April 2013 weddings

Options

Comments

• daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    laurabllue wrote: »
    Of course! I had to ask for it, they didn't offer!

Oh thanks! you're organised, it didn't even cross my mind to ask :) about to pm you my email add. Thanks!
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well my first experimental batch of truffles for the reception favours is in the fridge, fingers crossed they work!

Laura - you sound very organised! It's starting to creep into my mind that I should maybe get in touch with my planner in Las Vegas as I haven't heard anything from them for a while!

I need to discuss what kind of service we're having, I don't even know what kind they do! It hadn't really crossed my mind as OH is quite non-religious and as it's not going to be a church I wouldn't mind have a non-religious ceremony. However the other day he dropped a bombshelll and said he'd be happy with whatever I wanted, bless him :) So I need to ask if they do a CofE ceremony, I think they call it Anglican in the states.

Cathy - I'm starting to panic about money too, hence the making the truffles and maybe the wedding cake to save a bit of cash!! Maybe we can help calm each other down? :D

Well done on getting your invites out! Mum and I are going to be assembling ours tomorrow, is it sad that I'm really excited?

What size bra are you looking for? (i.e normal or larger sized :p) Do you need straps/strapless/multiway? I'm guessing you said no lace cause you don't like it, do you want zero lace or is a little bit ok?

My weightloss is pretty much zero at the moment too, I lost 28 pounds between Jan and May last year and not much since then :( I'm comfortable at the size I am now but I'd love to lose more.

Daisie - Hope everything is OK :)

Ooh I heard back from my dress people, the sash was left out by mistake so they're going to get one to me as soon as possible. A bit annoying but I can't fault the service that the lady has given me.

No reply from the reception venue yet grrr! Don't they realise I want to know NOW!!!! Will wait a little longer and keep looking for the original info in the meantime. Mum thinks she might have binned it by accident :eek:
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey skoobie, your cracking on rightly too eh? Are you mad making your own, I would love to have the skill to do that but I have to admit I'll be indulging in an m&s cake and I'll get a nice decoration from eBay with a bit of luck

Underwear wise, I've big boobies :cool: 36 e or f depending on brand. I don't mind a bit of lace but if it's a matching set I wouldn't want lace knickers lol just something comfortable but sexy. My dress is covered so my normal panache white bra is fine on and you don't see it.

Was at my gym session tonight but it's my eating that is the problem, I've very fit but still a size 8 plus 10 :rotfl:
  • laurabllue
    Options
    Stressing about my hen night...I don't have enough girl friends!
  • sk00bie1
    Options
    Thanks Cathy! I'm hoping if it all goes pear shaped I will be able to get an M&S cake too! Do you by any chance know the turn around time when you order one? I'll have a about week when we get back from Vegas to get it sorted if the making my own doesn't work!

That said I'm pretty confident about the baking and freezing of the cakes as there is enough time to practice! The only thing I'm scared about is leaving the icing until the last minute as I've not got much experience with using fondant and if I make any mistakes they will be glaringly obvious. Will have to try and practice that too.

Haha I feel you on the big boobies, I'm a 36FF usually. I get most of my stuff from Bravissimo in their sales, not sure if you saw the basque I posted a couple of pages back? Or how about this? Will keep my eye out for other pretty sets for you!

Laura - I'll happily get drunk with you if required! I'm going to have a hen day with all the females that end up coming to Vegas but am trying to decide if I should do something before I go. I worry that it'll be kind of rubbing peoples faces in it, for those that can't afford to go anyway. What do you guys think?

Just ordered some favour boxes and diamante ribbon from Light in the Box as a test purchase, any one else used them for anything? I got cheap express shipping so hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. :T

Right now I must get to bed, so much for my early night :P
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
  • butterfly2001
    Options
    aww laurabllue im sure if they are aware you want one they'll do something. I'm not having one at all I have mixed feelings over it when I see peoples fb pics of them but realistically I don't have enough friends let alone friends in area :( lol

I can't believe how much you've all done stressing me out lol can I be added to the list 12th April, please.

Skoobie you shall have to let us know how the truffles do thats what I am planning on doing, what chocolate did you use

Well I hope those back to teaching have a good first day back, was a long Inset training day for me today so looking forward to being back to routine and being more organised with planning this term!
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• daisiegg
    Options
    laurabllue wrote: »
    Stressing about my hen night...I don't have enough girl friends!

I know exactly what you mean! I have a couple of good female friends at work (never mind they are 20 years older than me) and they keep asking about my hen night, and I think they expect me to be having a big night with loads of girls, and I just don't have bazillions of girl friends!
    sk00bie1 wrote: »

Laura - I'll happily get drunk with you if required! I'm going to have a hen day with all the females that end up coming to Vegas but am trying to decide if I should do something before I go. I worry that it'll be kind of rubbing peoples faces in it, for those that can't afford to go anyway. What do you guys think?

P

I don't think it will be rubbing any faces in it skoobs (I have decided this is your new name :p). People can always say no if they don't want to come! I think it would be nice :)

And I echo your comment to Laura....:rotfl:...it sounds like some of us live fairly close....we could have an MSE April 2013 brides hen!!! ::j,:rotfl:
  • daisiegg
    Options
    sk00bie1 wrote: »

Haha I feel you on the big boobies, I'm a 36FF usually. I get most of my stuff from Bravissimo in their sales, not sure if you saw the basque I posted a couple of pages back? Or how about this? Will keep my eye out for other pretty sets for you!

P

34g here :eek: :rotfl: I win! Lol. Which is why they don't have any of the lovely bravissimo sets in my size :(:(:(
  • sk00bie1
    Options

Skoobie you shall have to let us know how the truffles do thats what I am planning on doing, what chocolate did you use?

Hey butterfly, I used tesco 74% ivory coast choc. It seems to have set ok and the bit I nibbled last night tasted good! I'll let you know what happens when I shape them later! (if I have time after the invitations :eek:)
    daisiegg wrote: »

And I echo your comment to Laura....:rotfl:...it sounds like some of us live fairly close....we could have an MSE April 2013 brides hen!!! ::j,:rotfl:

That sounds good to me, I'm in!! My BMs asked if I wanted to anything before we go, thinking I'll leave anything else up to them!
    daisiegg wrote: »
    34g here :eek: :rotfl: I win! Lol. Which is why they don't have any of the lovely bravissimo sets in my size :(:(:(

Will keep an eye out for you too! Any particular style you want or don't want? x
    XStitch to do list:
  • caz2003uk
    caz2003uk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Yay!! Our replacement invites have arrived :D

I can't decide now what type of pen to write them with! How silly is that!!

Lol
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure