April 2013 weddings

Options

Comments

• jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    What's everyone doing for honeymoons?? This is really stressing me out! Everyone expects you to go somewhere expensive and exotic but the OH hates the sun and for him my dream honeymoon in Maldives or Mexico would be a nightmare! Also, being off only at half term means I'd struggle to get a week away after the wedding.

Sorry, am going to the Maldives :o. Hope you find somewhere you both love, could you do a combined city and beach break so you have something for both of you?
    On a planning note we have shortlisted a band :D

Ooh, I love live music! That is my only regret about not having a full on evening reception, I found an amazing motown singer and would loved to have been jumping around in my dress :rotfl:
    sk00bie1 wrote: »
    Eeeeeep! My dress is finally being delivered tomorrow, it had been delayed at customs over Christmas. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :rotfl: If I'm like this over the dress wonder what I'll be like on the day!

I'm not planning to change anything over to my married name until after the wedding, I don't want to worry about things not coming through in time.

Yay for the dress, especially after all the hassle you had with it, I bet you can't wait to finally have it in your hands :D. I am not changing my name on my passport, as much as I would love to, it has 6 years left on it and I don't want to give a penny more to the government than I have to ;). Great news on the rings too!

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • jtr2803
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting TERRIFIED? I really am. I'm terrified about the day but in a bizarre way I'm also scared about being married!

Honestly, I can't wait. I am terrified about things going wrong on the day itself but I can't wait to hear that moment we are announced as husband and wife. I feel like taking his name and being his wife will be the final piece of our jigsaw and I feel like it's going to make me feel complete if that makes sense...mind you, I'm in for a shock if it doesn't!! :rotfl:

My to-do list would take me about an hour to sit and type but most of it is just bits and pieces, we have agreed to go and sort wedding rings next Saturday, OH is at pub tonight with best man so hoping they talk about buying clothes! I have a make up trial booked for end of next month, just need to book hair trial. Am having my first teeth whitening appointment on Wednesday and am a bit nervous!

Emailed a few suppliers about balance payments and the caracaturist replied saying if I wanted to pay the balance now he would do a 3rd hour free of charge so that saved me £50. Also decided to hire one of the old style Royal Mail boxes for the reception and got quoted £30, I thought that was good but decided to check with my ceremony decorators and she has one I can hire for £15, bargain :)

Picked my invites up Thursday, gave two out at work Friday and have one RSVP. Slight problem was that I decided I didn't like the decoration on my evening ones :o, she copied what I had done but I just changed my mind. I was annoyed with myself and OH told me to just buy new wallets for the sake of £5 but I managed to pull off the decoration and restick the ribbon without any issues, yay. We did run out of wallets though so I need to order a few more!

Spero Meliora
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It fits it fits it fits!!!!!!

Am soooo relieved. Now just mustn't put on any weight :D Am still going to try and lose a few pounds more though, will book in for alterations a few weeks before the wedding and go if I need to.

And cause I have to show someone, here is a sneaky pic. It's a bit rubbish, not enough light etc but you get the idea. I can't resist showing it as I can't show OH :rotfl: Will prob remove it in a bit just incase but for now;

photo-5.jpg

Will need to get it steamed when we get to Vegas as its so creased, just hoping it survives the journey back across the Atlantic.

The only thing is the sash I ordered wasn't with it. I've emailed and am waiting for a reply but will probably have to wait until Monday for a reply and I want to know NOW!!! :P I'm hoping it was going to be coming separately any way but it's odd that no one mentioned it.

Daisie - I'm starting to get nervous now too, I couldn't sleep last night with nerves/excitement! And I feel you on the kids thing. I'd always said no kids until after I got married and now it's getting close I'm freaking out a little.
    I suppose it has always seemed so far away until now. My plan is to concentrate on the planning and the day itself which is going to be amazing, for all of us. Then it'll all be over before we know it and we'll suddenly be all grown up and married and it won't be so scary after all... That's the theory anyway :rotfl: So please try not to panic hon.

I say that having freaked out when I remembered more things to go on the to-do list and more things we need to pay for... /sigh

Last night (whilst I couldn't sleep hehe) I remembered my plan for favours if I can't come up with anything better which is to make truffles or something similar and put in little boxes. This is quite 'me' as I'm always making/baking and it shouldn't be too hard to make up batches in bulk and freeze (she says!). Anyhoo the thought crossed my mind that I might make the cake for the reception.... Yes I know, I'm completely off my rocker as I'd have to have it all done in the week in between getting back from Vegas and the reception. What am I thinking?! I can't work out if it's the best idea I've ever had (would be cheaper & would be a great acheivement) or the worst (limited time, what if it doesn't work out?) Anyone have any thoughts, please feel free to talk me out of it?

Off to dig out the info from the venue dresser so I can get that sorted and the mock up invitations so I can measure them as the over sized post cards are too big for the pocketfolds I bought and need to be cut down.

Sorry massive post again =/ seriously if anyone needs to refind their wedding mojo go and try on your dress again! It's done wonders for me!!

PS - good news on your savings JTR, just saw your post :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • jtr2803
    Options
    I didn't want to quote as I think it saves the dress pic but oooooh, that's pretty! Very chic and looks like a perfect fit, you must be dead chuffed :cool:. I agree with you about trying the dress on bringing back the mojo, I haven't posted a pic of me in my new dress (I will get one next time I try it on I promise) but it made me feel all giddy again :rotfl:

Spero Meliora
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Skoobie - STUNNING DRESS!!! So elegant! :D I am thrilled for you that it fits! Ooooh exciting! :j
  • butterfly2001
    Options
    absolutely beautiful :D you will certainly wow your other half!
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• daisiegg
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    Honestly, I can't wait. I am terrified about things going wrong on the day itself but I can't wait to hear that moment we are announced as husband and wife. I feel like taking his name and being his wife will be the final piece of our jigsaw and I feel like it's going to make me feel complete if that makes sense...mind you, I'm in for a shock if it doesn't!! :rotfl:

That is how I feel deep down....it just feels VERY CLOSE all of a sudden! I can see all our weekends between now and the wedding just disappearing with one thing or another. I need to try and be organised and energetic and just look forward to resting after the wedding!

I'm glad our thread is busy again though :) I might re-post the dates from the beginning of the thread and see if anyone needs added :D (can you guess I can't sleep lol)
  • daisiegg
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    cathy2702 - 1st April 2013
    martinsgirl - 1st April 2013
    Gem123 - 5th April 2013
    Scrumpy78 - 6th April 2013
    sexybabe1982 - 6th April 2013
    daisiegg - 6th April 2013
    sk00bie1 - 11th April 2013
    jellytot83 - 21st April 2013
    Faith177 - 27th April 2013
    haxeybird - 27th April 2013
    TGWTARN - ???? April 2013

JTR - you are not there!!! When's your date again? :D
  • jtr2803
    Options
    oh my days!!! I am 10th of April hun :D

Spero Meliora
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks girls, I can't stop looking at the picture, I want to go and put it on again :D

Forgot to say the pearls are my mums, woo jewellery and something borrowed sorted! And I love my shoes... just love it all. I'm actually bouncing with excitement lol And I know my OH will love it which makes me even more excited!

Texted my sis with the dress pic and after a few messages back and forth asked her straight out if she would wear the BM dress I want... am awaiting a reply :rotfl: So been on skype with my mum a bro about it all... Just wish she'd agree to wear the wretched thing lol

Really must stop faffing on the computer, and go and do the stuff I said I was going to do...
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport