Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have spent most of the day on the sofa, with fleecy blankets, polar bear and the rugby. Then Columbo once dh was home. He and dd had a good time without me - and I without them. I have had a couple of naps (sorry USA v Tonga, I missed a couple of tries...)and also needlefelted some penguins.

Dd has cracked on with the required hwk, phew.

Will be having as easy a week of it at work as I can...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just one more get-up for me. Yay!

Have taken it super easy this week, but am feeling much improved from Monday. Still not fit to do a workout, but ok to do some yoga. In fact, the mere thought of a workout makes my legs feel all weak and wobbly!

I was able to meet dd from school, which gave her a good surprise. We deposited some money in her savings and talked to them about dd having an account. I'll wander up again soon, and make an appointment for next week.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    That's me done for the next 2 weeks. Yay!

Am v glad that dh bought a gismo a while back, that inflates car tyres using the cigarette lighter thingy as my car had a total flat after work. Dh offered to come out to sort it out and change the wheel, but it would have taken him over an hour to get to me. So I learned how the gismo works, got the tyre inflated and got myself home.

My new exercise mat has arrived. It is a joyous 10mm thick and lovely and squishy. So I did a 10 min workout - zwow #28, modified a little.

I meandered up to make the appt for dd with the bs, then met her from school. She has a mufti day tomorrow and has hardly any hwk for the hols. Phew.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A blissful sleep until 8.34am. Well needed.

Some needlefelting bits finished whilst watching the rugby. Going to try acorn-capped snowmen now. It's getting the nose right that is the tricky bit.

Nipped to the gym yesterday and am feeling feeble today so not attempting anything too strenuous. Dd has dance soon and dh will drop us off then go and sort out the tyre. We're expecting to come home on the bus, so I'm very glad it is dry out there.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon apple :) good to hear that you're almost over your bad cold ... and now you have holiday! My word, you must need it. Amazing that your needlefelting is going so well - I did a few craft classes on the holiday, and some of it was a lot of fun. I learned how much experience it takes to be neat, however :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Which crafts did you do, karma?

I have had enough of feebleness, so once I'd woken up, I went for a waddle around the block. Very slowly!

Dh stayed home today and I was on kids klub, so had a busy morning. My hands are quite achey so I was very grateful to one of the other helpers who did the heavier shifting of stuff for me.

I've caught up with the rugby - all v entertaining. V pleased Wales won.

My next needlefelting task will be to finish off the several mice I've started, and possibly put a little cmas hat on them, to get them ready for fairs.

Tomorrow dd and I have an appt to open an account for her. We also plan to hit several ch shops...
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Which crafts did you do, karma?
    There were heart shapes ready cut out, to embroider and then stuff. Stuffed hearts *so* aren't me :rotfl:but I embroidered the square that was to be sewn on, sewed it on, and I'll keep it flat and sew it onto a duvet cover or something. Two days later (the classes are held on what they call "sea days", ie when the ship is at sea the whole day) there was a little class making portraits of from pebbles and seaglass. There were some brilliantly artistic people in there - glass shapes seem to create seagulls very well, for some reason :p but mine was a cat. So minimal it looked a bit silly, I'll have to revisit it. Good start though.

Glad you're still improving health wise, and that you've got help too.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    :jDd is in her new bedroom at last :j thanks to dh who shifted a huge amount of gubbins as I languished downstairs, venturing upstairs to help minimally.

:jWe are still married after disassembling and reassembling dd's high-up bed (including moving the ladder) and dh's massive desk. Wood glue/hardener stuff was required...:j

:jDd doesn't want to go to any more ch shops, as she has realised just how much gubbins she has.:j

:jTomorrow we plan to hit primarni early, to find the clothing items she needs, and the sainz in that town to look for gf b'sticks. :j

I am grateful for my hm bacon + green tomato soup being yummy. And for downloads of WSM - up to 1999 so far :D. And for dh's shepherd's pie.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    WSM? Can't think what that is! Do tell :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure