Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    redmalc wrote: »
    After one hour on the phone with Sky i have been offered Entertainment,Kids,Sports,Hd, Ultimate on demand with Netflix for £70 per month on an eighteen months contract and Sky Q been a customer for twenty years so the Sky Q box and Mini comes free, no idea but is that a good deal or not ?

Even with multi-room (do you actually need that?) it looks about £15 a month overpriced.
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colin i am not to savvy on this subject but we have a couple of tv,s upstairs and i have bben advised i will need Multiroom with SkyQ to get the pictures with the two mini boxes
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    redmalc wrote: »
    colin i am not to savvy on this subject but we have a couple of tv,s upstairs and i have bben advised i will need Multiroom with SkyQ to get the pictures with the two mini boxes

So you do need multi-room, however Sky Q multi-room only comes with one mini box, they usually charge £99 for the 2nd (I might be wrong about the amount as I've not checked for awhile). Has anyone mentioned a 2nd box and any potential charge?
  • antuk
    antuk Posts: 358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get a deal with an old (grandfathered) package?

Im on Sky Original with HD, Sky Q and Mulitroom

Sky insist they can only offer me a discount if I switch to the new package which would be Entertainment, HD, Sky F1 and Mulitroom.

This costs more (with discount) then my old package!

Anyone have anything similar and got a deal out of Sky?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    antuk wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a deal with an old (grandfathered) package?

Im on Sky Original with HD, Sky Q and Mulitroom

Sky insist they can only offer me a discount if I switch to the new package which would be Entertainment, HD, Sky F1 and Mulitroom.

This costs more (with discount) then my old package!

Anyone have anything similar and got a deal out of Sky?

Thanks!

Sky are determined to remove all of the legacy packages, just put your cancellation in and you'll beat whatever the price offered for the Original package is.
  • antuk
    Options
    Sky are determined to remove all of the legacy packages, just put your cancellation in and you'll beat whatever the price offered for the Original package is.

Does the cancellation need to go through and they call back?

Ive got through to retentions and still no joy - but I stopped short of saying ok cancel my contract
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    antuk wrote: »
    Does the cancellation need to go through and they call back?

Ive got through to retentions and still no joy - but I stopped short of saying ok cancel my contract

Nope, you just need to cancel. You can always stop it going through if necessary.
  • redmalc
    Options
    Colin thanks for your comments, recently my son moved house and the engineer offered him the extra mini boxes at £69,99 each and he also connected them to the tv,s
  • antuk
    Options
    Nope, you just need to cancel. You can always stop it going through if necessary.

Ok so I cancel, do they call back at some point to offer a deal? Since they wouldnt budge when I got as far as cancelling and just stopped.

Or are you saying if I said ok go ahead and cancel a better deal would appear?
  • redmalc
    Options
    Antuk
    Sometimes they will call , last year they let me go out of contract before they called,its Poker !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback