty Deal's already poor reputation, I'd have expected them to have tied this down with Shell so closely that delays like this couldn't happen. But they obviously haven't, and for all we know the problem is entirely with Mighty Deals.

Mighty Deals took the money. They haven't delivered what they promised. Simple really - and that will be the last time I ever trust them with my money. The amount is trivial, but the principle isn't.

I'm beginning to think that you are in love with Shell and won't be unfaithful by saying a single bad word about Shell :D

I am also guessing that you don't like Mighty Deals?

Maybe Mighty Deals regret getting involved with Shell who haven't delivered?

As I-LUV-MONEY has said, the points wouldn't be in the account if Shell hadn't been paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure