April 2013 weddings

Options

Comments

• sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why will they get binned JTR? I think they're lovely!

Have you looked on ebay for charms? Lots of places do 'tibetan' silver charms really cheaply. :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    sk00bie1 wrote: »
    Why will they get binned JTR? I think they're lovely!

Have you looked on ebay for charms? Lots of places do 'tibetan' silver charms really cheaply. :)

Just because I can't see people noticing and taking them off to take home! I will put it on the back burner and see what else I can find to buy for the sake of it.....:rotfl:

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • sk00bie1
    Options
    Ah I see =/

I get that feeling about favours in general, really really want to order personalised poker chips for favours but don't really know what people would do with them :rotfl:

I guess it would be bad to spend all that money on something to decorate a favour box?

Could you make them so they could be used as a keyring? Or a pendant?

Still haven't found venue dresser info :(
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
  • caz2003uk
    caz2003uk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    cathy2702 - 1st April 2013
    martinsgirl - 1st April 2013
    Gem123 - 5th April 2013
    Scrumpy78 - 6th April 2013
    sexybabe1982 - 6th April 2013
    daisiegg - 6th April 2013
    jtr2803 - 10th April 2013
    sk00bie1 - 11th April 2013
    jellytot83 - 21st April 2013
    Faith177 - 27th April 2013
    haxeybird - 27th April 2013
    TGWTARN - ???? April 2013

Can I be added to this list pls? 26th April :) x
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    cathy2702 - 1st April 2013
    martinsgirl - 1st April 2013
    Gem123 - 5th April 2013
    Scrumpy78 - 6th April 2013
    sexybabe1982 - 6th April 2013
    daisiegg - 6th April 2013
    jtr2803 - 10th April 2013
    sk00bie1 - 11th April 2013
    jellytot83 - 21st April 2013
    caz2003uk - 26th April 2013
    Faith177 - 27th April 2013
    haxeybird - 27th April 2013
    TGWTARN - ???? April 2013
  • sexybabe1982
    Options
    Wow! Really impressed by everyone's 'done' lists, think I'd best do one myself to see where I'm up to!
    Thanks for all the replies re:honeymoon! The OH and I have decided to have a luxury log cabin stay after the wedding, as we wouldn't have enough time for a proper hol abroad, and go all out and have pampering sessions in the cabin etc!!! Then we're going to have a normal holiday in the Summer, just a week somewhere to chill! Saves a bit of money that way too for future plans!

Not long now ladies!!!!!!!x
  • daisiegg
    edited 6 January 2013 at 11:30AM
    Options
    sk00bie1 wrote: »
    I've gone for this and matching undies - smooths everything out and holds me in a little (always a winner!).

Haven't decided about stocking/tights etc. Going bare legged scares me a little, but if a I get a bit of a tan then I might do. Thing is I'd probably have to go with tights to prevent the dreaded chub rub and they aren't the most exciting of under garments. I usually wear bike shorts under skirts but don't think they are very suitable for my wedding day. Thinking about giving something like this a go and then either wearing stocking or being brave and wearing nothing (on my legs that is :P)....

Have found the mock up invitations, now to find the venue dressing info :D

Edit: What kind of stockings are you looking for Daisie? White or Ivory? Lace tops or ruffles or plain? Or just something a little different?

That basque is so gorgeous - and one of the few bridal basques on there that actually has consistently good reviews. Unfortunately they still don't have my size in stock :(

I think I'd like ivory stockings, but quite sheer. Lace topped, but I want something bridal about them. I remember seeing ones in the past with tiny wedding bells up the seam at the back, or horseshoes, or something, but I can't find anything like that :( on the other hand, thinking about it, my shoes will probably be more comfortable with nothing on my legs (shoes are always slightly too big for me as I am just a bit smaller than a Size 3 but not small enough for a 2 - not that most shoes even come in a 2 - and some slippery fabric on my feet might make them slide around a bit!) I don't know! It's not a huge problem I suppose! Also, going to the loo will be a challenge enough as it is in my giant dress so adding stockings to the mix might not be the best idea!

In other news, just received an email from our venue this morning to arrange a planning meeting - as it is THREE MONTHS TODAY!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeek!!

ETA - this is the only basque they have in my size and the reviews say the boning is rubbish and it is not supportive without straps :( argh! Hopefully they will have something better near the time....I have NEVER had success with a strapless bra :(
  • daisiegg
    Options
    Wow! Really impressed by everyone's 'done' lists, think I'd best do one myself to see where I'm up to!
    Thanks for all the replies re:honeymoon! The OH and I have decided to have a luxury log cabin stay after the wedding, as we wouldn't have enough time for a proper hol abroad, and go all out and have pampering sessions in the cabin etc!!! Then we're going to have a normal holiday in the Summer, just a week somewhere to chill! Saves a bit of money that way too for future plans!

Not long now ladies!!!!!!!x

Sexybabe - THREE MONTHS TODAY!!!! :eek:
  • caz2003uk
    caz2003uk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    edited 6 January 2013 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Morning Ladies! I thought I better do a list too, just incase I've missed anything off...probably will forget to type something :rotfl:

• Book fitting and alteration appointment for last week of March as advised by dress shop!
    • Replacement invites ordered...just waiting on them to send them out!
    • Buy sweets for sweetie buffet
    • Finalise centrepiece decorations, and decoration (Until we have our meeting with the venue and decide how and what we are doing I dont want to spend the money until I know what we require)
    • Pay Registry Office fees by 26th Feb
    • Decide on music for the ceremony and first dance (We have absolutely no idea what we want :eek: any ideas would be a fantastic help - what are your choices?
    • Cake is booked, just need to pay deposit but as a friend is doing it, there is no rush!
    • Decide how I want my hair.....eek! Again can't decide!
    • Buy gifts
    • Buy pens for wishing tree tags as we are not having a guest book! (The idea is the wishing tree tags will be arranged into a frame after the wedding so we can see our friends and families wishes all the time instead of in a book which I doubt will do much more than gather dust)
    There is probably loads I haven't put here, cos Im having a blank moment on this sunday morning :rotfl:

I was very happy yesterday to receive a text from the events organiser at our new venue yesterday to ask if we had a good christmas and new year and to let me know we will receive a call in the next few weeks to arrange our meeting! After the disaster of our last venue to even have this text was brilliant!
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
  • sk00bie1
    edited 6 January 2013 at 9:56PM
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    I think I'd like ivory stockings, but quite sheer. Lace topped, but I want something bridal about them. I remember seeing ones in the past with tiny wedding bells up the seam at the back, or horseshoes, or something, but I can't find anything like that :( on the other hand, thinking about it, my shoes will probably be more comfortable with nothing on my legs (shoes are always slightly too big for me as I am just a bit smaller than a Size 3 but not small enough for a 2 - not that most shoes even come in a 2 - and some slippery fabric on my feet might make them slide around a bit!) I don't know! It's not a huge problem I suppose! Also, going to the loo will be a challenge enough as it is in my giant dress so adding stockings to the mix might not be the best idea!

Well stockings would be better than tights in your dress for sure! Have you tried some of those half insole things?

Stockings wise, how about these?
    caz2003uk wrote: »
    Morning Ladies! I thought I better do a list too, just incase I've missed anything off...probably will forget to type something :rotfl:

• Decide how I want my hair.....eek! Again can't decide!

I know I'm having mine up as I usually wear mine up and if I don't its up by the end of the night anyway! No point spending all that money on my hair if I wreck it by tying it back :rotfl: Have you narrowed it down to any particular styles at all?

Apologies, rant incoming...

My Sis finally replied to the text I sent last night telling her I haven't changed my mind about the BM dress and can't she wear it for a few hours for me.

She said she's really looking forward to the day etc etc and her priority is to wear a dress I want but she wants to feel comfortable in a dress that fits (the dress fits her perfectly :mad:) and can't we try and incorporate the purple/flowers of the dress I've chosen into one that she likes (it's not just the purple or the flowers that I like, it's the whole dress together :mad::mad::mad:)

:(:(:( I've just replied saying I don't know what to do as I like the one we've got already!

Went through it all again on the phone with Mum; - would I be happy for them to wear different dresses? Answer: No, Not really, plus I feel if Sister gets a choice then so should other BM.
    - What would I do if she refused to wear it on the day? Answer: I'd be beyond livid and would hope that she would have the decency to tell me that was the case before the day.

Mum says I should be prepared for her to turn up on the day and refuse to wear it. Aside from the fact I'm so far out of my comfort zone as it is cause I usually am the first to back down about things so others aren't put out, I hate that I am being made to feel like the bad guy (or worse, a bridezilla!!!) for sticking to what I want.

My other BM passed on some wisdom from her friend who un-bridesmaided her sister for similar reasons; 'she's not really acting like a BM is she? Surely her job is to help the bride' :T That's so true, just not sure if I'm prepared to lose my Sister over this... plus she'd probably then decide that there is no point her coming at all(see feeling like the bad guy again :( ) Anyone have any words of wisdom to help me persuade her? Or make her see how difficult she's being? :)

Anyway I ordered my ring today, should be able to collect it on Friday so that's cheered me up a little! :T

Also seriously considering the making the wedding cake idea, this is what happens when I try and distract myself!
    XStitch to do list:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport