PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Whew back home again to a very nice offer on the house! another viewing this afternoon and then decision time I think! So I've actually been able to do some enthusiastic cooking this morning for the first time in ages!

Lunch will be home made sweet potato falafels in wraps with parsley salad (from the polytunnel), home made pickled red onion, hummus and sweet chilli sauce.

Supper tonight will be home made Channa Massala, home made Aloo Gajaar (potato and carrot curry), home made Pilau Rice and home made Cucumber and Mint Raita a sort of celebration meal for us. Black coffee to finish.
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Today will be bean curry soup from the batch we made the other day and a mushroom stir fry with extra mushrooms and some purple sprouting broccoli, later :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Supper tonight will be home made Channa Massala, home made Aloo Gajaar (potato and carrot curry), home made Pilau Rice and home made Cucumber and Mint Raita a sort of celebration meal for us. Black coffee to finish.

Do you cook the Aloo Gajar in a pressure cooker, Mrs LW? I've just looked up a couple of recipes which suggested it be cooked that way.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Pipkin I make the Aloo Gajaar in a saucepan on the stove top, fry the seeds in oil until they pop, then add in the carrot and potato cubes and cook until they start to soften then add the spices, fry for a minute, add the water and pop on a lid and cook until the veg is cooked through. Very easy to do and yummy too!
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Hi Pipkin I make the Aloo Gajaar in a saucepan on the stove top, fry the seeds in oil until they pop, then add in the carrot and potato cubes and cook until they start to soften then add the spices, fry for a minute, add the water and pop on a lid and cook until the veg is cooked through. Very easy to do and yummy too!

Thank you :) I will give this a try as it does sound lovely :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollock baked with tomato & chorizo, roasted baby potatoes and kale
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lunch today will be some leek and potato soup to use up leeks that are beginning to go up to flower from the garden plot, He Who Knows will have another falafel wrap with his and I'll have a couple of hard boiled eggs.

Supper this evening will be a couple of gammon steaks from the farm shop that we'll use regularly once we've made the move, it's delicious meat and all their produce is in good condition in the shop. I'll do some jacket potatoes and a nice crisp salad to go with them and then there will be some blackberry and apple crumble if it's wanted , trying to clear the freezer of home grown produce.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MrsLW got everything crossed for you re house, younwill 'know' when it's right x

Dinner today is Lamb Curry as cooked by my beloved - yesterday became steak and chips - I still can't taste a lot due to this bloomin cold so it's all the same to me - annoying as I miss 'tasting' my food.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be slow roasted boneless shoulder of lamb, with jersey royals, roast potatoes, hm yorkshires, carrots, peas, savoy cabbage, gravy and mint sauce.
  • Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Normandy pheasant with potatoes, (pheasant found at the bottom of the chest freezer, cider, onions and apples in the slow-cooker) and raspberry and chocolate traybake for pudding - raspberries needed using up (that's my excuse!)
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport